Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Buzz is absolutely wearing padding as the Penguin in the '66 show. He may not look beer-bellied, but it's there.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

They have stated that Tut is coming, and he's on the carrying case.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        Buzz is absolutely wearing padding as the Penguin in the '66 show. He may not look beer-bellied, but it's there.
        well he doesn't look fat...nothing stretching out a cotton ball can't fix

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by noelani72
          Think outside of the box for a second....everyone has the knee jerk reaction to swap hands, just to find thy don't fit.
          Well, move up the arm and swap at the elbow joint - that stuff matches up perfect.
          The ankles swap easy too so you can move the ballpoint to the type s body.
          The heads swap fine. A little heat to soften up the neck plug and walla. But, on batman, he has this weird fabric cowl collar....I didn't heat him up, I just cut the body open to get the head.

Agreed, all easy fixes Chad. I was planning to do the same thing to mine. As a customizer...it's easy to figure this stuff out.
          sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

was the new fat body a bit shorter? Penguin sure looks a bit shorter than Egghead in the carded pics.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

^I think all the FTC bodies are slightly smaller than vintage Mego.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ I'm talking comparing the carded Pengy to Egghead. Looks like the top of the hat lines up with Egghead's noggin in the bubble

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

I tried the immersing in hot water trick to get my Riddler head off of the body. No matter how much I softened it, the darned thing wouldn't come loose, so I cut up the torso and got it out.

I ordered a type S body, and Craig was nice enough to include some heat shrink tubing so I could place the hands inside the wrists.

I plan on getting the Joker next, but I will definitely NOT be messing with the arms! Or the legs for that matter.

And if it arrives broken, I am going to get another type S body, and do a head swap.

Why in the heck didn't they just go with a bandless design, like they did for their wrestling figures? Pfft!
                  JediJaida

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                    Permanent Member
                    • Mar 7, 2011

So far I have had good luck with ALL of my FTC Figures and I have ordered multiples of every series. Is there room for Improvement... Yes... The biggest problems to me are the belt sizing with 66 Batman it definitely needs to be re-sized and if you get some Aileens tacky dots you can temporarily rectify that situation, Hopefully that is why the belt is included in the accessories pack. I know why they did what they did with the hands so they can be swapped out like the Hot Toys versions but they definitely should not have gone the rout that they did with the feet it just doesn't make sense. Much Like Brian's my Batman and Robin are on the diving team as well lol. The good thing is FTC is second to none in their customer service department, any issue that are more than willing to rectify with a replacement. Keep up the good work guys and lets get some more variety out there.

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Sometimes it feels like companies are scared of making improvements, almost like it might scare off the person who wants to collect true "Mego" type figures. And in some cases, they might be right. Case in point, some want exact repros, like pajamas Wonder Woman; some would rather have an improved version instead. Speedy and his leggings and the scale of Mxy are good examples of this back and forth dynamic. I think the bodies --banded versus bandless -- might fall under this too.

For me, I do want the close-as-can-be to a Mego WGSH reproduction on the outside. I would definitely welcome a Type S body underneath though. And going beyond the repros, I'd like to see improvements while keeping with the spirit of Mego. I think the 1966 Batman line does a nice job of trending towards that, even with a banded figure. With the changes in the glove and boot connectors, putting them on the basic banded body almost feels like they wasted an opportunity and went half way instead of going the whole mile.

When my Wave 3 and TT figures come in, I will probably buy an extra 1966 Robin and see if I can move him to a Type S body. I love the look of the elbows on the Type S! If that goes okay, then I'll do the same to 1966 Batman.

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

I think companies are finding out the marketplace for Batman '66 is allot smaller than they might have hoped. So FTC is pretty ambitious going this deep into the series. I fully expect each line after this initial offering to be a short production run like they're doing with the retro heroes. I think (or hope) that will keep the line going long enough to make all the characters they intended. It's certainly feeding demand on the retro heroes so hopefully that will have the same impact on this line as well. I'll be there to the end. Fun line.

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

The only problem I've found is this figure may be the secret "love child" for the bigger Hot Toys Batman. A photo was recently taken and Bats was none too happy about it.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 3, 2009

ha ha great pic tom ,welcome back mate ,just a quick heads up for those with a problem with the gloves falling off the 66 bats ,when doing a body swap ,bikin 89 bats body ,the only swivel arm figure i have ,i noticed the ball pegs on the wrists were pushed in too far on my bats figure ,boiling water and a couple of minutes later i left them sticking out a little more ,no more falling hands ,when the wrist cools the pegs stay in place perfectly well and hold the glove on great ,would imagine this would be the same fix for robin

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎