X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by firestarcomics
    I love Wonder Woman but I NEVER understood WHY Mego thought it would be a great idea to put ANY Wonder Woman or female superhero in a pajama onesie type outfit? I know it was the early 70s but COME ON baby!!!! The printed tattoo tiara on poor Wonder Woman's forehead is just disturbing and someone once asked me, "WHY would anyone tattoo a tiara on her head instead of just making one for her to wear?" I always see Supergirl at my retail work place and the stocking part of her legs is just too darn BIG so, they look like a 7yr old girl wearing grandma's stockings???? Why not just skip ALL the onesies and actually do an actual swimsuit style outfit that's actually ACCURATE?!!! IF FTC can go out of their way to do pinstripe suits then what's the problem with a swimsuit for Wonder Woman and a proper set of boots, tiara and bracelets? In the meantime, Wonder Woman remains trapped in an ill fitting costume onesie,tattooed head and those weird little boots that are the wrong scale with the red peaks printed on the onesie!!!!! That poor Mego doll deserved so much better than this. Im just weeping over poor Wonder Woman. TEARS
    I feel your pain....

Comment

• wise guy
      Career Member
      • Dec 29, 2014

It's too bad that they don't have a Lynda Carter version it would look good next my 66 Batman. The Mattel version they did a few years ago stands out
      as the best figure in that series maybe FTC can look at that one for ideas. I'm sure Farrow could do a Lynda Carter sculpt better than that 12" Wonderwoman that mego did

Comment

• jeffbearco
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 27, 2011

I am betting that Wonder Woman's new costume is going to be the basis for the bathing suit used by Starfire. I'm guessing it will be a one piece similar to what they have out there to use for Cyborg.

And I'm actually OK with this. How else can they make a Starfire outfit that fits and doesn't fall off without doing some printing of flesh tones on the fabric. I can see that as the basis for an improved Wonder Woman figure as well. The lines are very similar. I can also see those lines used for a Black Canary figure with a leather jacket over it. I can see in all 3 cases that it may need a belt to make it fit well in the waist.

I just hope they keep is sleeveless and make the bracelets separate. That would make it more detailed for customization for other figures. Otherwise they are just rehashing the current Supergirl outfit. If they do that, I hope they at least make it fit better!

JeffBearCO
        Last edited by jeffbearco; Mar 3, '15, 1:53 PM.

Comment

• rjm118
          Museum Super Collector
          • Apr 25, 2012

I hope the quality is better on Wonder Woman this time around.

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

FTC has always been heavy on the "sizzle"---while producing serviceable "steak". And now they are in league with Mego Museum---and now they have both agreed to produce a steady stream of "announcements".

Will the free advertising be worth exponentially exposing FTC's more "smoke & mirror-y" side?

It's only been a few weeks, and it's already been pretty entertaining.
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• trevor22a
              • Sep 1, 2011

Originally posted by wise guy
              It's too bad that they don't have a Lynda Carter version it would look good next my 66 Batman. The Mattel version they did a few years ago stands out
              as the best figure in that series maybe FTC can look at that one for ideas. I'm sure Farrow could do a Lynda Carter sculpt better than that 12" Wonder Woman that mego did
              Apparently there's a a very good Lynda Carter sculpt on the old Mego 12" Wonder Woman. The generic paint job doesn't bring it out. From a guy who sells customs on Ebay regularly:

Comment

• jeffbearco
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 27, 2011

That is a great looking figure!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• megonaught
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 29, 2008

I may have missed it but is there a release date for these?
                  Action Jackson is his name.
                  Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• megonaught
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 29, 2008

Just spoke to Figures.
                    They said these will be up within two weeks.
                    Action Jackson is his name.
                    Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

The revamped JL figures are something I will likely pass on myself; just not enough differences to make me really want to pay for full figures. I might have considered just the costumes had they been sold separately. But I do understand the reason for this; the changes are minimal, and no new tooling/molds are needed for any of the parts. It's much like NECA's sub-line of video game versions of figures they've already made, which allows them to sell more figures using existing tooling. That leaves them with more resources to put into tooling for other things, and helps keep prices down a bit on the finished product. Sell two sets from the same set of molds, take the money you saved on tooling for the second set, and use that for new tooling for other lines you might not have been able to make otherwise.

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

Since FTC came back with DC Alter Egos like Wayne, Grayson, and Kent in the series 2 wave Superman, and at some point
                        down the line prehaps a Barbara Gordon, how about a Diana Prince?

Comment

• jeffbearco
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 27, 2011

First thing would be to re-sculpt the Wonder Woman head to make it a LOT more realistic. Or even just use the dark haired Invisible Girl head and fix the eyes.

Then decide what civilian or military clothes they want to put her in.

Again, the Raven dress would work in a variety of colors. I'd prefer the dress blue Navy outfit.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• comicmike
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by trevor22a
                            Apparently there's a a very good Lynda Carter sculpt on the old Mego 12" Wonder Woman.
                            Originally posted by jeffbearco
                            First thing would be to re-sculpt the Wonder Woman head to make it a LOT more realistic. Or even just use the dark haired Invisible Girl head and fix the eyes. JeffBearCO
                            IMO, the Black-haired IG head'd be great! After all, the 8" Daisy Duke is indeed the same sculpt as the 12" WW

Comment

• jeffbearco
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 27, 2011

Wonder Woman is definitely one of the figures to watch. It seems to come up a LOT!

JeffBearCO

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎