Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Boywonder0
    ^^^Hahahaha! Well stated! I'll rather have the big noggin Gordon figure than the non produced, non manufactured Gordon figure with perfectly scaled head...^^^
    Bingo

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

You guys are great customers!

I refuse to buy something I don't like just because it exists. Why would FTC bother to fix anything if so many people are willing to buy it no matter what?
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
        You guys are great customers!

I refuse to buy something I don't like just because it exists. Why would FTC bother to fix anything if so many people are willing to buy it no matter what?
        Who said they were buying a figure they don't like?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
          Who said they were buying a figure they don't like?
          HAHA! I forgot, you blocked Invisiblelad!

But besides that, saying "well, it has a big head but I'm buying it anyway" is not exactly a four-star review.

Comment

• Mego Milk
            Custom Mego Maker
            • Jun 3, 2007

CHiPs had big heads too.
            they're keeping tradition.

HA!

yep. they should shrink their heads a little.
            just to the size of Superman Mego Head. then all will be fine in our MEGO Universe.

still.

gonna display him with his coat open wide.
            this way he will just look short.

aw. yeah. collecting.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

HAHA! I forgot, you blocked Invisiblelad!

But besides that, saying "well, it has a big head but I'm buying it anyway" is not exactly a four-star review.
              Or it could be a way of admitting it has a big head to the people that go in a ditch about that, but pointing out that it didn't alter their decision to purchase the figure.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Mego Milk
                CHiPs had big heads too.
                they're keeping tradition.

HA!

yep. they should shrink their heads a little.
                just to the size of Superman Mego Head. then all will be fine in our MEGO Universe.

still.

gonna display him with his coat open wide.
                this way he will just look short.

aw. yeah. collecting.
                Did Gordon have a gun holster under his overcoat? I saw that CTVT sells several on its website, was hoping Jim would come with one.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

Or it could be a way of admitting it has a big head to the people that go in a ditch about that, but pointing out that it didn't alter their decision to purchase the figure.
                  Hey, who is anyone to say? Buy whatever you want.

All I know is, if I was FTC and I saw all these people saying they were going to buy it anyway, I wouldn't bother changing anything.

Comment

• pmwasson
                    Maker
                    • Sep 12, 2007

Did Gordon have a gun holster under his overcoat? I saw that CTVT sells several on its website, was hoping Jim would come with one.
                    The early-bird version does not come with a gun or holster. I may try adding one to see how it looks. Perhaps FTC will add that for the final production?
                    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Hey, who is anyone to say? Buy whatever you want.

All I know is, if I was FTC and I saw all these people saying they were going to buy it anyway, I wouldn't bother changing anything.
                      So do you want FTC to listen to its customers, or just the customers that hate the big heads?

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by pmwasson
                        The early-bird version does not come with a gun or holster. I may try adding one to see how it looks. Perhaps FTC will add that for the final production?
                        Thanks, I think CTVT.com has a couple of 'detective-style' gun holsters, thought FTC might use one of those. Depending on how bulky they are, could be an easy add-on.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                          Often invisible
                          • Jul 18, 2002

So do you want FTC to listen to its customers, or just the customers that hate the big heads?
                          They should listen to all of their customers, of course.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

They should listen to all of their customers, of course.
                            Bingo. And since the 'I hate them damn big heads and aint buyin' another one till FTC fixes it' crowd seems to be in the minority....

And BTW, before any of those posters start throwing their big-headed Alfreds at the screen, I'm not saying your criticism isn't valid, of course to you it's extremely valid. But it might not be as valid to FTC. Personally, I want FTC to go back to card designs that have the Mego-style headshots like we saw on one of the Wonder Woman figures. I *really* want that. But I can also see that this doesn't appear to be a big issue for many collectors, so I accept that it likely won't change, at least if customer feedback is any indicator.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

Bingo. And since the 'I hate them damn big heads and aint buyin' another one till FTC fixes it' crowd seems to be in the minority....

And BTW, before any of those posters start throwing their big-headed Alfreds at the screen, I'm not saying your criticism isn't valid, of course to you it's extremely valid. But it might not be as valid to FTC. Personally, I want FTC to go back to card designs that have the Mego-style headshots like we saw on one of the Wonder Woman figures. I *really* want that. But I can also see that this doesn't appear to be a big issue for many collectors, so I accept that it likely won't change, at least if customer feedback is any indicator.
                              Well, good. I'm glad that's setteled.

Comment

• hedrap
                                Permanent Member
                                • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by scott metzger
                                ...this is becoming a chronic problem I see no solid evidence is being addressed. For me, it means FTC gets one sale when they would have gotten multiple sales for a figure with a normal head. Same with Solomon Kane; the head sculpt is great, the dour expression would fit a lot of characters, and I would have bought a few, at least, for custom fodder if it was the right size. Gordon has similar potential, as a well done older man. So this is a major factor in my own purchasing, and a big problem from my viewpoint.
                                Exactly. Exactly. Exactly. Sometimes, like Demonic Devil and Grim Reaper, it's perfect. But the majority of the time, it's way off.

It used to only be a female head problem. Where Mrs C in Happy Days was great and the Munster women were acceptable, Married with Children got out of control and Space:1999 was a total QC collapse. And now, it's spread to male heads, which I expected with the Howard line because they were flocked. I could excuse Alfred as the Cushing 1999 head had an over-enlarged cranium, because it appears someone in the chain is using bald pre-flocked heads as a base.

But Gordon is sculpted hair. When I first saw Kora I thought QC had finally kicked in for originals. Then I got a good look at Bizarro. So we know Ras is not going to be correct either. And none of this makes much sense when Batman '66 and, (from what I can see online), KISS have much better scale issues.

You're right about sales. Gordon makes a great Gen Ross stand-in. Kull or Kane would work as Dracula.

It's not just uniformity with older Megos. Over enlarged heads make them look cartoonish and more doll-like than action figure. The disproprotion moves them closer to Monster High than NECA.

If the upcoming EMCE/DST suffer from the same issues, then we'll know it's the factories or rubber in use. I say that because Doc, like CAWZica just showed, they acknowledge Quality Control. If FTC did that, a lot of the complaints would subside.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎