Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fallensaviour
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 28, 2006

Funny thing is if they just gave us one head sculpt in a two suit option,we would complain that they should have given us two head sculpts...LOL
    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

You know what bugs me? I'm interested in the 8" versions of these, but the photos on their site for the 8" figures are clearly pics of the 12"... which are superior. I'd like to see the close ups of the 8" heads and outfit. I already know I'm not thrilled with the headsculpt, but the outfit... Can anyone tell if the 8" has the leather look that the 12" has?
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Astronut
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 21, 2010

All these complaints about the head sculpt... for christ sakes, go back to the original Megos and you'll recall some of those head sculpts looked goofy... think about it.

Comment

• TMANSTOYS
          CALLING ALL DUKES !!
          • May 12, 2011

I'm fine with it all. At least they are making them. Can't say that about a lot of other old icons and TV shows. All these will look great in my showcase. FIG. INC are trying to keep megolike action figures alive. Got to give them credit.
          Last edited by TMANSTOYS; Dec 14, '13, 5:00 PM.
          "JUST 2 GOOD OLE BOYS,NEVER MEANING NO HARM "

Comment

• bobws
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 13, 2008

He looks good, but i won't be getting any.
            "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Astronut
              All these complaints about the head sculpt... for christ sakes, go back to the original Megos and you'll recall some of those head sculpts looked goofy... think about it.
              Hi, I thought about it, and I'm still going to complain about it because they could have easily reduced the size of the great 12" sculpts to 8" and I would have been thrilled.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                Persistent Member
                • Apr 28, 2013

I love this figure. I would have been over the moon if I got this as a kid and I knew very little about Evel. It is just going to take me a bit to accept eating the 30.00 for each. Eventually I will get both the 8 inch versions.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                  Hi, I thought about it, and I'm still going to complain about it because they could have easily reduced the size of the great 12" sculpts to 8" and I would have been thrilled.
                  I asked Farrow (the person who sculpted the heads) about this and he said the 8 inch sculpt was in fact the same as the 12 inch, but there were details lost when they shrank the head. The fullness in the hair was the biggest issue he noticed.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by MIB41
                    I asked Farrow (the person who sculpted the heads) about this and he said the 8 inch sculpt was in fact the same as the 12 inch, but there were details lost when they shrank the head. The fullness in the hair was the biggest issue he noticed.
                    If that's true, then they REALLY goofed up the process.

Comment

• samurainoir
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Dec 26, 2006

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

I would love to see some reviews with some detail shots of the figure loose. Not hearing anything.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                          Persistent Member
                          • Apr 18, 2006

I saw thes at the store today, Really nice figures, great job on the motorcycle suits. the sculpts are nice and clean, with good detail, but the likeness is off a bit. It's a weird expression, the package has about a half dozen pictures of Evel on the back and he doesn't have that expression in any of them. I still think it's a great looking figure and am looking forward togetting one soon.

Comment

• sprytel
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
                            I would love to see some reviews with some detail shots of the figure loose. Not hearing anything.
                            I posted a review and pics in the other thread:

After watching a new documentary called "Pure Evel" I bit the bullet and stopped being so cheap and ordered myself a 12" Evel in the white suit. I can't wait to get this figure. He looks amazing in those shots. Anyone else pre-order him yet?

Comment

• fallensaviour
                              Talkative Member
                              • Aug 28, 2006

After seeing your review,Man I'm totally torn on this one.
                              I like both figures but prefer the head from the blue figure and want the white jumpsuit.
                              I actually didn't even know they were out yet.
                              Obviously getting both solves this but I'm only getting one for now...lol
                              “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by sprytel
                                I posted a review and pics in the other thread:

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...t-Ordered-Evel
                                Oh wow! Thanks so much! I completely missed that. Great review too! Nice pics and very informative. I've been thinking about getting a couple. Still on the fence about whether I should go after the 12 inch versions. The 8 inch look awfully nice though. Thanks again for the link!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎