X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
    Thanks, I can Pass on to everyone Aquaman and shark is do before Christmas.
    Yes,what we see currently on pre-order on FTC is due out before Christmas...everything else is next year.....Superman series 2 starts 2016.Everything else that has been announced (but not yet shown prototypes) is 2016 product release

Wave 5 66 Batman is next year release,not around Christmas like said

Comment

• wise guy
      Career Member
      • Dec 29, 2014

Thanks for the info Mickey this will make a another cool FTC Christmas gift. For myself it's not about timing to paychecks but more the excitement of getting items
      that I have wanted since the 1970'S. Could you imagine the number of complaints( if this forum was around in 1970's) about Mego Capt America's costume ,
      short Hulk, or Ironman's nose.
      Last edited by wise guy; Oct 17, '15, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• daz71
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2014

haha you got that bang on about cap n hulk i love reading these when everyone is kicking off with each other.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Somewhat true, nostalgia gives Mego a pass that FTC may not receive. Adult collectors' expectations are more exacting and individualized today.

That said, I don't really care at all when things get released; I'm more concerned about scale and quality of detail when they do arrive.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• houseofdracula
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 11, 2011

Originally posted by wise guy
            Could you imagine the number of complaints( if this forum was around in 1970's) about Mego Capt America's costume ,
            short Hulk, or Ironman's nose.
            That's a good point.
            I started collecting the Mego Batman line exactly 40 years ago in 1975.
            I had the vehicles, the Cave and the figures and loved them to death.
            Played with every piece until they basically fell apart.

As time went on, I had wished that the stickers wouldn't fall off so quickly.
            I also wished that the Joker and Penguin's neckties weren't drawn onto the costumes.
            I thought it would be better if the ties could be separate pieces but just assumed that they couldn't be done.
            Same with the gloves, I just figured that the "oven mitts" were the only way they could have gone.
            I mean, in my 7 year old head, I just assumed that the people behind these figures were grownup fans of Batman and that they took the time to make sure that these were made the best possible way that they could be.

I started to really notice that there were many differences between how these looked compared to how the TV show looked and not knowing anything about licenses I couldn't (for the life of me) understand why they would want to model the Cave and the Figures to resemble the comics over the TV show.
            Nevertheless, I played on and enjoyed myself.
            However, I used to imagine in my mind how these figures could look more like the TV show and how much better it would be.

So, here we are, 40 years later.
            FTC releases Batman figures that look like the TV show.
            They've added more characters than I ever imagined as a kid.
            They found a way to add real neckties rather than drawn on versions.
            They've solved the problem of the stickers falling off.
            They even replaced the "oven mitts" with realistic looking gloves.

Obviously, someone at FTC imagined the same things that I imagined as a kid.
            The only difference is, they went ahead and did something about it.

While nothing will ever replace the fun, excitement and adventure that we had with our original Mego's as children, I have to admit that these figures look much better than the Mego figures.
            If we saw these Batman 66 figures in the stores 40 years ago, there would have been MANY crying fits thrown in the store aisles until Mom, Dad, Grandma or whoever agreed to buy us one.

Picture yourself in any given store in 1975 and you go to the Mego section and see characters such as Mr. Freeze, King Tut, The Mad Hatter, Bookworm, Shame or Alfred.
            All looking like the current FTC versions.
            What would your reaction be?

I'm just thankful that I've lived long enough to see these figures produced and that I'm at an age where I don't have to beg my Parents or wait till Christmas to get them.
            The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
            https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• Boywonder0
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 29, 2007

^^^Nice!^^^

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

My childhood reaction to 8" Batman66 would have been joy, and in fact I'm now still very pleased.

And I can give some leeway to FTC detailing as I did for some childhood Megos because we've so many options for tweaking them. Though I'm not sure why customers should have to--is it a GI Joe "razors/razorblades" theory?

But: My reaction to some scale/sculpt issues is the same as when I was 10 or 12 and saw 12" Cap, or Jon and Ponch. "What nice costumes and what weird heads." Now, as then, I can only vote with my wallet. And strive to be optimistic and open-minded about what's on the horizon.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• drogge
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 24, 2009

So for the rest of the year looks like Batman 66 series 5, Superfriends series 1, Aquaman vs shark, Scarecrow, Harley Quinn, and Ms. Marvel. Mostly new never produced figures, now we are treading new ground. I can't imagine anything else will show up this year, with it being almost November. Still, I am very happy with what's coming. Sweet.....

Comment

• Teemu
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by drogge
                    So for the rest of the year looks like Batman 66 series 5, Superfriends series 1, Aquaman vs shark, Scarecrow, Harley Quinn, and Ms. Marvel. Mostly new never produced figures, now we are treading new ground. I can't imagine anything else will show up this year, with it being almost November. Still, I am very happy with what's coming. Sweet.....
                    Batman 66 Wave 5 is coming next year

Comment

• mjaycox
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 16, 2008

Have they mentioned when the Monkees are going to be released? They announced the line, but I haven't seen any mention of release date yet... Did it get scrapped?

Matt
                      Warm up?! We may as well sit around this cigarette!

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by Teemu

I see the post where you stated Aquaman and Shark are not coming out in 2015 as well as anything else for the rest of the year has now been edited to blank. You need to stop making remarks on this board with matter of fact statements. You no nothing about what is coming out and when..

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by mjaycox
                          Have they mentioned when the Monkees are going to be released? They announced the line, but I haven't seen any mention of release date yet... Did it get scrapped?

Matt

No they are coming and soon.Keep an eye out for pre-orders.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 26, 2009

Mickey,

PLEASE tell me 66 Batman Wave 5 will make it in 2015! Need Yvonne Craig as Batgirl and Babs! Nice tribute to her! Want RC Adam and O'Hara, too! Thanks!

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                              Mickey,

PLEASE tell me 66 Batman Wave 5 will make it in 2015! Need Yvonne Craig as Batgirl and Babs! Nice tribute to her! Want RC Adam and O'Hara, too! Thanks!
                              I'll PM ya

Comment

• jeffbearco
                                Persistent Member
                                • Mar 27, 2011

I was hoping to see the Neal Adams Batman wave before Christmas since we have now seen Scarecrow, Commissioner Gordon, and Ras. If they can sneak it in, it will still great Christmas presents!!!

JeffBearCO

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎