Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C'mon we need 66 Batgirl, Super Friends 2, Shazam, Super Powers 3, Batman 4...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Teemu
    it's not about taking a hint...it's the ridiculous censorship towards me and it would go a long way if a Mod explained why it was deleted to me, instead of just deleting it
    As has been stated before, we work all week to put together a complete newsletter and roll it out Friday morning. (And by "we" I mean mostly Brian BTW, but I happened to be dinking around with it until 2am) We have the news before it goes up on the FTC site, but we have committed to them and our subscribers for a Friday morning release. Surely you can see why we wouldn't enjoy being scooped by our own people who know full well the news will be posted Friday morning? It's a lot of work, and it's disheartening to see threads already posted as we're pushing it out.

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
      As has been stated before, we work all week to put together a complete newsletter and roll it out Friday morning. (And by "we" I mean mostly Brian BTW, but I happened to be dinking around with it until 2am) We have the news before it goes up on the FTC site, but we have committed to them and our subscribers for a Friday morning release. Surely you can see why we wouldn't enjoy being scooped by our own people who know full well the news will be posted Friday morning? It's a lot of work, and it's disheartening to see threads already posted as we're pushing it out.
      understood...though,why did FTC put pre-orders up yesterday afternoon if they were reserved for only the newsletter? Who's fault is it then? Why did they not wait for you guys to roll out the news first and pre-orders for these?

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

There's no fault. They're running a business and have their own schedule to keep. My point was that we could easily beat them to the punch, but they are doing things on their end on the assumption that we're not releasing anything until Friday morning. Think of what a mess it would be if we posted Wednesday that pre-orders are up, and the FTC crew doesn't flip the switch until Thursday night, or there's a last-minte problem and we need to delay the announcement. If anyone posts about something on their site that is scooping an impending announcement from us, it may well be deleted.

Being denied the capability to write whatever you want, whenever you want on a forum page isn't censorship - it's moderation.

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

I've seen the prototypes for the 66 Batgirl, and I really, REALLY hate to say this, but you guys need a better sculptor. The expression is just so HARSH on that little bitty head! The one thing I remember about Yvonne Craig's portrayal of Batgirl was that she usually had a smile on her face, and was just so much prettier than the head of this figure.

Either figure actually.

Like everyone else here, I have dreamed of a Mego scale Batgirl that reflected Yvonne's take on it.

The custom figure that was done last year was SO much more in line with Yvonne; I really, really wanted one of my own.

I hope that these are only prototypes, and that the actual figure is better.
          JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by JediJaida
            I've seen the prototypes for the 66 Batgirl, and I really, REALLY hate to say this, but you guys need a better sculptor. The expression is just so HARSH on that little bitty head! The one thing I remember about Yvonne Craig's portrayal of Batgirl was that she usually had a smile on her face, and was just so much prettier than the head of this figure.

Either figure actually.

Like everyone else here, I have dreamed of a Mego scale Batgirl that reflected Yvonne's take on it.

The custom figure that was done last year was SO much more in line with Yvonne; I really, really wanted one of my own.

its coming in April, so I doubt it will vary much from that figure. I was hoping it would use the same hands Jayna is getting.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Either figure actually.

I have to agree. I'm either not going to buy one, or buy one and find a better custom head somewhere.
              sigpic

Comment

• Boywonder0
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                Which is another way of saying you can't take a hint.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 29, 2007

Either figure actually.

Nah! She looks great!

Comment

• wise guy
                    Career Member
                    • Dec 29, 2014

I also like this Batgirl

Comment

• jeffbearco
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 27, 2011

I've noticed that the running theme seems to be that the sculpts and figures always look better once you have the in hand. Most people don't look all that great in a larger than life close-up. I'll bet you that once they are staged properly in their packaging, everything seems to even out a bit. I will definitely be getting Batgirl. I will probably stage her so that you see more than the yellow lining of her cape. That much bright yellow tends to shock the eye and bring out all of the negative details.

JeffBearCO

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎