Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gummi
    Career Member
    • Dec 2, 2009

It's really too bad about all of these sets reaching customers in this kind of shape. In hindsight, a couple of well placed clear bands could have remedied all of this and not taken away from the aesthetics of the piece at all. I have a feeling FTC is going to lose some serious cash on returns.
    Last edited by gummi; Dec 19, '15, 2:58 AM.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Comment

• timb
      Will Draw for Toys
      • May 1, 2009

My friend ordered two. Both arrived with their jaws off and flopping around in the box. He returned both for a full refund.
      For something with an $80 price tag this is ridiculous.

Comment

• rjm118
        Museum Super Collector
        • Apr 25, 2012

I ordered mine from entertainment earth, haven't gotten it yet but now I'm a little nervous

Comment

• gummi
          Career Member
          • Dec 2, 2009

OK, judging by my post count in this thread, it's pretty obvious that I'm obsessed with this item at the moment. So much so that I found something interesting while doing yet another damage check on my replacement . . . at least something that may be interesting to the .00000000000000001 percent of the population that frequents this board. It didn't occur to me at first, but none of the pictures I've seen, other than the initial pictures from FTC, showed the wave-shaped cutout by Aquaman's knees. In looking very closely at my set, I see that the cutout is indeed there, it just hasn't been separated from the rest of the cardboard. If you look just below the left knee in the attached picture, you'll see the beginning of the cutout that I'm referring to. I'm curious if it was a deliberate choice by FTC to not use this or if it was an oversight at the factory. I actually prefer the look of it the way it is, just thought it was interesting.

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

I noticed that with the sets I had. Looks like there is supposed to be a 'wave' behind where Aquaman is swimming. None of them had that cutout pushed up.

Comment

• gummi
              Career Member
              • Dec 2, 2009

Originally posted by rche
              I noticed that with the sets I had. Looks like there is supposed to be a 'wave' behind where Aquaman is swimming. None of them had that cutout pushed up.
              Seems odd that they would have manufactured this cutout into the box and not use it. Probably just an oversight at the factory. Out of curiosity, were any of the sets that you received what you would consider display-worthy?

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

I had four and the two that would be upside down in shipping needed adjustments. The other two were mostly OK.

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Can the box be opened and adjusted without breaking tape or any kind of seal? I have no problem with it if it's collector friendly, but I'm still waiting on my EE order, and wondering what I'll get.

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

The sides are taped. I put a picture of the tape seal in my review in the FTC thread.

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

Ah, thank you. Well, here's hoping Entertainment Earth does a decent packing job.

Comment

• drogge
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 24, 2009

Any notice the costume differences on Aquaman in this set, looks like a hybrid between the traditional costume and the JLA version.

Comment

• toyman
                          Just Another Collector
                          • Sep 1, 2008

Mine just arrived from EE and it was packed very well and everything in place.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎