Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

If you look at the history of Gilligan merchandise, most of it seems to revolve around those two primary characters. I'm sure if there was a market for the entire cast, they would risk doing them all, like they did the Dukes. But big ensembles may not sell that well. FTC has done allot of big cast shows, so there might be some sales history there that suggests the risk to reward ratio is too high to go past the primary leads. Too bad. I think allot of us would get them, but there probably isn't enough of us to buy a production run and I doubt an exclusive figure for each character would be all that popular at those prices. I've dialed back allot of my interest in those specialty lines because they're just too expensive. It has to be something REALLY unique to get my wallet opened for 2016.
    Last edited by MIB41; Jan 6, '16, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

to me it gives me the same feeling when they didn't have Mike Brady or Koenig in the Bradys or 1999 lines. I know it was rights issues, but it left the lines incomplete.
      Originally posted by MIB41
      If you look at the history of Gilligan merchandise, most of it seems to evolve around those two primary characters. I'm sure if there was a market for the entire cast, they would risk doing them all, like they did the Dukes. But big ensembles may not sell that well. FTC has done allot of big cast shows, so there might be some sales history there that suggests the risk to reward ratio is too high to go past the primary leads. Too bad. I think allot of us would get them, but there probably isn't enough of us to buy a production run and I doubt an exclusive figure for each character would be all that popular at those prices. I've dialed back allot of my interest in those specialty lines because they're just too expensive. It has to be something REALLY unique to get my wallet opened for 2016.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎