Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No one else will say it. So I will. The new stuff looks bad.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by libby 1957dog
    That is by far the coolest pic I've seen of Batman from this line. Awesome!
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Vinny0026
      Year Five!!
      • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by MegoScott
      These things aren't going away, so everybody better get used to other people expressing opinions. This IS a discussion board and there's a lot to discuss. Respect peoples right to speak and keep personalities out of it.

Stay civil and if you can't read someone's opinion without attacking them go for a walk and get your head straight.
      Scott is 100% right - I could not agree with him more.

Vman has the right to say what he wants - we have the right to agree or disagree.

He is not attacking them - matter of fact if you read his posts with a clear mind you will see he is a fan of the their work, and respects them.
      Even went on to say he will still buy most of them.

We all don't have to agree with what he says - but we all have to treat each other with some respect.
      "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• Vinny0026
        Year Five!!
        • Jan 26, 2012

I have been away from the boards for a few days - and there is a lot of posts on this topic

IMO - I'm pretty much on board what most are saying

I love the line, I want to see more figures being made and for CTV to continue to grow and bring us some great figures.
        I also agree - like most I will support the line. I do agree a few of the sculpts are a pinch larger than we would like to see them.

I think the feedback most people are giving is not negative, it is more of a constructive feedback.
        Keep in mind this is not a face to face conversation - so it is easy not to express yourself the way it is intended, and also very easy to take something the wrong way.

I think the only reason people post some of the comments is because they would rather CTV fix/ correct the problem, so that the line continues to sell well. At the end of the day everyone here wants the same thing - for them to do well so they continue to make more figures.

seems as the head scale is the biggest concern for most. CTV has grown as a company and seems to improve with each wave. So if they continue to grow - I'm sure the sculpts will get to the size they need to be at.

There are a lot of people on these forums - we will not always agree on everything.
        it is fine to agree to disagree - but we do need to do it with some respect.
        "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• GUYx1
          FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
          • Apr 20, 2005

I know criticism is frowned upon, but I really agree with the title. I didn't want to say anything. The Batman 66 figures have had so much development. The new toys that were recently revealed are the antithesis of the highly developed remego toylines. I was quietly depressed all weekend keeping it to myself. It's pointless I know, but I had such high hopes for the Robert E Howard & Edgar Rice Burroughs toylines. These are the twilight years for ReMego as the 3 3/4 lines are rapidly taking over the sales demographic. Any fumble can make a huge difference. All my hopes and dreams for what could have been were decimated when I saw those uninspired interpretations. No small amount of change between prototype to released version will evoke the necessary amount of change needed to make these lines succeed. Now I suppose I could look to the bright side of that Tarzan set. Had they not been Tarzan, I would have bought them on sale for customs. I could have a set of custom female characters to go with my Mego Sweet Innocence & her furry friends, but that was not exactly what I was looking for from a licensed Tarzan toyline. I was thinking if this was done well, then there could be a chance at more ERB characters and other toylines. John Carter, Dejah Thoris & Tars Tarkas.
          Such hopes are gone now. Even Kull & Solomon Kane. I could invest in re making them, but I am still investing my $$$ into salvaging the Battlestar Galactica figures.
          At least there may be some new parts, but it has been a real let down for a fan of the non caped superheroes. That being said, I'll still buy them, but I won't feel good about it.
          Last edited by GUYx1; Jul 20, '14, 4:46 PM.
          Cheers,
          Guyx1

Comment

• melkorjunior
            Museum Super Collector
            • Apr 20, 2014

For me the biggest letdown is the Jane figure. The too doll-like face shows (for me) that FTC is erring too much on the side of copying the babyfaced Mego look for females. Characters like La of Opar or Dejah Thoris, who are supposed to be sexy, will simply look awful in that style.

I'll be picking up a Tarzan, and also a Korak for his bow and his trunks, to add to Tarzan. But that's it. No Jane for me, no Meriem.

For me, the biggest problem with the entire Re-Mego movement, across all the different manufacturers, is the fact that they refuse to update the look for females. Tiny little stick figure bodies, baby-looking faces--they're awful in general. I didn't like EMCE's Uhura at all no matter how true it was to the original and I don't like FTC's females either. Ironically, Mattel actually got it right, despite all the other wrong decisions they made. Their Wonder Woman and Cheetah figures actually looked like women, not 8 year old girls.

Comment

• invisiblelad
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 6, 2014

Here's the thing. I'm no newbie here......have been here reading the Forums & loving the posts, drooling over the Galleries for 1½ DECADES. There has ALWAYS been disagreements on OPINIONS here, but the FTC announcements has suddenly made a few people here VERY DEFENSIVE! I'm 100% truthful when I say I wasn't sure if The Player On The Other Side was FTC biggest fan or biggest stockholder. Why? I have had issues w/ 8 wave 1 figures (8/8), rec'd way better bodies on wave 2, ALFRED's head is too big for me (bought 2 because I want more new WGH product---in SCALE though), Wave 3 there are NEW BODY ISSUES BATGIRL.... 2 of 3 have BAD painted eyes & 3/3 are 100% ASSEMBLED INCORRECTLY! If we don't passionately want our childhood dreams of NEW RE-issued Megos + NEW megos coming for years.....then we won't complain....nothing will change.....people will buy the GREAT repros. & people will STOP buying (JUST LIKE w/ Retro Action) the NEW FTC characters....They WILL BE TOO DIFFERENT from our nostalgic love of our original MEGO.

Now I only brought up The player above for 1 REASON. I have seen people bring up 100% FACTS of horrible Quality Control on FTC WAVE 1 & some on Batman 66 wave 1. The player would say (it's all here) a comment how his are good (paraphrasing) & then I feel a passive-aggressive comment on WHY MAYBE OURS BROKE! Blaming someone (through an "innocent" question or suggestion; like maybe people were rough with them "just to see if they would break". I found that insulting. Because he's a FTC Super FAN he suggests ours are broken NOT BECAUSE FTC HAS QC issues....but due to our own fault.....whether because we were too rough with them or even worse, spend GOOD $$$ just to break them on purpose JUST to come here to complain & besmirch FTC's good name. I'm NO FOOL & did NOT spend $200 on Batman wave 1 & broke ALL 8 Bodies (4 while MIB BTW). You see I LOVE this SITE! I LOVE FTC! This is a 1 time deal....NONE OF US WILL SEE THIS DC RE-MEGO - MEGO2.0 again! We ARE ROOTING for FTC! WE want quality, an expansive DC line w/ compatibility----from their releases that are Mego re-dos & their NEW companion DC releases! If we DON'T COMPLAIN.....NOTHING changes! Then GOODBYE FTC Megos! I LOVE DIFFERING opinions....but now some of my FAV people to hear from here feel they shouldn't share now! Ridiculous! I have seen more than a few "antagonistic" posts from The player because he paid S/H for his & some people used EE (that helps the museum right?) & had to wait 2-3 weeks for S/H. I also think he's the only poster who has called anyone an a$$hole too...well recently at least! So I say.....Player you love FTC & admittedly will buy it all no matter what for now.....but we have all seen you (& now a few new sidekicks) will not let us have negative critiques w/out you posting why we shouldn't feel that way or to just not buy it. I really don't think FTC would rather all of us stay silent about what we like & what we strongly dislike & just NOT Buy it. They probably will change things IF they know its going to become a possible re-occurring problem that will turn people off & prematurely END their Mego offerings due to poor sales. We LOVE megos here! We want FTC to succeed. Just let us have our opinions without US being blamed for FTC QC problems or trying to change our minds. I'll agree the suits did get tighter fitting on some of the final product. Didn't w/ the Titans. Alfreds head did shrink from prototype to final....& most of us here say its still TOO BIG (you agreed & I'm I'm honestly glad it doesn't bother you...But it bothers ME) . If we wait to see FINAL BIZARRO (or other figures) to come out to see if the shrikage will be enough (it won't probably) It will be TOO LATE....just like Alfred! & I know you think Ra'al Ghul looks better....I think Ras & Comm. Gordon are way too big to expect enough shrinkage to take place from proto to final. I hope so more than you'll ever know! This has became my #1 TOY obsession ....I (& ALMOST all others here) want this to succeed SO BADLY! I'm glad you buy them all too...we need each other....but you get your feathers ruffled & your nose bent out of shape sometimes like we are saying your CHILD has a big head & looks horrible. If people who have been posting here for years all stop for fear of stating their options if they are negative, or different in any way than a few vocal posters.....I'm sure this place will become a ghost town. I don't want to see that. I also don't want to filter my opinions....good ...bad....or indifferent. Rant over. Invisiblelad out!
              Last edited by invisiblelad; Jul 20, '14, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                One eyed, wonder
                • Dec 17, 2009

The only reason I bother posting my opinions here; I believe FTC is listening. This is the Mego Museum, we probably have both FTC's ears. It is our duty to every member here, as well as the hobby itself, to speak our opinions.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                  Persistent Member
                  • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                  The only reason I bother posting my opinions here; I believe FTC is listening. This is the Mego Museum, we probably have both FTC's ears. It is our duty to every member here, as well as the hobby itself, to speak our opinions.
                  I agree, but I think we should compile a list in order of importance, and sticky it. Then FTC doesn't have to do so much reading to get the message.

Comment

• Toystasher
                    • Jul 18, 2014

Anyone else see a resemblance?

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
                      I agree, but I think we should compile a list in order of importance, and sticky it. Then FTC doesn't have to do so much reading to get the message.
                      But even that is based on opinion. What might be important to you, might be less important to me.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 6, 2014

TRDouble....U R genius!

Why don't we have a poll the mods can arrange where we can see WHAT we megomuseum members LOVE, HATE, would like to be improved, what should stay exactly the same, what or IF we have had any issues about any of the FTC products. We all do have different opinions, but maybe a poll could help....unbutton one where we each post out answers so someone can't vote 26⅞ times to skew the results to their overly negative or positive views! Can it be done? Should It be done? O think so! I personally bet BIG HEADED NEW characters will be right up there, if not top of, the negative list....with baggy costumes & past/current body issues rounding out the top 3 negatives we'd love seeing improvements on. I bet their Mego reproductions, amount of awesome releases & customer service when problems arise (VERY Important IMHO) will be right up there topping the positives list. Maybe we can bring "IT" to the Polls!

Mods, * FTC Polls FTW?

Comment

• invisiblelad
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                          ^ QFT! I WISH So badly I could say it all so perfectly, clearly, & most importantly......in such few precise words! Lol! I agree 100% !!!!!

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                            Career Member
                            • Aug 3, 2010

I am happy that they are keeping us happy by making mego figures period. We all like to nitpick, but I gotta say the original Tarzan and Myxy are suspect. So what's the difference? I'm not interested in Conan or Tarzan lines, so I could care less. I am happy about superman, and am sure they will look better than the prototypes.
                            Very happy to get a bizarro , always loved him
                            mego's befo ho's

Comment

• alex
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jun 15, 2009

I just saw all the new stuff, and all I can say is that they look cheap, with no thought put into design, and just looks like they have been thrown together like a kitbash from their extensive parts. Dont get me wrong Guys, but comparing this stuff to their Batman 66(which are fantastic), its very poorly executed. I also compare stuff to BBP and Emce, and they are light years ahead, with their packaging design, and just the great small details they put into the clothing and still keep the mego vibe, that make their figures so appealing. The tarzan stuff is just cringe worthy.
                              Last edited by alex; Jul 21, '14, 7:51 AM.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                                Invincible Ironing Man
                                • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Boywonder0
                                ^^^Player said it right, clearly and simple! Wait until the real stuff come out and don't start your unwanted, unrequested criticism with their prototypes... Then, if the actual figures come with huge noggins here are your options: a) Buy them privately (& still complaint herein) b) Not buy them (and complaint herein) or c) Buy them and praise how much you liked them herein (yeah, right!).

This is not about not withstanding positive feedback or criticism... It is about identifying members who believe they have the monopoly of wisdom in all Mego subjects and not giving them standing or ranking but letting them know so... Nuff' time spent with your comments...^^^
                                OK. You need to check the word "forum" in a dictionary.
                                It doesn't mean "fan club".
                                It's a place to state likes and dislikes, hopefully in a respectful manner, and have an ongoing exchange of ideas and opinions.
                                There is nothing like "unwanted, unrequested criticism". We're here to discuss, and that's a two-way street.
                                So if you can respectfully express your opinion, with tolerance towards others, a forum is the right place to be.
                                You seem to be implying that only those who "like" should speak, and that the "likers" should have the right to tell "not likers" to go away.
                                Basically, they cannot criticize "your" product, but you can criticize them and show them the door.
                                If what you want is a Fan Club, maybe you should start one. establish your rules, and people will have to follow those or leave.

That said.
                                I think FTC has some great stuff on the shelves (Batman 66 looks fantastic), and not-so-great stuff (I really wanted Kull and Kane, but they don't look right to me at all). It happens, and in the end it's only a toy. I'll live a perfectly normal life without them.
                                In this day and age, I find it unacceptable that action figures get made that break so easily. I think they should have actual play value, I want to be able to give them to my nephew without telling him "please just put him on a shelf gently and stare at him". I want to be able to pose them, since they are action figure and not statues.
                                I don't want them fixed after wave 2 or 3, they should be of good quality before reaching customers. Quality control, yes, the name does mean "quality" and "control", not we'll fix it later.

I bought a lot of BBP product (BSG, Who, SMDM), and still I voiced my criticism, because I cared. In the end, most of their product was a disappointment on several levels (head sculpts, outfits, etc). Quality control failed. Let's hope FTC does better, and I believe they are, if they don't rush their product.

One last word. Voicing extreme opinions (love or hate) often backfires on a forum. It shouldn't, but it does. I recall a member who gave us so much on Bowen statues, in the end it became annoying, even though they were pretty cool collectibles. Finding each other "somewhere in the middle" is the best way to keep the dialog going.
                                Last edited by Gorn Captain; Jul 21, '14, 8:05 AM.
                                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎