Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffbearco
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2011

I'm still holding out hope that we will see Green Arrow's foe, Merlyn. And a Deathstroke figure would go against Green Arrow and the Teen Titans.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• lilbrosj66
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 4, 2011

Thank you FTC! This set is a home run. Who ever thought we'd get these characters? Not me, that's for sure. Now, just keep this train moving, shall we? I am reserving space for quite a few more figures that we haven't seen yet! Bring 'em on!

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by jayraytee
        I would like to see the super hero roster expanded and less repackaged versions of the core 5 or six heroes and less civilians. Maybe it's just me, but when I dreamed of Mego rising from the ashes thats what I wanted to see... Flash, Green Lanturn, Hawkman, etc. etc. I never once thought, 'Oh I wish I had Jimmy Olsen or an 18" Batman.' I realize people will say, oh...wait for it... we will see Flash, etc. But there are tons of heroes to make. I just don't want a situation where in a few years when the license ends we look back and say, wow.. a million versions of Batman and Superman.. but Dr. Fate or fill in the blank was never made. I mean if you had access to the entire DC roster and you knew you had a limited number of years to make Mego figures, how far down your list would be Jimmy Olsen or Perry White?
        Total agreement, but it's their business model. Marva may be right in that it's a production issue, I tend to believe they're holding out and want to ride the BvS/Justice League licensing wave that will come next year.

We're talking about action figures, Perry White is as far from action-oriented as you can get, and for the first time - in history - WB has finally gotten a DC character out of the shadow of the big three and found success, with Flash. This is a total "Iron's hot, strike it" moment. I mean, the success of WGSH was built on piggybacking SuperFriends.

But I get the main concern. I can be positive if I assume constant new announcements, which means a market flood in one year unlike anytime in the last 40 years, but it's hard to believe the market can handle such a burst unless these lines are incredibly limited, and that contradicts everything I've read about production quantities.

Maybe FTC did square the circle and made a deal where guaranteed mass volume negates the need for x amount of thousand of pieces. Or perhaps the volume of bodies offsets the amount of new head molds needed for minimum production. That would be amazing.

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

I don't understand the complaints about less heroes. We're getting more heroes with the Kresge style cards. And bad guys as well.

Comment

• megomania
            Persistent Member
            • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by jwyblejr
            I don't understand the complaints about less heroes. We're getting more heroes with the Kresge style cards. And bad guys as well.
            Or the same heroes just packaged differently?

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Hmmm. I thought Superboy was supposed to be in this series, not Perry White?

No complaints. Glad to get Perry and maybe Superboy will instead anchor a LOSh series.

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by megomania
                Or the same heroes just packaged differently?
                Both! But it is getting harder to pre-order individual figures anywhere but FTC's website.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 4, 2011

Is that a modified Korak head on Jimmy?

Comment

• jacoblb
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2009

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
                    Is that a modified Korak head on Jimmy?
                    It's interesting you state that because IIRC someone, I think, on the MM board--probably on the FTC Tarzan (family) review--may have suggested that was going to be the case. I'm not sure, but I thought someone had mentioned Tarzan's son was going to be a likely candidate for some repurpose or other.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

not interested in these personally but cool for the people who want them

Comment

• Teemu
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 15, 2010

Wants some 66 Batman wave 4 and 5 News

Comment

• ovenmitt
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 26, 2009

I hope Teen Titans Series 2 is announced next Friday March 27! 8" Nightwing, Starfire, Cyborg, and Raven! 7" Robin, too!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

*Kresge-style cards: like a lot

*Superman Wave 2: love 'em

* Dr. Sivana: Meh. This is a custom Mego I've wanted for so long, but I feel FTC has dropped the ball in the tailoring, the over-large Kiss shoes, & especially the head sculpt, which is far from either a classic version or a C.C. Beck look. Sivana's leering overbite is as distinctive as the Penguin's nose; disappointing that it's missing.

To be honest, I've similar misgivings about the grinning Scarecrow prototype. I wish the new foes, Bizarro included, where more on-model.
                            Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 20, '15, 7:06 PM.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

^ It appears that FTC's Sivana sculpt & card art is directly from a JGL model sheet.

Mea culpa, but I'm still disappointed.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• WAV
                                • Jul 31, 2009

I'm really looking forward to displaying Clark alongside my FTC Secret ID Bruce and Dick. Just wondering if I should buy all the parts for making Clark off of FTC's site now instead of waiting until wave 2 is released in the summer. I don't need the packaging. Will there be any difference between the wave 2 Clark and the figure and clothing parts that are available on the site now? Really just want something that is as close to the original Mego Secret ID Clark as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎