Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wise guy
    Career Member
    • Dec 29, 2014

I hope they upgrade remego Aquaman's black trunks on these because the 2pack Aquaman has the original black trunks made out of similar material to the capes .
    Mego switched his trunks to cloth like the rest of costume so they were 'nt so fragile.The Justice League Aquaman looks to have green trunks made of cloth like the leggings. Those first series megos trunks would rip pretty easy . I hate torn costumes .

Comment

• mav-man
      • Dec 9, 2007

Does anyone know if the female figures neck issue is going to be fixed with these ones?

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by TRDouble
        I love the cards and this is the first set of cards I would consider getting just for the cards.
        Same here! I was going to pass on Aquaman & Green Arrow...but these Kresge cards just tipped the scale. I'm now going to buy them.
        sigpic

Comment

• invisiblelad
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by scott metzger
          Except for the boots, that's what we're getting. Been kind of surprised at the lack of excitement for the "original" Mxy being released; guess the oversized imp was overshadowed by Sivana. These two are the only ones I'm getting from the set because they are the only ones different from the previous releases.
          ^ Hey Scott, what I meant was that I think the FTC FAT body seems to tall to me. I feel Penguin would be perfect IF he didn't seem so long "legged" & tall. It seems like my childhood Penguin & Mxyzptlk were not so tall. Can anyone verify if MEGO Penguin is shorter than FTC's repro Penguin? I was hoping if FTC was going to do re-issues of Penguin (like the Kresege Card) or a Mego repro taller Mr. Mxy, they would be on the shorter FAT body. I know they may still have some shorter FAT bodies on the CTVT site, but those are India produced bodies. So I guess I was just hoping that FTC would make China made Short/FAT bodies & use them on Pengy & Mxy!

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by scott metzger
            Except for the boots, that's what we're getting. Been kind of surprised at the lack of excitement for the "original" Mxy being released; guess the oversized imp was overshadowed by Sivana. These two are the only ones I'm getting from the set because they are the only ones different from the previous releases.
            I dunno----it's: Shazam's biggest arch-rival first time release in this format vs. THE most unsuccessful (and also a very common) WGSH Mego who, in addition, was already recently released on a more size-appropriate body.----not too surprising IMHO
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• dr_cyclops
              One eyed, wonder
              • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by invisiblelad
              ^ Hey Scott, what I meant was that I think the FTC FAT body seems to tall to me. I feel Penguin would be perfect IF he didn't seem so long "legged" & tall. It seems like my childhood Penguin & Mxyzptlk were not so tall. Can anyone verify if MEGO Penguin is shorter than FTC's repro Penguin? I was hoping if FTC was going to do re-issues of Penguin (like the Kresege Card) or a Mego repro taller Mr. Mxy, they would be on the shorter FAT body. I know they may still have some shorter FAT bodies on the CTVT site, but those are India produced bodies. So I guess I was just hoping that FTC would make China made Short/FAT bodies & use them on Pengy & Mxy!
              From what I have purchased and used in cutom projects, Mego did two types of Fat torso. One short, and another one tall. The short version was used on Penguin and Mxyzptlk. I've only found the taller fat torso on the Mego, Wizard of OZ. CTVT's India production did a version based off the short torso. FTC's current China produced fat male is based off the taller fat torso. The taller torso allowed some characters to be fat, without losing height, in the 8 inch scale. This information, help with my custom Doc Ock. I was going to use a CTVT's repro body and realized how much shorter he would be to the other characters.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                From what I have purchased and used in cutom projects, Mego did two types of Fat torso. One short, and another one tall. The short version was used on Penguin and Mxyzptlk. I've only found the taller fat torso on the Mego, Wizard of OZ. CTVT's India production did a version based off the short torso. FTC's current China produced fat male is based off the taller fat torso. The taller torso allowed some characters to be fat, without losing height, in the 8 inch scale. This information, help with my custom Doc Ock. I was going to use a CTVT's repro body and realized how much shorter he would be to the other characters.
                Thank You Sir! That's exactly what I thought! FTC Penguin in way too leggy & tall! Hoping they would correct that w/ any re-issue of Pengy or a true Mego repo Mxy! Guess it's not I the cards though :(

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                  Career Member
                  • Apr 30, 2015

Before I take the plunge on these, will Batman & Robin make wave 3?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Boy_Wonder_1978
                    Before I take the plunge on these, will Batman & Robin make wave 3?
                    with how much they love to rehash Batman, I'm surprised he isn't in every wave.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                      Career Member
                      • Apr 30, 2015

Point taken. Only reason I ask is that I'm pretty new to collecting the FTC stuff and missed the series one Batman figures and really want Batman & Robin.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

wave three was posted at BBTS then pulled down, I believe it was B&R, Harley, Scarecrow, Joker and Mary Marvel. Sorry for the sarcasm, but I am getting really tired of seeing regurgitations of the same characters over and over and very little new ground getting covered by them in the WGSH line.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                          Career Member
                          • Apr 30, 2015

It's no problem. I found it quite funny.

I completely understand where you're coming from. Even as a newcomer I've noticed how repetitive they are. Noticed a few members here that are getting ticked of with it, which is even more understandable.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

and 6 months later still no 66 wave 4.

Comment

• captact
                              King of Super Queens!
                              • Aug 19, 2007

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                              Kresge on FTC

I am only getting the Dr. Sivana from this lineup.
                              Me too monitor ep!!!!!!

Comment

• houseofdracula
                                Veteran Member
                                • Nov 11, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                                and 6 months later still no 66 wave 4.
                                I know your pain.
                                The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                                https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎