Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figuremod73
    That 80's guy
    • Jul 27, 2011

I just hope they release the characters that will be the most popular first just to be on the safe side.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I don't know, I think you've got to balance a-list with b-list characters to keep some momentum. Look at DCUC for example.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

Wendy, Marvin and Wonder Dog?

Pass.

Zan and Jayna and Gleek?

Double pass.
        JediJaida

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

Superfriends would be great, and a perfect fit for the format.

recently picked up the Superfriends Hot Wheels car.
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• BATMAN89
            Mego obsessed!!!
            • Jul 20, 2010

As a WGSH collector, these would be the ones I'd be interested in first.
            I never liked the kids on the show.
            Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
            My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

If these are done right I may just like them better than ANY mego line ever made.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Now, see, this is where it gets fuzzy for me. Are we expecting FTC SF versions of A-listers, or secondary characters/foes as a WGSH supplement?

Because A-listers seems redundant IMO of the WGSH repros they are already doing/planning. Admittedly it'd be just head-sculpt changes, but how supportive/diverse do they think the market is?

I mean, I'd much rather they do Plastic Man, Apache Chief, or Samurai than Supes, WW, or Batman.

And if they ever do Black Vulcan before they do Black Lightning, I'll be not only disappointed but ticked off.
                Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 20, '14, 9:19 PM.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                  To Fear is Not Logical...
                  • Feb 17, 2008

^I agree. To me original Megos and Superfriends are synonymous as they are what I played with as a kid in the 70s to create my own stories. I would much more like to see the teens or Apache Chief first.
                  It's all good!

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

^^ I also agree. To do the Super Friends, it would be smarter to continue on with heroes never made and then revisit special edition versions of existing heroes at a later date.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                      Mego obsessed!!!
                      • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      Now, see, this is where it gets fuzzy for me. Are we expecting FTC SF versions of A-listers, or secondary characters/foes as a WGSH supplement?
                      Because A-listers seems redundant IMO of the WGSH repros they are already doing/planning. Admittedly it'd be just head-sculpt changes
                      Originally posted by MIB41
                      ^^ I also agree. To do the Super Friends, it would be smarter to continue on with heroes never made and then revisit special edition versions of existing heroes at a later date.
                      True!
                      But I would take a Batman with the light blue trunks, and the cowl with the black shadow on the forehead.
                      Also, a smiling Batman is comical these days.
                      I do collect Batman stuff first and foremost though.
                      Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                      My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• jeffbearco
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 27, 2011

I'm actually all for remaking some of the original heroes. But if you do, improve them! Include accessories that should have come with the originals but didn't. Give Batman a Batarang! Give Green Arrow a decent quiver and a couple of trick arrows! Give them all cases that are resealable! Give Wonder Woman a case that is printed with cut-out wings on back to turn her box into the invisible jet!

Be creative and show us something new or at least a variation on a theme. The GA prototype I saw looks pretty much identical to the original Mego that I already have as well as the Mattel version. Why would I buy another identical figure?

Just my 2 cents.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

Are we sure we're reading too much into this?

If they produce a 70's version of Hawkman, then how is he going to look different than his Superfriends counterpart? Same with Flash, GL, etc...

So, that could be the "Superfriends" in context; the releases will coincide with the characters who appeared on the show.

All it requires is a redesign of the original group to appear more Superfriends than classic Mego. But the secondary guys? It would mean their first GL, Flash, etc... releases would have to be more modern designs. Which, is the exact opposite from what we're seeing with the Batman figures.

Comment

• Uni
                            Museum Patron
                            • Sep 7, 2008

Since no one asked: the characters I'd MOST want from Superfriends, beyond the original Mego figures, would be Marvin and Wendy.

Comment

• jayraytee
                              Career Member
                              • May 27, 2011

In my opinion the superfriends Batman and Superman, etc would be the same as the ones they are already making. If we get Hawkman, batman, Superman, Wonderwoman, Flash, Green Lantern, Green Arrow and Captain Marvel.... as regular Megos, then to complete the Superfriends just add in the few other characters from the show. I mean the Justice League and Super Friends rosters are made up of the same core group. I don't need a Superman with a slightly different more cartoony hanna barbara head. When I was a kid, I watched Super Friends and played with Megos and to me Superman was Superman and Batman was Batman.
                              My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• The Bat
                                Batman Fanatic
                                • Jul 14, 2002

There goes my hopes for a Neal Adams Batman. They'll make a Superfriends Batman with big goofy SMILE instead.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎