Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTC reveals WGH Series 4 lineup, Teen Titans Series 2, and other 2014 releases!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by SpaceAgent
    This is all welcome news. I'm in for everything mentioned. I also see mention of a Superman wave with Superman, Supergirl, Mxylpltk. Maybe Lois Lane to fill it out? Or Luthor?
    Kent would make the most sense and make it an all repro wave, unless they save him for the second wave to have a Superman presence in it.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Ivaniski
      I guess this calms my worries bout' the head sizes....Quoting Scott Beatty:... " FIGURES TOY COMPANY continues to wow Bat-Fans with yet another Facebook reveal: COMMISSIONER GORDON!

Slated for FTC's WORLD'S GREATEST HEROES Series 4, this figure is still in the prototype stage, according to the early posts. Hopefully, like the Series 3 Alfred Pennyworth, Jim Gordon's nicely sculpted head will shrink a bit so that it's in scale with the rest of FTC's DC repro Mego offerings!

So who else in Series 4? Stay tuned to this bloggity-blog! Same Bat-Time! Same Bat-Channel!"

- Scott

FTC are sculpting these heads with great detail and definition......I really like where they're heading (no pun) with these DC character action figures. I'm in 100% to support this line.

Quick footnote: The facial details on Gordon and Alfred resemble that of any 1:6 scale Hot Toys figures........Now (for a 1:9 scale figure).......that's a good thing!!! Ivaniski

They already said Scarecrow,Ra's al Ghul and another version of Batman were in Wave Four.

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

It would be pretty neat to make a custom Giant Man on the 18" body.
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• jeffbearco
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2011

Now I'm curious who will be in the 18" format? If they did the big 3, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, would they include secret identity clothes. At that scale, I'd hope Batman's cowl would actually be cloth or at least cloth with a thin plastic upper face that would look more realistic than the original Mego 8" with removable cowl. I don't think a helmet would do in that size.

And for once, can Batman actually come with a batarang??? I don't think that is too much to ask.

I'm anxious to see how the costumes come out for Teen Titans. If they finally get the female heads right, I'm hoping they redo Wonder Girl. Either that or I'll get a Wonder Girl and put her costume on my extra Matel 8" Wonder Woman mego-like figure.

And I hope they do Cyborg right! It would be great if they did chrome on the head, arms and legs!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• jeffbearco
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 27, 2011

Oh, and it is a tremendous cop-out not to have jointed arms on the female figures!!!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

I told them that, but they don't listen!
              JediJaida

Comment

• warlock664
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Ivaniski

Quick footnote: The facial details on Gordon and Alfred resemble that of any 1:6 scale Hot Toys figures........Now (for a 1:9 scale figure).......that's a good thing!!! Ivaniski

Okay, I can relate to the enthusiasm, but if you truly believe that, you should share what you're smoking !
                That Gordon sculpt is way too soft to compare favorably to Hot Toys.
                Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome for what it is, but it isn't anywhere near as detailed as a Hot Toys sculpt, nor would I expect it to be for the price.
                Last edited by warlock664; Feb 3, '14, 6:03 PM.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by warlock664
                  Okay, I can relate to the enthusiasm, but if you truly believe that, you should share what you're smoking !
                  That Gordon sculpt is way too soft to compare favorably to Hot Toys.
                  Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome for what it is, but it isn't anywhere near as detailed as a Hot Toys sculpt, nor would I expect it to be for the price.
                  I know my friend.....i have a few Hot Toys figures myself and strongly believe that their facial detail are 2nd to none. However, for a 1/9 scale head (Gordon,Alfred) to be made to truly replicate the 80's or 90's comic book version of themselves (Hot toys League )......makes my enthusiasm soar! You,..yourself stated that....."Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome for what it is" . And.....That's exactly my point, still in it's prototype stage.........It's looking "Awesome".
                  For 1/9 scale........WooHoo!!! Things are looking good at FTC land........We all win!!!

Footnote: I believe Mego (back in the days) was heading this route, towards the end of their run... with these (2) specific heads in the "WGSH line"....Mr.Fantastic and Invisible Girl. She looked better detailed then their previous female characters and so did Strecho..in reference to the male line.
                  Last edited by Ivaniski; Feb 4, '14, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Honestly, I appreciate the quality of the sculpts, but I wouldn't want them too detailed like HT--it would throw off the Mego vibe IMO.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• warlock664
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 15, 2009

^^^
                      Precisely!

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

Vinyl heads don't hold the same amount of detail that harder plastics, like Hot Toys or even NECA's recent Jason and Freddy do.

After my initial enthusiasm for the New Teen Titans, I'm starting to wonder how they will do Starfire and Cyborg. Will she have a Tamarian "Flesh" body suit? I've also never been really overly fond of the clunky Mego female body. I might have to do a Zica transplant. Also, how will they do Cyborg's limbs? I'd hope for new arm and leg sculpts, but I'm suspecting a more "Mego" solution is to have some kind of cloth "sleeves" done in metallic printed fabric.
                        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Astronut
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 21, 2010

18-Inch format. Why? I thought it was a typo when I read that. Who even wanted that scale... and they're probably going to be priced at $150 - $200 a pop. Who can afford to collect them? Seriously. Why?

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎