KISS Alive! I am pleased.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoMoe
    • Feb 13, 2014

I just set up my Dressed to Kill set and love them. Theses look just as good. Have to add them to my list.

Comment

• jimsmegos
      Mego Dork
      • Nov 9, 2008

A whole lot of reviews on these up now plus a review of Paul's new book.

Comment

• firestarcomics
        Museum Patron
        • Jun 19, 2014

Yes, I got my 12 in versions and I LOVE them! They look amazing in 12in format and the sculpts are great except for Paul's crazy hair but that's ok because all you need is a Barbie comb to fix it. I actually curled Gene's hair permanently and he now has Demon wavy hair. I am so anxious to see both Dynasty (Unmasked) and Creatures with Eric Carr The Fox! I will be posting my new KISS figures and handmade Fox figure in my gallery soon...

Comment

• firestarcomics
          Museum Patron
          • Jun 19, 2014

Does anyone have a clue as to what KISS series is next? Will it be Destroyer,Dynasty,or Love Gun? It is crazy awaiting what in the world FTC has in store for the next wave? Im too anxious but whatever it will be I am sure will be great!

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

I inquired a few weeks ago and FTC said the next series will be examined in a few months. To me the logical lines would be Destroyer and Dynasty (Love Gun was covered in series 1). Would love to see an Elder and Creatures series as well. I get the sense they want to finish this line out, even if they have to space out the release dates. I heard Alive was a strong seller. Not sure about Dressed to Kill.

Comment

• MEGOMAN
              Defender of the Megoverse
              • Dec 30, 2008

Originally posted by MIB41
              I inquired a few weeks ago and FTC said the next series will be examined in a few months. To me the logical lines would be Destroyer and Dynasty (Love Gun was covered in series 1). Would love to see an Elder and Creatures series as well. I get the sense they want to finish this line out, even if they have to space out the release dates. I heard Alive was a strong seller. Not sure about Dressed to Kill.
              "Examined", as in they will release a couple pictures of the next wave of KISS figures??? I hope to see Destroyer next. But if it isn't, than Dynasty would be the next logical wave. What is weird is why they never finished the Hotter Than Hell figures!

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by MEGOMAN
                "Examined", as in they will release a couple pictures of the next wave of KISS figures??? I hope to see Destroyer next. But if it isn't, than Dynasty would be the next logical wave. What is weird is why they never finished the Hotter Than Hell figures!
                Yep. That choice wording wasn't lost on me either. But I felt it provided more of a hopeful tone than before the release of the Alive figures. I think had Alive gone the way of DTK, that might have ended the series. I think with the uptick in sales again, I'm hoping they're giving it another look. Yeah, I was left scratching my head on the Hotter than Hell skips (except for Gene). But who knows? Never say never with FTC.

Comment

• jimsmegos
                  Mego Dork
                  • Nov 9, 2008

I can understand a little bit of the fizzle with DTK. I personally think they are fantastic figures BUT KISS in suits is far less tantalizing as KISS in full stage regalia. I really do want to see Dynasty figures. Destroyer is cool but looking around at all of the bits and pieces that make up the current lines it would be pretty easy to gobble those together. Tom you probably already know the answer to this so I'll ask you, is there an issue with the Eric Carr make up as far as licensing goes? Vinnie too I guess (just for the sake of being a completest) but a Fox would be really really cool.

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by jimsmegos
                    I can understand a little bit of the fizzle with DTK. I personally think they are fantastic figures BUT KISS in suits is far less tantalizing as KISS in full stage regalia. I really do want to see Dynasty figures. Destroyer is cool but looking around at all of the bits and pieces that make up the current lines it would be pretty easy to gobble those together. Tom you probably already know the answer to this so I'll ask you, is there an issue with the Eric Carr make up as far as licensing goes? Vinnie too I guess (just for the sake of being a completest) but a Fox would be really really cool.
                    Hey Jim. From everything I have read and understand about the issue, KISS owns the makeup. Eric Carr figures have been made too when McFarland put out the Creatures line many years ago, so KISS definitely can market him. I think what might be hindering that effort is KISS' iron fist to maintain the four original images and not "dilute" the brand. So if anyone is in the way, it's likely Paul or Gene. Sadly...

Comment

• boss
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 18, 2003

Didn't Vinnie recently claim that he owned his makeup design?
                      Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

I do not think that KISS INC. owns Eric's most well known version of the makeup. The McFarland figure had an early version which KISS can obviously use.
                        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                          I do not think that KISS INC. owns Eric's most well known version of the makeup. The McFarland figure had an early version which KISS can obviously use.
                          I believe you are indeed correct my friend. Here is the copyright document. Click under owner and there he is.

Maybe they could make one, like you said, with an earlier design? This could get interesting.

Comment

• figureaddicted
                            • Jun 29, 2014

When this line was originally being solicited didnt it say they were looking to do styles and versions encompassing their whole career? Now i realize that theres probably only a little that could be done sans makeup ( probably just Revenge and maybe Lick it Up era....depending on Vinne) but surely the Dynasty, Unmaksed with Eric , Elder and Creatures era would be part of that. Destroyer seems like a no brainer. Hopefully this line goes above and beyond where it already has.

Comment

• jimsmegos
                              Mego Dork
                              • Nov 9, 2008

Originally posted by MIB41
                              Hey Jim. From everything I have read and understand about the issue, KISS owns the makeup. Eric Carr figures have been made too when McFarland put out the Creatures line many years ago, so KISS definitely can market him. I think what might be hindering that effort is KISS' iron fist to maintain the four original images and not "dilute" the brand. So if anyone is in the way, it's likely Paul or Gene. Sadly...
                              Well duh on me. I was just looking at the McFarland figures the other day on ebay. I really hope Gene and Paul aren't that douchy about the whole thing. That would go against their whole "for the fans" argument on everything. But lets be honest, how much impact would that really have on disrupting the image? The cats been out of the bag since the big MTV unmasking

Comment

• firestarcomics
                                Museum Patron
                                • Jun 19, 2014

I hope they do Dynasty before Destroyer because I REALLY want Dynasty even if adore Destroyer. in my galley I have a conversion of Sonic Boom Gene into a Destroyer look. I bought the 12 inch Gene and changed the codpiece and redid his boot sleeves to the dragon boots. Dynasty is a interesting period because the costumes were crazier and then the went into Unmasked which introduced Eric Carr. I would Imagine that 1979-1980 would be Gene,Ace,Peter,Eric Carr and Paul. The Unmasked costumes were pretty cool as well.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎