Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

I don't think some of the Mattel Villain figures need to be redone. Personally, I liked and own Twoface, Sinestro(yellow version)and Lex Luther, all decent sculpts. The Heroes on the other hand...I'd love to see FTC take a crack at Green Lantern, The Flash and a realistic BATMAN(70's style of course in keeping with the Mego era, Adams, Aparo, ETC...).
    sigpic

Comment

• Krypt0nite
      Radioactive!
      • Feb 13, 2010

I have no problem with FTC re-doing the same figures that Mattel made even though I doubt I would buy them, as I was satisfied with Mattel's output (especially the villains).

I would prefer that they go with characters such as Bizarro, Brainiac, and Hawkman that have never been produced in any Mego form before they start re-doing the Mattel figures, though.

Comment

• m0redaniel
        Goblin enthusiast
        • Jan 14, 2014

Would love to see a :

Lex Luthor
        Brainiac
        Superfriends Black Manta
        Superfriends Toyman

Someone on here made a custom Superfriends Toyman and it was amazing. Hope to see one similar like this from FTC.
        Known to occasionally brush shoulders with 8 inch goblins

Comment

• luclin999
          Museum Patron
          • Oct 27, 2011

Personally, on the villain side of things I'm happy with the Mattel Lex Luthor, Captain Cold, Two-Face and Sinestro. Cheetah isn't bad either except that her head is just a tad too big.

Hero wise I think that the Martian Manhunter is fairly "mego-like" and I am happy to finally have non-custom versions of Flash and GL which while not perfect are still the new bar that has been set for mass produced versions of those two "most wanted" characters.

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

The problem I had with the Hal Jordon was he would not stand up. I have replaced him with a Green Lantern Guy (I got at a discount) and he looks great now.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• madmarva
              Talkative Member
              • Jul 7, 2007

The Hal Jordan head was too large. Compare it next to Superman and Luthor. Also, didn't care for the reworked kirk head.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by madmarva
                The Hal Jordan head was too large. Compare it next to Superman and Luthor. Also, didn't care for the reworked kirk head.
                I thought the sculptor of that said it was original, even tho it was pretty obvious that is was Kirk as the base.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• houseofdracula
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 11, 2011

My guess is that they will do some repeats.

The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                  https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• madmarva
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jul 7, 2007

I could care less about an action figure of me, but ordering a custom hero or villain sounds great.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 27, 2011

I know there will be some repeats. Unless they tweak things a bit though, I probably will not buy them.
                      I would personally love to see more secret identity figures, or even figures packaged with secret identity clothes as well as their hero costumes.
                      I'd love to see more female characters. I'd love to see a Wonder Woman or Supergirl with a good head sculpt. I'm still not really thrilled with the original Mego versions or Mattel's take on Wonder Woman. It was good but it could be better. I'd also love to see Zatana and Black Canary!
                      Hawkman and Hawkgirl with removable helmets would be AWESOME!!!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• megocrazy
                        Museum Trouble Maker
                        • Feb 18, 2007

Mattel had several figures that were well done, if you don't count the bodies. The sculpts weren't great but I was happy with several figures, Sinestro, Guy, and Two Face were well done. I am surprised to see so many calling FTC figures as Mego's. I never heard that comparison once with Diamonds Trek redo. Those figures were 10 times the quality and the new characters were pretty much dead on. Gorn, Sulu, Chekov, and Kahn were about as good as they could have been. FTC, to this point, are no different than photocopying a baseball card for your sports collection. I could never compare Mattel or FTC to Mego. 40 years in extra technology and bodies break, don't stand, belts don't fit right and emblems crack. Like Mattel I'll buy any new characters that FTC does, because they're in scale and sort of an extension of the Mego legacy, but IMHO both had major issues with there releases that shouldn't have happened. It goes to show the power that Mego had overall. When they were in business several companies tried to copy them and 40 years later they're still trying to recapture the magic. In 40 years I wonder if people will be joining the FTC Museum or the Retro Action Museum.
                        It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 27, 2011

And another thing...

Am I wrong for wanting a Booster Gold and Blue Beetle combo pack?

I'd also love a Blue Devil. hehehe

JeffBearCO

Comment

• megocrazy
                            Museum Trouble Maker
                            • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                            And another thing...

Am I wrong for wanting a Booster Gold and Blue Beetle combo pack?

I'd also love a Blue Devil. hehehe

JeffBearCO
                            Not at all. I would much rather see new characters as well.
                            It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• tllgn
                              Persistent Member
                              • Feb 6, 2010

i bought the whole retro action set ,their great ,except the bodies ,however i will buy all of the figures
                              from FTC .They will be more true to classic mego ,its gonna be interesting to see what the figures are
                              gonna look like ,curious about flash ,green lantren .although i do like the simple cards they did for RA -
                              that was very mego like .

Comment

• enyawd72
                                Maker of Monsters!
                                • Oct 1, 2009

I hope FTC makes new versions of the Mattel figures. I'd rather have a collection made up of figures all in the same style from the same company. The Mattel figures stand out like sore thumbs with their bulging hernias and gimpy legs.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎