Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTC reveals WGH Series 4 lineup, Teen Titans Series 2, and other 2014 releases!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

"Flash, Green Lantern, and Hawkman have already been sculpted." Ahhhhhh, that is great news! Those are three of my top (if not THE top) for my DC list. Sounds like 3 or the next group of Titans could use the standard bodies instead of the Titan bodies?
    Super interview, thanks for posting!

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

There's a chance we could get a Hall Of Justice? Cool.

Comment

• ovenmitt
        Persistent Member
        • May 26, 2009

THANK YOU, SCOTT AND FTC!

NEW Batman so soon, gotta be Neal Adams/ Jim Aparo like Scarecrow and Ra's Al Ghul!

My DREAM New Teen Titans wave! Hope they are 8"!

SUPER characters and other original WGSH this summer!

YVONNE CRAIG BATGIRL!

Flash, Green Lantern, and Hawkman!

18" DC figures!

TOO MUCH TO TAKE IN! Read this past midnight of my 44th birthday Feb. 1! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ME!

Cannot believe this news is coming 2 weeks before Toy Fair! I am BROKE next 3 years at least! Thanks, again Scott and FTC/ Anthony!

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Scarecrow is one more LOD member closer to completion. Glad to hear Egghead and Pengy are on the way, too.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• levyguy
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 4, 2009

Superman, Flash, Hawkman, Aquaman- excellent!
            Looking forward to Kid Flash, and the Bruce Wayne figure looks good too-

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

In case anyone didn't know, Mr. Beatty has written tons of books on comics and toys, and some great comics as well, including co-writing two of my favorites, Robin: Year One and Batgirl: Year One with Chuck Dixon!

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• silveralex
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 22, 2012

Big Fan of Batgirl: Year One!

and re: the FTC news : OMG!!!!!!
                SO many figures, so little money ...

Comment

• Timothy2251
                  Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                  • Mar 15, 2008

So, we're getting more Titans (Cyborg, Raven. Starfire, probably Disco Nightwing), a Titan-scale Robin, more KISS figures, Tarzan and Jane, '66 Penguin, '66 Egghead, '66 Catwoman (NEWMAR!), '66 Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson, A retro Superman line, Green Lantern, Flash AND Hawkman, and an 18" body. Plus other stuff I missed. All in production at this very moment. E,re getting all this, and FTC gets my money. It's good for them, it's good for us, it's good all around.

Well played, Figures Toy Co. Well played, indeed.
                  "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Ivaniski
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 24, 2007

You know..looking at how sharp and well defined the Alfred and Comm.Gordon faces are being displayed. Leads me to believe that an Adam's or Jim Aparo Batman/Bruce Wayne are feasible. I think that finally, the "WGH" action figures will truely resemble their pictures on the card now. YIPEE!!!

I could finally retire my version of an Adam's Batman/Bruce Wayne Mego type figure............pictured below.

Last edited by Ivaniski; Feb 2, '14, 9:04 AM.

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

HEY! He's pretty cool! There's no need to retire him!
                      JediJaida

Comment

• Remco Monster
                        GLOWS in the Dark!
                        • May 3, 2006

I am down for Scarecrow, Green Lantern, Flash and Hawkman. The repros so far haven't been of much interest to me, since I have the originals, but very interested in the characters that weren't made by Mego. The Mattel figures were too far off the mark for my liking.

Not crazy about Bruce and Dick being in the second series of the '66 line, but definitely down with Penguin and Egghead. And of course Batgirl when she comes!

Hall of Justice playset repro would be awesome, but the thought of the cost scares me.

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 24, 2009

Two words: second mortgage!

Unless wave two Titans are not done in 8 inch scale, that would be an epic fail.

Comment

• ubermanx
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 3, 2013

Why do I get the impression that I restarted my interest in Mego as a collector at a fantastic time?

I'm not a huge fan of the secret identity figures but love the idea of Alfred and Jim Gordon.

Now we get more? Even better. Totally in for each superhero. In for all the '66 Batman figures. I even like the Gilligan's Island license.

Was there this much ezcitment when Mattel started the Retro line? I imagine there was.

And I'm suspecting the Type S body sales will be nice and steady as each line from FTC comes. That's not meant as a dig to FTC bodies but I have full intention to swap all my main '66 cast to the Type S body regardless of what shape the FTC body is in.

Also ordered a Type S specifically for Captain Canuck. Just imagine the poses.

- Marty

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Very excited to hear of all of this, although I regret no Beast Boy.

(I guess he could be in a Doom Patrol wave.)

Yippee! to Batman66 wave 2 featuring Egghead & Penguin, my two favorites.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                                Defender of the Megoverse
                                • Dec 30, 2008

Well, I guess there goes the cash I was going to spend on Hot Toys!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎