Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimP
    • Jul 14, 2015

Originally posted by Mechanicat
    Is it just me or do all the heads look warped? Very obvious on Aqu, Bats and Sup. They seem to slant inward to the neck from the temples. The paint is bad too. It over accentuates the 70's sideburns and close hairlines. ... That rough Aquaman neck joint.\! (Yikes) They need to work harder on keeping the good parts of our old megos and dropping the bad.

Comment

• jeffbearco
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2011

My biggest disappointment with the JLA figures seems to be Captain Marvel's cape. It was originally shown with yellow trim. That didn't make it to production. That took a "must have" figure - set of figures to a "skip" set for me.

JeffBearCO
      Last edited by jeffbearco; Jul 31, '15, 8:22 AM.

Comment

• wise guy
        Career Member
        • Dec 29, 2014

The neck plugs are a little loose but none of mine are warped looking and I have 3 of each. Bad pics like that can make anything look bad

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

On the two Aquaman's that I have bought -- Fist Fighters and JLA -- the next plug has been rough. Must be in the mold now. I swapped the FF Aquaman onto a Type-S body and it fit perfectly, hiding the rough spots.

I don't recall any of my JLA heads being warped. Maybe it's just the angle of the photo with Batman being in the background?

I wish FTC did not drop the trim from Captain Marvel's cape too, but I think the rest is so much better than the CM Repro that I swapped it out for the JLA version. I am a fan of the huge lightning bolt and I love the boots.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
            Career Member
            • Apr 30, 2015

I've checked my JLA figures and compared them with your photo and mine look just fine. Having said that though, I can see where you're coming from with your Batman, but all the rest look OK to me. Try taking a closer, side/square on photo of the figure from the shoulders up and see how it looks.

Comment

• comicmike
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 22, 2009

when i do not like the look of where one of my FTC heads meets the neck hole (ie, Mechanicat's JLA Aquaman pic), i boil up the FTC head, remove it, and add a small black rubber washer within the neck's indentation. I did that with my JLA Batman and JLA Green Arrow. Using the Aquaman picture as an example, IMO, the neck plug looks a bit loose regarding the height of indentation (too generous where neck inserts into the neck hole). A skinnier rubber washer builds up the space, and when added after the head is boiled to pop the neck back into the figure, the washer hides under the neck hole, with a tighter neck plu finish.

If I think the head looks warped, I reshape it by wrapping the softend head up with criss-crosses of Scotch tape from shoulder to shoulder, and chest to back, crossing at the top of the head, and place the figure in the freezer overnight. A day later, I let it thaw at room temperature for another day, and remove the tape. I let it sit a day or so (and I might guess it could be potentially reshaped carefully with a hairdryer, if the head now looks too flattened in height, and a person wanted to try paiently with it). I was never happy with my elongated FTC Robin heads, so i reshaped one of my Robins this way about six-months ago, and ii now looks more like the origial Mego Robin head shape. It has still held the new shape.
              Last edited by comicmike; Jul 31, '15, 9:08 PM.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by TRDouble
                On the two Aquaman's that I have bought -- Fist Fighters and JLA -- the next plug has been rough. Must be in the mold now. I swapped the FF Aquaman onto a Type-S body and it fit perfectly, hiding the rough spots.

I don't recall any of my JLA heads being warped. Maybe it's just the angle of the photo with Batman being in the background?

I wish FTC did not drop the trim from Captain Marvel's cape too, but I think the rest is so much better than the CM Repro that I swapped it out for the JLA version. I am a fan of the huge lightning bolt and I love the boots.
                FTC didn't drop the trim. It was a factory issue. No one Yelled louder than me over this. It would have looked fantastic.

Comment

• megomania
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jan 2, 2010

The moose is on the loose!

Comment

• megomania
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
                    FTC didn't drop the trim. It was a factory issue. No one Yelled louder than me over this. It would have looked fantastic.
                    Well, if anyone can yell loud but actually say nothing it's you. #whenmmmspeaksnoonelistens

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 11, 2014

Actually it looks like your always listening. The Loyal opposition always hard at work!

Comment

• amby87
                        • Nov 21, 2009

I can actually see a very thin strip of yellow trim around the edges of my Shazam's cape in places. I'm thinking the yellow was there but the factory cut most of it off during production. Just an uneducated guess on my part.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 27, 2011

Do you think the Captain Marvel capes will be fixed in a later re-incarnation?

Will Mary and CM Jr have the trim? And will the correct cape be available later through CTVT?

Or should people just take a highlighter to it?

I also hoping that CM Jr comes with a red cape with yellow trim.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• ovenmitt
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 26, 2009

I hope Shazam wave at least has yellow trim and tassels!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I think you mean a florette . And yes, the trim needs remedied for the future Marvel Family releases--Mattel got that detail right.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                                Career Member
                                • Apr 30, 2015

Does anyone know who's likely to be announced for series two?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎