X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iron Mego
    Wake Up Heavy
    • Jan 31, 2010

Anyone else feeling a tad overwhelmed?

Man oh man. It's a crazy time for us Mego-fans. Ever since the first information about FTC's Re-Megos was released it seems like the releases and announcements have snowballed. Since then we've seen new stuff from Castaway/Zica, EMCE's Marvel Megos, and just about every day now a new product from FTC. I'm actually having a hard time keeping up with all the announcements, and know I won't be able to buy half this stuff. Curious to see what else is coming, but it's already more than I would have ever dreamed of.
    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter
  • megonaught
    Career Member
    • Jan 29, 2008

I am a bit but i am gonna stick to getting most of the wgh stuff and pick and choose on the other.
    I am only getting batman and robin on the tv side.
    And as much as i like them i wont be getting any of the fist fighting figures unless thats the
    Only way to get the hero.
    Then i will just put it on a regular body.
    Zica- i plan on getting all the all the smdm
    Action Jackson is his name.
    Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• Spyweb007
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 18, 2006

Five or six years ago there I would by any mego-like figure I happened to find because there was not much out there, now there is so much being released there is no way I can keep up with it all, but there is a lot of very cool stuff coming out now. Mego is back with a vengeance!

Comment

• VulcansFury
        Museum Patron
        • Mar 6, 2014

Maybe?? I'm not hardcore on a lot of the new remego stuff, but I do collect a ton of lines. I find a lot of this stuff easier to skip like the price-gouging DST Marvel $80 packs and anything with oven mitt gloves. I'm thrilled the 66 Batman don't have oven mitt gloves. I'm more worried about the 3 3/4inch retros driving me broke. I open everything but those make me want to keep some carded.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
          Permanent Member
          • Mar 7, 2011

VERY!!! hopefully all of these lines will be successfull enough to keep them around for a long time so we can pick them up at liesure and not have to worry about limited runs.

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

Yes, I do feel overwhelmed. It's a feast for sure. My problem is, I collect a lot of other stuff too, so picking and choosing is not easy.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I have no complaints--I collect mostly Mego, and my vintage collecting is tapering off--so all of this reMego is perfect timing.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• nubee
                Career Member
                • Feb 15, 2010

The more the merrier. Maybe I'll see some obsure figures from FTC like the Spectre, Dr Midnight, Hourman etc...

Comment

• jimsmegos
                  Mego Dork
                  • Nov 9, 2008

Only complaint I could have is I wish they would have done this a couple years ago when I had more disposable cash

Comment

• melkorjunior
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Apr 20, 2014

I'm just starting out so no complaints here. This keeps me from having to pay ebay prices for originals.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

I don't buy everything, so no, I don't feel overwhelmed at all.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Iron Mego
                        Wake Up Heavy
                        • Jan 31, 2010

I didn't really mean the buying aspect, but mainly the volume of things coming out. I'm not a completist by any means, but the sheer volume of announcements has been hard to keep up with. I guess maybe the problem for me is all the threads about the same thing. Anyway, I'm not complaining, so don't get me wrong. I just need a breather.
                        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• VulcansFury
                          Museum Patron
                          • Mar 6, 2014

Wasn't it just a month or so ago everything was doom and gloom and reMego was dying? I'll take overwhelmed over dying out, thank you!

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                            OH JES!!
                            • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
                            I don't buy everything, so no, I don't feel overwhelmed at all.
                            Ditto!....I buy what I really want not figures that I have no interest in......

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

I'm just getting what I like and I likes me some 66 Bat-Dolls. I'll probably get Scarecrow and Ra's too. They look like they might work in the 66 Bat-World.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎