Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you be interested in modern characters done in the 1966 style?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rlkrefft
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 14, 2010

Originally posted by Toycade
    There are certainly some more characters to choose from the main cast, however, at some point as a retailer I have to ask myself if a 66 style Two-Face who never appeared on the show would be a better choice over a bland Art Carney Archer.
    I guess it would be ok, but there are still some major real show villains I would rather see. All 3 Catwomen, all 3 Mr. Freeze, John as Riddler, False Face, Olga, Siren, Clock King, Louie and Black Widow at least. I think if they make the Poison Ivy they show on the card back of Batman Wave 3 or the upcoming Scarecrow these should work without making new figures as they both appear to be silver age versions. Two Face used in the '66 comic was awful looking. He looked more like Batman Forever Two Face. I doubt that was how he ever would have looked on the show. Joker, Penguin and Riddler were based on golden age designs, I am sure Two Face would have been as well. I personally wouldn't buy a Two Face based on that '66 comic.

Comment

• wise guy
      Career Member
      • Dec 29, 2014

If a charector never appeared on the Batman 66 show how would they know how it would look? They should stick to the show and finish Batgirl ,and the
      Catwomen first, and than maybe. Who's face would be Superman since all 66 are based on actors ?

Comment

• Toycade
        Museum Super Collector
        • Jul 8, 2014

Please see the link provided above.

Comment

• madmarva
          Talkative Member
          • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by ovenmitt
          Curt Swan Superman
          Ross Andru Wonder Woman
          Carmine Infantino Flash
          Gil Kane Green Lantern
          Joe Kubert Hawkman
          Jim Mooney Supergirl
          Jim Aparo Aquaman
          Nick Cardy Teen Titans
          Dick Dillin JLA remaining members
          This works for me.

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

There are certainly some more characters to choose from the main cast, however, at some point as a retailer I have to ask myself if a 66 style Two-Face who never appeared on the show would be a better choice over a bland Art Carney Archer.
            I'd buy three Archer's maybe more. One to have the character for the 66 line, the others to customize into a Robin Hood and Prince Baron from Flash Gordon.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 3, 2009

Originally posted by wise guy
              If a charector never appeared on the Batman 66 show how would they know how it would look? They should stick to the show and finish Batgirl ,and the
              Catwomen first, and than maybe. Who's face would be Superman since all 66 are based on actors ?
              how about bob holiday ,who played superman back in 1966 ,and looked great doing it ,

shame he couldnt guest star on bats show back then ,maybe he could guest star in bats 66 figure line
              Last edited by libby 1957dog; Jun 18, '15, 3:10 PM.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 3, 2009

Comment

• houseofdracula
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 11, 2011

at some point as a retailer I have to ask myself if a 66 style Two-Face who never appeared on the show would be a better choice over a bland Art Carney Archer.
                  I've been faithful with buying all of the waves in the 66 series but if they start making up characters that never appeared on the show, I'll pass on those.
                  I hope that FTC doesn't ruin the 66 line by doing this.
                  How can we take a DC comic book artists interpolation as gospel of what the characters would have looked like on the show?
                  We can't!
                  For starters, we don't even know what actors or actresses would have played the parts.
                  The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                  https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I don't mind the comic doing extrapolations, particularly since some likeness rights are unavailable. It's interpretation of Black Widow was engaging yet far-removed from Bankhead's portrayal.

Could FTC be do new, non televised characters based on the '66 comic's designs?
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Toycade
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jul 8, 2014

The entire DC catalog is open to them whereas the entire catalog of characters who performed in the show is not. I am not suggesting that these new characters replace the current line, but instead are thrown in as an effort to extend the life of the line. As a fan and retailer, I am simply not interested in the inevitable King Tut in Dinner Jacket figure in 2017.

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

I'd rather they bring in Isis, considering that she teamed up with Captain Marvel on the T.V. show. They actually sculpted the Joanna Cameron head for the doll, but it was never used. It was a lot prettier than the bland baby doll head we got.

I'd like to see a more modern Isis, as well as the classic one. Along with Black Adam (please dear GOD use a better sculpt than what we got! That thing was UGLY!), Osiris, Thoth, etc.
                        JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

I'd be all over more heroes and villains made in the same style as the 66 figures. Its probably the only way they would get me to buy other DC figures. The retro Mego style ones just don't do it for me anymore.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jeffbearco
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 27, 2011

Green Arrow during that timeframe had a distinctive look. Green short sleeved shirt and leggings with red foldover boots and red gloves. And Speedy could definitely be updated as well from the Teen Titans line. Speedy would need to be 8" scale to match the 66 Robin and with red leggings instead of flesh.

Both would be easy enough to produce.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• scott metzger
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 9, 2007

That's a very valid point. One has to wonder what more folks would want: Lord Fogg or Solomon Grundy? Even as someone who grew up on the show, there are some villains I would consider eminently forgettable.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

IMO sometimes the casting hurt the characters: Rennie as Dr. Somnabula, Vallee as Ffogg, Carney as Archer. Even Black Widow (whom I like) draws fire. Minerva was terrible. So was Killer Moth in the Batgirl pilot.

In the late '70s, DC did some playful, decent re-workings of TV foes: King Tut became Maxie Zeus, Ma Parker became Ma Murder. And the '66 comic has done a sometimes great job of "spinning" characters.

Just as in the B: B&TB cartoon's universe, I think FTC could do tv-inspired line extensions. The problem is, what source of inspiration? Just look at all the great suggestions we've had in another thread for fantasy casting of Batman'66.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎