X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by megomania
    And you do such a great job at......nothing. The End!
    Come 'on man, give the guy a break. What's the saying..."don't shoot the messenger." I for one appreciate his "hints."
    sigpic

Comment

• drogge
      Career Member
      • Jul 24, 2009

I like the hints as well, mickeymoose I appreciate all your input.

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
        The figures go up for Pre-order as soon as they are Available. The End!
        Originally posted by thunderbolt
        the carded figures were already trotted out by FTC, seems like the preorders would have come along by now.
        exactly! carded prototypes? production pieces??? where is the pre-order? Are these not already "in production" already???

Comment

• Dayton43
          • Jan 4, 2014

If I remember correctly there were no preorders in the 70's, things just "showed up". That being the case then not knowing when you can buy some figures is a pretty complete retro experience. I'm glad we receive some teasers about upcoming 2015 figures , at least you get an idea of what's coming. Big thanks to you Mickey and FTC as well!

Comment

• jeffbearco
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 27, 2011

I appreciate anything Mickeymoosemego or anyone "in the know" likes to share with us. I like the hints. I really like the weekly news on upcoming figures even if they aren't up for pre-order yet. I would definitely like to see more pre-orders soon. I'd love to see more prototypes. I like knowing what is coming because it builds antici...pation.

To my eyes, it's all good. I assume that FTC and others in the re-mego business do the best they can with what they are given. For the most part, the figures that I have ordered have turned out well. Do I wish that every "new" figure had a fresh new head sculpt? Sure. But I understand and am more forgiving about how things work. I pick and choose the figures that I like. Sometimes other people on here suggest small tweeks that will improve a figure after i get it. Sometimes that even convinces me to buy a figure that I would otherwise skip. I think FTC acknowledges this by giving us clam shells that can be opened so that we can make those tweeks and reseal the packaging. I still think that was one of the best things they could have done given who they are trying to market to.

But I have been customizing figures for years now on my own. I have a decent sized store of spare parts as well as knowing other companies where I can buy additional parts. I also have a sewing machine and know how to use it.

At this point, my biggest suggestion would be for FTC to come out with their own improved female mego body. As a customizer, I could see myself buying several just to replace the bodies on older figures as well as looking forward to new figures coming on the new body. But that is a suggestion and if it never happens, or if it happens down the line, I'm OK with that. Or if Dr Mego does it first, I'm good with that too. To some degree, FTC helps to keep other people like Dr Mego in business by selling figures that can be made better using Dr Mego parts.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Dayton43
              If I remember correctly there were no preorders in the 70's, things just "showed up". That being the case then not knowing when you can buy some figures is a pretty complete retro experience. I'm glad we receive some teasers about upcoming 2015 figures , at least you get an idea of what's coming. Big thanks to you Mickey and FTC as well!
              I know, but today, they have to do preorders to get them in the Diamond Previews, and I'm guessing places like BBTS and EE want preorders to get an idea how much to buy.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• scott metzger
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 9, 2007

THe problem has been with the spacing of the releases; we got a whole lot of new stuff last year, then the pace slowed to a trickle of product, a lot of it just re-dos of existing figures. I understand the need for re-use (it is the mantra of the modern toy industry), but excitement and buzz start dying off when new product isn't even in the offing. We've had a couple pre-orders for actual new merchandise (and some has been fairly impressive and unexpected, like the vans and the Batcave), but we need something in the figures department to re-ignite some passion around here. Even just some prototypes or head sculpts would help do that.

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by scott metzger
                  but we need something in the figures department to re-ignite some passion around here. Even just some prototypes or head sculpts would help do that.

EXACTLY Scott! Just seeing some prototypes of NEW head sculpts would make me happy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎