Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Good lord, I find the thread crapping and goading each other so silly. Don't like it? Don't buy it. It's a weekly announcement and wait until next week.

I don't need these but I'm happy for those that do, everyone else, put away the rage please, it's silly. Not everyone is cynical, it's fine.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• rodkeith
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 16, 2008

My wallet thanks FTC for not making every single weekly announcement something that I want. There's more than enough room for every taste.
      Last edited by rodkeith; Jul 31, '15, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• Boywonder0
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 29, 2007

Well stated Palitoy!

Comment

• jeffbearco
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2011

I have a weird image in my head now of a Robot Chicken skit where each Kiss member is taking their kids to the park. Demon has kid Demon on his shoulders and they are playing chicken.

Starchild is pushing the kids on the Merry Go Round!

They can work with this!

LOL

JeffBearCO

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
            everyone else, put away the rage please
            What "rage" Brian? I don't see anybody getting violently upset over this...mostly people are just underwhelmed.
            sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by The Bat
              What "rage" Brian? I don't see anybody getting violently upset over this...mostly people are just underwhelmed.
              Please, it's the same scenario every week I'm just getting here early, it goes like this: aggressive complaining by a small outspoken group and then passive aggressive back and forth with anyone who provides an opposing view or is just sort of ok with it. Surely, you've witnessed this.

It's a weekly announcement, sometimes it'll be good, other times it'll be something you are not into. It's not the end of the world, it shouldn't hurt you. Why do we need so many exclamation marks or to bait each other?

Comment

• Mego Milk
                Custom Mego Maker
                • Jun 3, 2007

I think its cool.
                2 new KISS guys.
                the Fox and the Pharaoh guy.

aw yeah.

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Please, it's the same scenario every week I'm just getting here early, aggressive complaining by a small outspoken group and then passive aggressive back and forth with anyone who provides an opposing view.

It's a weekly announcement, sometimes it'll be good other times it'll be something you are not into. It's not the end of the world, it shouldn't hurt you. Why do we need so many exclamation marks or to bait each other?
                  Well, I know you're not talking about me. Sure I express my disappointment(usually in 3 to 4 words) that it's not something I've been hoping for...but I don't attack the Kiss fans. I mostly complain when there's GIANT head sculpt...or just a bad head sculpt. I do that hoping FTC will see it and correct the problem in the Prototype stage.
                  sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by The Bat
                    Well, I know you're not talking about me. .
                    If I was talking to you I would have personally addressed you. I speaking to a much larger issue in general.

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Fair enough.
                      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                        • Jun 16, 2001

It's perfectly normal to convey disappointment in something, that isn't the point I wanted to make. Nobody is saying we have to be positive all the time and we're certainly not going to moderate people to be that way.

I just see a rivalry developing that is really needless and well, childish. It's kid's stuff for sure but we can be grown ups about it.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 6, 2014

I would never expect FTC to provide the MM with 52 announcements a year that will wow me & encite a purchase from me! I'm not into Kiss figures, but some people will be. I, like the Bat, like to express my disappointment when product I'd LOVE to BUY (in multiples) has QC issues & oversized heads/sculpts that kill my excitement. I would not begrudge anyone their excitement over product they like from FTC. I couldn't afford 52 weeks worth of New product that I'd want to buy @ least x2 of. I'm just a complainer when I see new product that kills my desire to "collect them all" in the DC lines. I'm here every week with expectations that I try to keep realistic, trying to stiffle inevitable disappointment.

I also find the goading counterproductive. But it goes both ways. Sometimes those who have complaints or negative opinions of FTC's represention or execution of a highly anticipated product, they get labeled as entitled & chronic complainers who enjoy just complaining. It literally hurts me when I have to list QC problems I have with my FTC figures, as I want these to succeed so very much. At the end of the day the goading is unnecessary & easily preventable, if we would all state our opinions on the FTC announcement or final product, & not state our opinions on other posters' opinions. This has been a Public Service Announcent serving as the "moral" lesson @ the end of an 80s cartoon brought to you by invisiblelad.
                          Last edited by invisiblelad; Jul 31, '15, 1:15 PM.

Comment

• binkystarr
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Apr 16, 2015

Yeah, eeek! I saw this coming back when FTC made the mistake of creating the new KISS lineup as action figures. NO one wants Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer figures and that's because that's just NOT KISS. Not to mention that the Sonic Boom and Monster series were terribly sculpted and painted.

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

I just see a rivalry developing that is really needless and well, childish. It's kid's stuff for sure but we can be grown ups about it.

Yeah, I guess I didn't notice that before Brian. I'm just selfishly waiting for pictures of The Monkees, or Neal Adams Batman & Robin figures. Heck, just a Prototype head sculpt would make me squeal like 8 year old girl at this point. But hey, they did announce the Flash line...that's pretty awesome!
                              sigpic

Comment

• jeffbearco
                                Persistent Member
                                • Mar 27, 2011

I don't have rage. I have humor. Seeing the 2 packs with the 8" and 12" figures did make me think of the Demon with his Demon child! That might make me more inclined to get them just for the oddness of it in an Ambush Bug/Deadpool kinda way.

I doubt I'll get them because KISS really isn't my thing. But I did find it funny.

JeffBearCO

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎