X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ivaniski
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by The Bat
    There goes my hopes for a Neal Adams Batman. They'll make a Superfriends Batman with big goofy SMILE instead.
    Never give up my friend,...FTC often visit these boards, and believe me they want to make "All" of us happy.

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by The Bat
      There goes my hopes for a Neal Adams Batman. They'll make a Superfriends Batman with big goofy SMILE instead.
      Ignore Ivaniski and fear the worst... because, as we all know, history has proven that those that hold a Batman action figure license always keep Batman variations to a bare minimum.
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

lol. Yeah, bear in mind that the more Batman & Robin variations they can do, the more foes & supporting cast can be added.

How else will I ever get a Killer Moth Mego?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Uni
          Since no one asked: the characters I'd MOST want from Superfriends, beyond the original Mego figures, would be Marvin and Wendy.
          This way of addressing the SUPER FRIENDS possibility (IMHO) is the most productive i.e. talking about what we WANT rather than what we don't want.

Otherwise FTC is playing a guessing game when researching such things.

Personally?

I'd shoot for similar figures of (but Hanna-Barbera variations on) the Megos they are already releasing AND the Hanna-Barbera original released in evenly divided waves of 4.

I'd start with bigger guns and see how it goes.

Maybe like this:

WAVE 1
          SUPERMAN (Hanna-Barbera version)
          BATMAN (HB V)
          ZAN
          JAYNA

WAVE 2
          LEX LUTHOR (HB version which may very well be identical to the comic version)
          ROBIN (HB V)
          APACHE CHIEF
          BLACK VULCAN

WAVE 3
          AQUAMAN (HB V)
          WONDER WOMAN (HB V)
          WENDY
          MARVIN

WAVE 4
          GREEN LANTERN (HB V/CB V)
          BIZARRO (HB/CB V)
          SAMURAI
          GLEEK/WONDER DOG (2-PACK)

WAVE 5
          FLASH (HB V/CB V)
          CAPTAIN COLD (HB V)
          EL DORADO
          RIMA

WAVE 6
          RIDDLER (HB V)
          HAWKMAN (HB V/CB V)
          SINESTRO (HB V)
          CHEETAH (HB V)

WAVE 7
          ATOM (HB V/CB V)
          SCARECROW (HB V)
          GRODD (HB V)
          BRAINIAC (HB V)

WAVE 8
          HAWKGIRL (HB V/CB V)
          TOYMAN (HB V)
          "UNIVERSE OF EVIL" SUPERMAN
          "UNIVERSE OF EVIL" BATMAN
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Ivaniski
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            lol. Yeah, bear in mind that the more Batman & Robin variations they can do, the more foes & supporting cast can be added.

How else will I ever get a Killer Moth Mego?
            BINGO!!! The more variations from a Batman & Robin line,....Oh Yeah, the more foes & supporting cast. Thus, Mo' Money for FTC and Mo' figures for us to pick and choose from. We gotta keep hope alive.

Neal Adams Batman, the time has come.

Last edited by Ivaniski; Feb 21, '14, 9:51 PM.

Comment

• HardyGirl
              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
              • Apr 3, 2007

WOW! Wouldn't that be awesome? And of course a HOJ and LOD playsets. But I think they should see Scott and Paul for these!

Originally posted by huedell
              This way of addressing the SUPER FRIENDS possibility (IMHO) is the most productive i.e. talking about what we WANT rather than what we don't want.

Otherwise FTC is playing a guessing game when researching such things.

Personally?

I'd shoot for similar figures of (but Hanna-Barbera variations on) the Megos they are already releasing AND the Hanna-Barbera original released in evenly divided waves of 4.

I'd start with bigger guns and see how it goes.

Maybe like this:

WAVE 1
              SUPERMAN (Hanna-Barbera version)
              BATMAN (HB V)
              ZAN
              JAYNA

WAVE 2
              LEX LUTHOR (HB version which may very well be identical to the comic version)
              ROBIN (HB V)
              APACHE CHIEF
              BLACK VULCAN

WAVE 3
              AQUAMAN (HB V)
              WONDER WOMAN (HB V)
              WENDY
              MARVIN

WAVE 4
              GREEN LANTERN (HB V/CB V)
              BIZARRO (HB/CB V)
              SAMURAI
              GLEEK/WONDER DOG (2-PACK)

WAVE 5
              FLASH (HB V/CB V)
              CAPTAIN COLD (HB V)
              EL DORADO
              RIMA

WAVE 6
              RIDDLER (HB V)
              HAWKMAN (HB V/CB V)
              SINESTRO (HB V)
              CHEETAH (HB V)

WAVE 7
              ATOM (HB V/CB V)
              SCARECROW (HB V)
              GRODD (HB V)
              BRAINIAC (HB V)

WAVE 8
              HAWKGIRL (HB V/CB V)
              TOYMAN (HB V)
              "UNIVERSE OF EVIL" SUPERMAN
              "UNIVERSE OF EVIL" BATMAN
              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                The Man of Many Voices
                • Aug 30, 2005

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                WOW! Wouldn't that be awesome? And of course a HOJ and LOD playsets. But I think they should see Scott and Paul for these!
                I wish to go on record and state that I am definitely in favor of a Super Friends line by Figures Toy Co.

I've always been a fan of the core group from 1977-1979. So I will be outspoken in my request to see Mego figures of the Wonder Twins. I've always wanted Zan and Jayna in Mego form, 8 in. Comic Action and Pocket Hero forms when I was a kid. Never got them. I would be happy to at least get 8 in. Mego versions of the Twins.

I hope they do it all. Every character Hanna Barbera animated both heroes and villains.
                Even Alex Toth designed versions of the main five.

So I strongly cast my vote for the Super Friends.

Comment

• garfoot
                  Museum Patron
                  • Aug 28, 2012

I was looking on the FTC Facebook page and found this:

2. Any chance of you guys making the 1970's tv show the Super Friends with likeness and cardbacks reflecting the colorful show opening?

Figures Toy Company : cant comment on the package design for superfriends yet

I have been holding back on the Mego figures trying to budget my money for this year, but if they make the Super Friends in 8" format, that would sway some funds their way. I have always wanted these figures!!!!!!!

Comment

• ScottA
                    Original Member
                    • Jun 25, 2001

I'd buy them. I have the SF maquettes they would look good with.
                    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

I want my Mego Super Friends!

I would be down for this to happen. I really would love to have the Challenge of Super-Friends vs the Legion of Doom!!!
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                        Persistent Member
                        • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by PNGwynne

And if they ever do Black Vulcan before they do Black Lightning, I'll be not only disappointed but ticked off.
                        I'm with you on that, PNGwynne. But, I think there was a reason they went with Black Vulcan over Black Lightning, and it was something to do with.....I just checked wikipedia and it mentions it there:

"Unlike most of the Super Friends, Black Vulcan was not a pre-existing DC Comics character. This is particularly notable since DC Comics' roster did include an African American superhero with electricity-based powers, Black Lightning, who could not be used on the show due to disputes between DC and Black Lightning's creator Tony Isabella.[1]"

Not sure if the above is resolved to the point he could be produced as an action figure? I would prefer a Black Lightning figure over Black Vulcan.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

There was a Black Lightning in the Total Justice line, so I guess DC worked it out with Isabella.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                            Persistent Member
                            • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            There was a Black Lightning in the Total Justice line, so I guess DC worked it out with Isabella.
                            That's right! I totally forgot about that figure. I should have done a image search first as there has probably been a few now I think about it. But, I guess if they are sticking to Super-Friends, we would get a Black Vulcan(?).

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

that would make sense. WB used BL on Batman Brave and the Bold, too.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• madmarva
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jul 7, 2007

I'd probably buy BV and BL figures, but would prefer Black Lightning. His costume is better. I've never understood long sleeves and short pants combination, particularly on men.

I wonder if the hair on Black Vulcan's legs stands up straight when he fires off a lightning bolt?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎