Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • libby 1957dog
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 3, 2009

i dont know if its just a uk thing but the batman 66 show and movie has been in regular play from the early 1980s and from my personal knowledge my nephews now in their mid 30s ,my kids late teens and early 20s ,and my grand kids 5 and 9 years old ,all loved it and still have fond memories of the show ,as do i lol , it wasn't just us most of the other kids at school were the same way lol ,but yeah your right wow $300 for the dvd set ouch ,anyway it was just a thought,and the toys are great even at the price point they are ,$22 ish right , i just figured those clam shells must cost a $1 or 3 and with out them it could perhaps bring them in line with marvel legends and the rest of the 6 inch crowd
    besides its batman and his friends and foes in a taller size and different format ,that parents and grandparents will recognise from their childhood ,at a price point that represents a perceived better value ie real costume and cape than a 4 or 6 incher with painted detail lol
    Last edited by libby 1957dog; Aug 1, '14, 4:57 PM.

Comment

• jayraytee
      Career Member
      • May 27, 2011

The special edition is going to be like $300, the regular set isn't.
      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• libby 1957dog
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 3, 2009

heres the uk special edition £110 ,around $170 i think ,might be a cheaper option ,i understand its no problem to usa blu ray players ,heres a post from the bat boards on the subject of playback

drucevain wrote:
        Ben Bentley wrote:
        I wouldn't stress too much about Region to Region compatibility with regard to the Blu-Ray, Warner Brother Blu-Ray releases are typically multi-region.

Thanks Ben but can anyone confirm this i really don't want to just go ahead and order to find out i will spent close to $300 on a couple of frisbee's

I can confirm this when a Megamovie set comes out from Warner I usually buy the U.K. release on bluray much cheaper, but never had any problems with the discs working on my U.S. Bluray player. It is the smaller companies that usually region lock their discs on BluRay. You should be fine.

i hope this helps some buyers out ,comes out a day earlier as well lol, cheers chris
        Last edited by libby 1957dog; Aug 1, '14, 4:52 PM.

Comment

• Wasimhosen
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 23, 2011

The price came down on Amazon. When I looked last week the prices were the regular one. There's sale prices now. Regular blu: $270.00 down to $184.00 reg dvd: $200.00 down to $138.00. That's still pretty hefty.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Wasimhosen
            The price came down on Amazon. When I looked last week the prices were the regular one. There's sale prices now. Regular blu: $270.00 down to $184.00 reg dvd: $200.00 down to $138.00. That's still pretty hefty.
            For roughly 60+ hours of shows and extras, not bad. Throw in the hot wheels, repro trading card set and books, not all that bad of a price for the super deluxe set.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jayraytee
              Career Member
              • May 27, 2011

Ive seen the non-special edition dvd set priced at around $80, but these things always drop a few months after they are released, I mean its being released before Christmas... after Christmas I bet the price will drop.
              My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Boxheadman
                • Jul 24, 2014

Be checking Figures Toys main page and/or their facebook page for a new product reveal soon. A little birdy told me that it is the opinion of the guys at Figures Toy, that these are there best sculpts yet. Non-super hero property. First new figures in 15 years if memory serves.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 26, 2009

Gilligan, the Skipper, too?

In 1997 there were Exclusive Premiere 9" Gilligan, Skipper, and Professor figures. That was 17 years ago!

Farrow head sculpt of FTC Skipper was shown= perfect Alan Hale Jr likeness! Cannot wait to see Gilligan!

Mickey said there will be FTC 8" and 12" Gilligan's Island figures! 2014 is 50th anniversary! I want ALL 7 castaways!

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                    Gilligan, the Skipper, too?

In 1997 there were Exclusive Premiere 9" Gilligan, Skipper, and Professor figures. That was 17 years ago!

Farrow head sculpt of FTC Skipper was shown= perfect Alan Hale Jr likeness! Cannot wait to see Gilligan!

Mickey said there will be FTC 8" and 12" Gilligan's Island figures! 2014 is 50th anniversary! I want ALL 7 castaways!

Little Birdy? Woodstock?
                    And yes both 8" and 12" Gilligan and Skipper. The others will be on the Island for a while more!
                    s

Comment

• Boxheadman
                      • Jul 24, 2014

Nope, but a great guess. I don't think they have been previously announced. Steve is saying they are their best head sculpts yet.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 26, 2009

Hey, Mickey, I know its superhero but you said there will be an FTC Space Ghost figure. Can you give any more details of FTC Hanna Barbera plans?

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 22, 2011

I have been anxiously awaiting news from FTC about Hanna-Barbera.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 27, 2010

if this has been asked before and answered I apologize but does FTC hope or plan to have an appearance at NYTF an SDCc 2015? To my knowledge they didn't this year.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                              Hey, Mickey, I know its superhero but you said there will be an FTC Space Ghost figure. Can you give any more details of FTC Hanna Barbera plans?
                              Under Death threat-(Zoinks) no... but all is well.

On the SDCC and NYTF in 2015 it's being looked at in all it's Glory and I will post when it's a solid Green Light!

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                                • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
                                Under Death threat-(Zoinks) no... but all is well.

On the SDCC and NYTF in 2015 it's being looked at in all it's Glory and I will post when it's a solid Green Light!
                                Zoinks!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎