X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by gummi
    I posted a question on their Facebook page asking them if they could explain the decision to go with the alternate head sculpt for Gene, but I never received a reply. I don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but it makes absolutely no sense to use a head sculpt with an expression that bears no resemblance to the album cover. Do you all really think this was planned or some kind of screw up on their part? It also seems very suspicious that the picture wasn't updated until pre-orders had already shipped out. I just can't believe that someone in the company didn't realize that they had the wrong picture posted on their site for all these months. This whole thing is very disconcerting to say the least.
    I was thinking about this. I think it is the paint work on the teeth. It is pretty intricate, and kind of makes the smile. I wonder if the factory couldn't get the paint right at 1:9, and that forced them to change the sculpt.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by sprytel
      I was thinking about this. I think it is the paint work on the teeth. It is pretty intricate, and kind of makes the smile. I wonder if the factory couldn't get the paint right at 1:9, and that forced them to change the sculpt.
      That's interesting, but something like that would have been discovered right away, as a request for a different sculpt would have been made before production. Unless the factory took it upon themselves to provide a new sculpt, but that would be a really strange situation.

So if they needed a different sculpt from the start, why continue to post pics of the smiling sculpt? I mean, they couldn't have thought no one would notice.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• MEGOMAN
        Defender of the Megoverse
        • Dec 30, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
        That's interesting, but something like that would have been discovered right away, as a request for a different sculpt would have been made before production. Unless the factory took it upon themselves to provide a new sculpt, but that would be a really strange situation.

So if they needed a different sculpt from the start, why continue to post pics of the smiling sculpt? I mean, they couldn't have thought no one would notice.
        The bottom line is that something stinks with these 2 sculpts! FTC needs to fess up!

Comment

• noelani72
          27inaleon
          • Jun 25, 2002

Santa brought the non-exclusive 12" Gene.
          Overall, very pleased.
          Body poses good.
          Clothes are done quite well.
          Face paint is immaculate.
          New shoes are interesting.

Hair, meh, could still improve.
          And in Classic CTVT FTC fashion, the item was not as described....his suit does not have the pin striping and he does not have the shirt sleeve cuffs as seen in every advertised picture.

Comment

• nobody
            banjo!
            • Jan 26, 2012

Happy Festivus...and now the airing of the grievances...............

Comment

• mego maniac mark
              Career Member
              • Aug 3, 2010

Originally posted by megoknight
              Happy Festivus...and now the airing of the grievances...............
              I'll take the invite....
              My better half got me the 8 inch versions after I said how I wanted them after seeing those first pics. Those first pics, specially the gene is why I wanted them. I have not gotten any of the others, but would like them. I do think the Peter sculpt looks the best followed by Paul , Ace, then Gene.
              I also love the card art but would prefer them right sized to traditional figures , or even the new WGSH clams.

Now onto the feats of strengths.......who want some????
              mego's befo ho's

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
                Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
                • Mar 3, 2010

Wow. This is a pretty serious issue. Yes, I am happy that we are getting Mego style figures in 2013, but we've been getting Mego style for a few years now. Nowadays, we have an embarrassment of riches of reMego products; So much so that we can and should address issues such as these.

Something stinks in Suburbia. Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.

The sculpt was shown, advertised, and not delivered. But when questioned about it, the response was NOT, "Well, the reason we had to do this was blah blah blah..." Instead, the response was, "If you don't like it, we'll send you a different product...". To me, that shows a somewhat lack of respect for your customer, your bread & butter.

From the point of view of the HEAD of FTC, if a certain head sculpt was shown, not delivered, AND you have a bunch of your customers raising the issue, the right thing to do, is 1) give an explanation to your customers as to why one sculpt was shown and another sold, and 2) make the original smile sculpt in the 8" format and, at the very least, offer it to your customers on the parts section of your website...

Give the people, your customers, what they want. If you have the license, and you paid the sculptor, offer the headsculpt in the format that your customers want it in...
                Last edited by galaxyexplorer42; Dec 25, '13, 6:51 PM.
                Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• boss
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 18, 2003

Got the 8" DTK figures yesterday. I like them. The Gene sculpt is a little wonky (as is Ace), but in actual size they look fine. It's easy to see the flaws when the picture is magnified so much.
                  Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                    • Dec 30, 2008

Originally posted by boss
                    Got the 8" DTK figures yesterday. I like them. The Gene sculpt is a little wonky (as is Ace), but in actual size they look fine. It's easy to see the flaws when the picture is magnified so much.
                    Can you post a picture of the back of the packaging????

Comment

• noelani72
                      27inaleon
                      • Jun 25, 2002

glad to hear Boss. You gonna open them up?
                      I have some Xmas $$ burning a hole in my pocket, but I'm honestly having a hard time pulling the trigger on anything FTC…but ultimately probably will because they have stuff I want, reckon I will fix the problems and grow my collection.
                      I'm tempted to add the pin stripe to my Gene suit and conjure up some shirt cuffs. I just like how he was originally pictured and when I have that mental imaged engrained in my head…those two little things really stick out to me.
                      The newer pics on FTC's site do reflect the 12" Gene as I received him, however, on the packaging it still shows the other figure that I originally set my mind to.
                      The 12" Gene variant in the color suit - it still shows the pin striping and shirt cuffs…I really want that variant.

I'm gonna mod my Gene a bit further too - he doesn't stand very well because his ankles don't have enough resistance to position him for balance. He falls over way to easy.

I can totally understand why FTC did a head swap from 12" Gene to 8" Gene. The lower row of teeth are pretty darn small…it works on the 12" head, but I cannot see anyway they could have properly shrunk this head for the 8" line and made it look right.

Comment

• noelani72
                        27inaleon
                        • Jun 25, 2002

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edit to rotate pics...
                        Last edited by noelani72; Dec 26, '13, 2:53 PM.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                          Often invisible
                          • Jul 18, 2002

ARRRGGG!!! I'm digging those Alive outfits!!!

Alright, I've decided to wait and see if the Dressed to Kill figures go for sale loose, but if the 8" Alive look anywhere near as good as the 12", I'll be all over them. The boots look great!! I suppose 8' Gene will have the same sculpt as Dressed to Kill...but that smile would be awesome. I'm pretty sure my friend got a set and I'm going to be at his place this weekend so I'm anxious to check out the heads in person. I might change my opinion completely.
                          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• noelani72
                            27inaleon
                            • Jun 25, 2002

^^I was wondering that myself…buying them loose. Seems they have every other line available as loose - but I'd thought they were only doing that because sales were so low.
                            The Retro Mego 12" figs sold out fassst for nostalgia sake….my gut tells me these DTK figs will be popular and could sell out…which if I wait too long will disappoint me.
                            Farrow's head sculpts will make these sell very well I think.

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                              • Dec 30, 2008

Originally posted by noelani72
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]9685[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9683[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9684[/ATTACH]

Edit to rotate pics...
                              OK, I"M IN ON THE "ALIVE" FIGURES!!!!!!

Comment

• mego
                                Veteran Member
                                • Sep 16, 2012

Thanks for the pics! Since the DTK and forthcoming Alive! figures share the same heads, we might see these things sooner than later. They look pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎