Career Member
    • May 27, 2011

The back of the 2 pack...
    Attached Files
    My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
      • Feb 27, 2014

The suits on the FTC bodies tend to be a bit too baggy, on the Type S bodies they are a bit too tight. Original Mego bodies are just right.

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

I'm really looking forward to that Captain Marvel wave shown on the back!
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Hope Jimmy Olsen and Cap Jr end up on teen bodies.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ZombieJimC
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 12, 2014

Im curious to see how they handle Hawkman.

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by invisiblelad
              Hey KLAATU, I'm happy to hear that you rec'd your 2-packs! If you decide to take some pics, I'd be interested in seeing them! Also, I was wondering this about people collecting the DC 2-packs, are you keeping them MIB or opening them? Did FTC send you extra zip ties because you had to fix/adjust other figures & want to seal them back up? I finally found a way to open my FTC figures w/ out cutting the zip tie. I didn't have much luck w/ the little screwdriver, so I use a $1 store razor blade/exacto knife wannabe to do it & it's worked everytime, although it sometimes leaves a little cut/slash on the inside of the locked mechanism of the zip tie. Well enjoy your new figs!
              Got mine today with the extra zip ties, as well. They were just kind of flopping around inside the bubbles; they aren't tied down to the inner plastic as past figures were. Not a problem for a loose collector, but I can see MOC folks being upset. As for the new figures:
              Aquaman: good job except for some really wierd eyes; the way the eyes and brows are painted remind me of the old, frightened look on Captain Action. Way off from the original, and really odd looking.
              Shazam: pretty much spot on, although the shiny red material is a lot different from the old one. Doesn't look bad on him, though.
              Green Arrow: again, spot on, with one little change: his hands are not standard, but gloved (I think they are from the '66 Joker). It actually works quite nicely, especially with the right hand having the finger extended a bit, which gives it a good "ready to pull the string" pose.

Also my first Supes and Supergirl; both of my Supes seemed to have a slightly squashed head that makes his eyes look crooked. I think I can fix them with some heat and cool action; I hope so, because the main reason for getting an extra was for custom use, meaning I really want to be able to use the head.

I'm really thinking they are starting to rush these out too fast, and it's having a noticeable effect on the quality of the figures. I'd rather see them take more time to make sure things are done right.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 6, 2014

^^^ I'd take quality over rushed out fast Quantity any Day my friend! Any chance of you taking pics of all your new FTC figs? I also though AQUAMAN looked weird in the FF proto looks terrible pics! I think Supes eyes are a little buggy & hope they are not all painted crooked like AQUA LAD! Also, why oh why FTC did you use PLACK printing on the back of Supes neck? looks terrible IMHO!

Comment

• Brown Bear
                  Still Old School
                  • Feb 14, 2008

We need some cheese to go with some of these posts.
                  Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                    We need some cheese to go with some of these posts.
                    The Spiderman 3-pack is priced at about double what it's worth to me. So I won't buy it. To me that made more sense than spending double what I wanted to for it, then coming here and complaining every day about how EMCE makes products that are overpriced.

Just not sure why some people here are torturing themselves by continually buying products they don't like and that they feel are terrible and defective, then running here to tell us all about it. Logic says stop engaging in behavior that upsets you.

Waiting for ducks to march in the park...

Comment

• invisiblelad
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 6, 2014

^^^ Maybe we buy the products because we are hoping our continued support will give FTC the time they need to start perfecting their figures. I LOVE my FTC WGSH so far, but wave 1 had crap bodies that were worthless actually. Wave 2 was great loved all 4 figures. Wave three, loved how Batman & Robin looked. Loved Alfred's clothes, HATED the BIG HEAD. Batgirl could of been a perfect copy, but all had bad defective bodies. The Superman costume looks superior to mego's. The Super Gals are ok, but if I have to buy replacement bodies to fix FTC's Super Gals, they will not be worth it. I have no idea why people get so defensive over complaining. Think about it, the passionate customers want the best products possible, key word CUSTOMERS. I bet you anything the sales of all the people here & on facebook that complain equal the number of the happy to get anything crowd. We are BOTH needed to keep this line going. Maybe we vent hoping FTC will start hitting all homeruns instead of striking out every 4th figure. If you don't like complaining, don't read them.

In my case I preordered, so all my figures were already bought before I knew of some of the existing problems. Once my love for these FTC re-Megos becomes LESS than the aggravation I feel due to problems FTC has (& I believe is addressing), then I'll stop buying. But I don't need someone telling me what I should stop buying, or what I should or should not complain about. I have many other things going on, & these FTC mego-likes are the most excited I've been about toys in a long time (well since MOTUC & JLU). I am a GREAT costumer, so I reserve the right to criticize as long as I'm paying for the product. Some people LOVE to complain about complainers.

What's more sad, complaining about FTC, a company you want to see succeed & Toys you PAID good money for, or complaining about people complaining about the toys you love????.
                      Last edited by invisiblelad; Sep 28, '14, 1:05 PM.

Comment

• jayraytee
                        Career Member
                        • May 27, 2011

The fault would lay more on the consumer if they bought them in the store and looked at the figures and then paid for them and then complained. But this is a situation where they show a photo of what the product is supposed to look like, you order and they charge you, then eventually they send something that doesn't look as good as what you saw when you ordered. So the blame is on FTC.

The fact is FTC was handed the ball with the DC license and they have dropped the ball quite a bit; head size issues, female neck issues, superman's lame cape issue (according to player's complaining), the charging before they have the product to ship issue, occassionally shipping products missing parts, the too tightly strung body issue/broken arm issue, and now higher priced exclusives that are obviously thrown toegther.

People complain because they have waited years for this product, and they would like to see someone handle it right. It's great to announced and have intentions for lots of characters, but you have to deliver a product worth what you charge people.

I think one thing that exasperates the issues is when you have a self appointed FTC policeman who jumps on and criticizes everyone else when they raise issues, but then drops his own complaints as if he is above the laws he lays down for everyone else. It creates a more ongoing argument over the issues due to that person's behavior, the result is FTC is going to look worse than if he would just get off people's back.
                        Last edited by jayraytee; Sep 28, '14, 9:58 AM.
                        My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by invisiblelad
                          ^^^ Maybe we buy the products because we are hoping our continued support will give FTC the time they need to start perfecting their figures. I LOVE my FTC WGSH so far, but wave 1 had crap bodies that were worthless actually. Wave 2 was great loved all 4. Wave three, loved how Batman & Robin looked. Loved Alfred's clothes, HATED the BIG HEAD. Batgirl could of been a perfect copy, but bad defective bodies.The Superman costume looks superior to mego's. The Super Gals are ok, but if I have to buy replacement bodies tofix FTC they will not be worth it. I have no idea why people get so defensive over complaining. Think about it, the passionate customers want the best products possible, key word CUSTOMERS. I bet you anything the sales of all the people here & on facebook equal the number of the happy to get anything crowd. We are BOTH needed to keep this line going. Maybe we vent hoping FTC will start hitting all homeruns instead of striking out every 4th figure. If you don't like complaining, don't read them.

In my case I predordered so all my figures were already bought before I knew of some of the existing problems. Once my love for these FTC becomes LESS than the problems FTC has (& I believe is addressing), then I'll stop buying. But I don't need someone telling me what I should stop buying or what I should or should not complain about. I have many other things going on, & these FTC mego-likes are the most excited I've been about toys in a long time (well since MOTUC & JLU). I am a GREAT costumer, so I reserve the right to criticize as long as I'm paying for the product. Some people LOVE to complain about complainers.

What's more sad, complaining about FTC toys you want to see succeed & you PAID good money for, or complaining about people complaining about the toys you love.
                          Originally posted by jayraytee
                          The fault would lay more on the consumer if they bought them in the store and looked at the figures and then paid for them and then complained. But this is a situation where they show a photo of what the product is supposed to look like, you order and they charge you, then eventually they send something that doesn't look as good as what you saw when you ordered. So the blame is on FTC.

The fact is FTC was handed the ball with the DC license and they have dropped the ball quite a bit; head size issues, female neck issues, superman's lame cape issue (according to player's complaining), the charging before they have the product to ship issue, occassionally shipping products missing parts, the too tightly strung body issue/broken arm issue, and now higher priced exclusives that are obviously thrown toegther.

People complain because they have waited years for this product, and they would like to see someone handle it right. It's great to announced and have intentions for lots of characters, but you have to deliver a product worth what you charge people.

I think one thing that exasperates the issues is when you have a self appointed FTC policeman who jumps on and criticizes everyone else when they raise issues, but then drops his own complaints as if he is above the laws he lays down for everyone else. It creates a more ongoing argument over the issues due to that person's behavior, the result is FTC is going to look worse than if he would just get off people's back.
                          Quoted for TRUTH! there always are boot lickers!

Comment

• invisiblelad
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 6, 2014

^^^This! 1000 times THIS! I know for a fact the The Players posts cause me to continually complain about the same things. The MORE ThePOTOS negates people's legitimate complaints in his passive-aggressive belittling comments, the MORE I feel I NEED to post the ongoing FTC complaint. Certain people like to push other people's buttons, & I have spoke to (or through PM) others here who say ThePlayer's cheerleading is (or has) caused them to NOT buy FTC product. *I wonder if FTC knew the NEGATIVE effect ThePLAYER's Free PR was having, If they'd want his "campaign of FTC Positivity"!....ONLY we can't complain about defective female bodies that were NOT what was shown when we preordered, FTC charging before the product is even in their warehouse, throwing higher priced Exclusive 2-packs together w/out the figures being secured or FACING Forward, & BIG Heads. ThePlayer said something like "It's called a prototype" when referring to BIZARRO.....his head ended up JUST as/almost as BIG & Oversized/out of scale as the Prototype. When nobody complained fpr days, The Player kept throwing in her little digs & belittling "comments" trying to get people to fight again. When we have an "issue" with BIG HEADS on FTC & get jumped on if we comment about NEW never before released DC Character's BIG HEADS.....but then they Player says but it will probably bother him IF it carries on to FLASH or GREEN LANTERN
                            . So we shouldn't complain when we're bothered by BIG HEADS on ALFRED or BIZARRO ect.*, but ThePoToS will be bothered if it's Flash & Green Lantern. Just like defective neckless female bodies are just fine, well because they have rooted hair according to Player, but the PLAYER had to complain about Superman's crumpled cape enough to start a thread for it. Before that Batman's lighter grey bodysuit bothered him enough to complain about it a few times. The biggest example of this is the passive-aggressive comments on people complaining about the WAVE 1 BATMAN retro bodies breaking at the arms, Player "suggested" US the consumers were the cause, ignoring all x8 Of my wave 1 FTC Batman figs snapped at the RIGHT arm & x4 were MIB. Player had nothing to say about that. Then the player who doesn't "constantly play" with his toys ended up w/ a MIB Riddler w/ broken arm.....& went & posted it as a complaint.

It's funny that EVERY TIME ThePlayer jumps on our valid complaints, we LIST all of our FTC QC Issues & Complaints! So for every time ThePLAYER thinks he's defending & helping FTC w/ his positivity towards FTC (belittling others concerns/complaints) he's actually causing people (plural) to POST WHY we have VALID complaints about FTC products. If anything ThePLAYER is hurting his beloved FTC's reputation. If you look, for every time ThePLAYER dismisses a megomuseum member's complaint, 2-3 posts follow re-listing or further detailing said PROBLEMS w/ FTC. He's hurting them & causing us to keep re-visit our aggravation w/ FTC, killing my excitement. ThePlayer probably does NOT care about FTC succeeding.....well not as much as getting reactions & posts out of people. I recently saw him call a member here a TROLL. He called him a TROLL! The irony wasn't missed by me, & a few others. Now ThePlayer's BIG thing is him calling us complainers "DUCKS" which he got from a founding member's post. He really doesn't read the rest of that post, because IF he did, he'd realize that Duck comment pales in comparison to the message being sent to him. It ended w/ "Some people are complaining about big heads....BFD." In other words, yes the poster said he wasn't going to be able to change our opinions & stop complaing, he might as well try to teach Ducks how to march in the park. Then the whole rest of the post goes over the Player's head. The End message of that post the Player loves so much now, because he thinks the founding member was just ripping on us "Ducks", was this: Some people are complaining about big heads.... BIG F'n DEAL. (who has been here for awhile)

*(BIG HEADS bother me, & I could live w/ Alfred & Bizarro, BUT I suspect Comm. Gordon, Ras Al Ghul & Jayna will also be out of scale). I didn't order x2 sets of CONAN wave because of of Solomon Cane giant head & then decided to not pre-order x2 sets of Tarzan as I was going to. I was also going to get x3-4 Wave1 Superman sets, But ONLY preordered x2 w/ the BOGO 40% OFF + FREE S/H from EE. After seeing Bizarro's BIG head on his prototype & Batgirl having the neck issues on all of them, I went w/ x2 of wave 1. So that's 5-6 SETS of figures (18-22 figures I ended up SKIPPING). If other customers are deciding not to order future FTC products due to not knowing what issues will be present when they arrive, it's all going to add up. 50% or more of my complaining is because thePlayer dismissing people's valid complaints. If he just left people's posts & opinion's alone, & just stated his own opinions w/out the passive-aggressive crap, the museum & FTC would benefit. Doubt that'll happen. That founding member gave me advice to ignore the players posts, I think I'll go back to it. I googled his book when he posted he was the author on here. Good amazon reviews BTW, proving e's intelligent & knows when he's starting trouble. Then I googled him because I always wonder what people look like.....

That's me in my avatar from last Oct. 2013! I do look freakishly young & people selling megos had no idea 1.) I had Many of the Mego toys as a toddler & 2.) I was using the megomuseum for 15 years, therefore had so much information, which prevented me from buying these megos at ridiculous prices!

*Thanks Megomuseum for saving me from buying Doctor'd up mego (trying to sell as original/complete) &

*THANK YOU FTC for making me NOT have to buy any DC Megos in the wild! (sans ISIS....anybody got an Isis head or dress/custom dress?)
                            Last edited by invisiblelad; Sep 28, '14, 2:22 PM.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

I mention the things I don't like and then I move on. Wish some others here would do the same. If I am seriously upset about something then I complain to the people that can actually do something about it, FTC.

If you have a problem with FTC and their products, then you need to click this link and tell them so - http://figurestoycompany.com/contact-us.aspx
                              Last edited by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide; Sep 28, '14, 2:30 PM.

Comment

• Astronut
                                Veteran Member
                                • Sep 21, 2010

I know there are valid issues with some of these releases but I will say I am very thankful there is a company even ** making ** them right now. I love them, warts and all. I'm sure I'll get a beating for saying it, but I do.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎