Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

I really never got into the CHIPS scene, the Estrada head was ridiculous and Jon looked like he was constipated.
    but like someone had already said, cops clothing is already available, so maybe Ponch and Jon noggins would be
    interesting, as long as there not to big. I was much more into Starsky and Hutch, but not sure how well they would
    sell, and of course you'd want the Torino. I would really like to see them make an attempt at a M.A.S.H. set, Mego never
    made 8 inch figures of those, clothing would be easy, basically olive green outfits and surgery scrubs, or maybe an attempt
    at Andy Griffith and Barney Fife along with Otis the town drunk.

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 15, 2010

Pee-wee Herman rules--would love all the Pee-wee characters.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

CHiPs was hot at the time, but I don't think it has the long term fandom to support figures these days. It's a show most folks remember, but not often in the same way as things like the Dukes, where there seems to be a more fervent fan base. Even back in the day, though I watched the show, I only got the figures to use as generic policemen with my super heroes. Only reason I could think of to get them today would be if the figures had properly sized heads (this was one of the few cases where Mego got macroencaphalic), but, let's face it, they could come out right or they could come out even bigger given what we're getting from FTC these days. Chances of one or the other would be about equal...

Comment

• MysteryWho
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 16, 2008

Starsky & Hutch would be interesting, but I can't see it being lucrative. The figures aren't hard to get and many people already have them I would think. The original clothing was the only real mistake they made, but that's easy to correct using stuff from ctvt's current outfits and accessories. The only thing that would really catch people about that license would be the car, maybe a roomier update of the original. Could be made in the same simple plastic style as the other Mego vehicles they are supposed to be making. It would sell like crazy to all sorts of collectors. However, it probably won't happen, because if they were gonna do that, they would have done a Duke's General Lee already.

Comment

• jeffbearco
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 27, 2011

I'd still rather they jump forward and do Archer figures!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

I think they'd do pretty well. MeTV is always hyping the series.

Comment

• nobody
                banjo!
                • Jan 26, 2012

Transgender Bruce!!! with Bathroom Playset! Let the Fun begin!!

Comment

• jeffbearco
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 27, 2011

There really should be a like button on here. LOL

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Spyweb007
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 18, 2006

The CHiPs figures were really well done when you look at all the detail and accessories that went into them, from brown socks on the uniforms to the sunglasses, wristwatch and billy clubs, they were great figures at the time.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                      Talkative Member
                      • Aug 28, 2006

I would love a new set count me in.
                      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎