Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First pics 1966 tv batman, robin, joker, riddler!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

I think these will be a monster hit for FTC. I did notice Batman and Riddler's outfits seem to be composed of a more cotton material than the stretchy kind we've seen in the hero lines. It would be really neat if that makes it to the production versions as well. It adds a quality to the overall look. Just curious when these will hit the market. They're fun!

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by HardyGirl
      WOW! These look great! I would have gone for a full tooth grin on Riddler, (ala Frank Gorshin), but otherwise, cool! Y'know, I wasn't digging the lip paint at first, but then I thought, Action Jackson! They've got the same lip color as ole AJ! Very Mego-ey!
      Thank you for that, HardyGirl! That helps make it more palatable. Good perspective.

Comment

• ZebMayonaise
        • Nov 6, 2012

HOLY SMOKES, BATMAN!!! those look amazing!

Comment

• Mego Milk
          Custom Mego Maker
          • Jun 3, 2007

Getting!!!!

Comment

• dr_cyclops
            One eyed, wonder
            • Dec 17, 2009

FTC has really stepped up their game.
            I did my best to get my retailer friends to support this line. Sadly FTC India production, has left too many retailers with high reservations. Even after telling them that FTC moved production to China, I didn't get the feeling it made any difference to them. I really hope that when they see these prototypes pics, they have a change of heart.

Comment

• Astronut
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 21, 2010

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
              FTC has really stepped up their game.
              I did my best to get my retailer friends to support this line. Sadly FTC India production, has left too many retailers with high reservations. Even after telling them that FTC moved production to China, I didn't get the feeling it made any difference to them. I really hope that when they see these prototypes pics, they have a change of heart.
              I am pulling for FTC. They are allowing us a chance to re-live old memories by doing WGSH again, if nothing else, at least we're getting DC. But I will say, I'm a little concerned about quality, even the more recent stuff. I ordered a set of 2012 Mad Monster figures, carded, and not only is the Mummy's head wobbling like it's about to come off, but some of the hands feel super loose, as if they are one motion away from coming off. I thought the 2012 MM Series was built with improved parts?? I just got my WGSH Batman Series 1 set the other day and I'm almost scared to open them for fear the limbs are gonna fall off... at least that's what I'm seeing in these threads.

FTC we love you — but you have to get this right — you can't keep selling merchandise that is falling apart at the seams — or you are ultimately doomed as a company.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                One eyed, wonder
                • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by Astronut
                But I will say, I'm a little concerned about quality, even the more recent stuff. I ordered a set of 2012 Mad Monster figures, carded, and not only is the Mummy's head wobbling like it's about to come off, but some of the hands feel super loose, as if they are one motion away from coming off. I thought the 2012 MM Series was built with improved parts?? I just got my WGSH Batman Series 1 set the other day and I'm almost scared to open them for fear the limbs are gonna fall off... at least that's what I'm seeing in these threads.
                Sounds like the Mummy's extra wrap is too tight and pulling the head out of the body. This is what happen the first time I tried to re-wrap this piece. The wrists tend to have a loose swivel. Having removed and replaced these hands, I found no risk of them falling off. I've been buying the India produced glow monster hands from CTVT in quantity. The 2012 hands are much better. Improvements to the limbs are very evident in these 2012 bodies when compared to the India production. Can't wait to test the Retro Batman line as soon as I can afford.

Comment

• THE FALCON
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 2, 2011

The one thing that stands out that I don't like are Robin's leggings/pantyhose, whatever they're called. Batman and Joker really look great.

Comment

• J.B.
                    Guild Navigator
                    • Jun 23, 2010

Uh-oh. Have any of you read the FTC fine print in the upper right hand corner of the Batman Pic? "Head sculpt shown is only available on 12” figures. The 8” sculpt will differ slightly." These guys pis$ me off. Scroll down for pic of actual 8" sculpt.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• piecemaker
                      There's no need to fear..
                      • Jan 26, 2009

^^^

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

That was good. Well done.

Comment

• houseofdracula
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 11, 2011

The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                          https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                            Often invisible
                            • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by J.B.
                            Uh-oh. Have any of you read the FTC fine print in the upper right hand corner of the Batman Pic? "Head sculpt shown is only available on 12” figures. The 8” sculpt will differ slightly." These guys pis$ me off. Scroll down for pic of actual 8" sculpt.

Haha!! Awesome! I was wondering if these were the 12" versions.
                            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Crap, I forgot about the 12" versions. I wish they'd honestly just bypass those. Maybe do Batman and Robin and that's it. Seems to be muddying the water for the 8" to me.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                                Citizen of Gotham
                                • Nov 17, 2012

^Agreed. 12 Inch could really oversaturate and distract from the 8 inch.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎