Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

EMCE had the sense to redo the Gorn, so this would be the perfect opportunity for FTC to strike with a redo, too.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

^Good point--esp. since, as I said, it is not really a question of new tooling, but of resizing the suit. In fact, if they wanted to add molded boots in stead of sewn ones, they could easily adapt Titans boots.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• fallensaviour
        Talkative Member
        • Aug 28, 2006

Child body would be more accurate for Mxy but Id even settle for a teen titan body on him.
        Anything to make him just a tad smaller.
        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Personally, I can't wait for the little imp! Wish they'd use him in a movie. I'm so sick of Luthor, Luthor, Zod, Luthor, Zod, Zod, Luthor, Zod, Luthor, Luthor.

The fact that Superman has had six feature films and we still haven't seen a trace of Brainiac, Bizarro, Metallo, etc. blows my mind.

Comment

• ovenmitt
            Persistent Member
            • May 26, 2009

I want exact repros 1st of all original Mego DC!

Knock out all 4 Mego Superman characters in 1 wave

Superman
            Clark Kent
            Supergirl
            Mr Mxyzptlk- 2nd head!

Then

Lois
            Luthor
            Brainiac
            Bizarro
            Jimmy
            Perry
            Jor-El
            Lara w/ baby Kal-El
            Toyman
            Metallo
            Parasite
            Zod

Superboy w/Krypto to anchor Legion of Super Heroes 7" line!

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
              • Feb 27, 2014

1st wave:
              Superman
              Supergirl
              Luthor (purple suit)
              Mxy

2nd wave:
              Clark Kent
              Lois
              Brainiac
              Toyman

3rd wave:
              Perry White
              Jimmy Olsen
              Bizarro
              Luthor (business suit)

4th wave:
              Ma Kent
              Pa Kent
              Jor-El
              Lara

As overmitt said, exact repros of all figures already created esp mxy.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by enyawd72
                Personally, I can't wait for the little imp! Wish they'd use him in a movie. I'm so sick of Luthor, Luthor, Zod, Luthor, Zod, Zod, Luthor, Zod, Luthor, Luthor.

The fact that Superman has had six feature films and we still haven't seen a trace of Brainiac, Bizarro, Metallo, etc. blows my mind.
                I agree 1000% with you. However, I'm hearing rumors that Lex Luthor will be in the next Man of Steel installment.

It's a shame the Superman cartoons have more of a variety of villians and more action overall........Go Figure (no pun).
                Last edited by Ivaniski; Mar 19, '14, 7:30 PM.

Comment

• madmarva
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jul 7, 2007

I'd love to see some other villains Brainiac, Metallo, Parasite, Galactic Golem, atomic Skull, Master Jailer, Sand Superman
                  Last edited by madmarva; Mar 19, '14, 9:09 PM.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 26, 2009

I forgot Sand Superman villain created in 1970s when Superman lost half his power and became immune to kryptonite! Classic Neal Adams cover "Kryptonite No More!" with Superman breaking kryptonite chains! Clark Kent became a TV newsman, too! How could Clark leave On Air TV to change to Superman to help sudden emergencies?

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      I think I am in the minority in liking Mxy, but I will agree that the Mego version is off-model.

I get that FTC is doing straight repros, but a Mxy "revision" at the gate seems smart to me and they should in fact add a corresponding Bat-Mite.

Mxy is one of the WORSE Mego figures ever produced! And Bat-Mite...oh, god ...please NO!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                        One eyed, wonder
                        • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by madmarva

I'd love to see some other villains Brainiac, Metallo, Parasite, Galactic Golem, atomic Skull, Master Jailer, Sand Superman
                        That is the best Mxyz Mego style design I've seen!

Comment

• Ivaniski
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 24, 2007

This Mxyz is keeping true to form from the comics,,,,,,in Laments terms......you "Nailed it."

Comment

• Operation:Mego
                            I'm the Star Spangled Man
                            • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                            More, more, more. How do you like it, how do you like it? More, more, more!
                            sigpic
                            The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by The Bat
                              Mxy is one of the WORSE Mego figures ever produced! And Bat-Mite...oh, god ...please NO!!!
                              Possibly, which is why some of us were discussing a FTC revision of Mxy.

Regarding Bat-Mite, why not? You'll likely be getting a Bronze-Age Batman and Ra's al Ghul from FTC, and if the line continues sufficiently, more diverse characters can be added.

I don't want Bat-Mite or Killer Moth before other more notable characters, but Batman's history is diverse. It has always acknowledged the supernatural & sci-fi, and Bat-Mite is a fun reminder of Batman in the '50s.

All I'm suggesting is a possible companion figure to a smaller Mxy--an Easter Egg of sorts.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

its no rumor, he's been cast already.

Originally posted by Ivaniski
                                I agree 1000% with you. However, I'm hearing rumors that Lex Luthor will be in the next Man of Steel installment.

It's a shame the Superman cartoons have more of a variety of villians and more action overall........Go Figure (no pun).
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎