X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by noelani72
    there's been a couple new comments on their FB wall from folks who've received their 8" Gene and were confused..

I'm over whatever little tizzy I experienced with this Gene head sculpt change…I don't have to buy em, sure wanted the 8" set as I've seen for most of this year…but I'm not out anything except some disappointment..
    I would just wait for these outfits to go on sale loose as most of their stuff typically does and then get a good Gene head sculpt when a good one comes along. I'm essentially looking for the definitive head sculpts of each band member and then I'll apply all the different outfits to just those four figures. Buying all of these MOC just to have the outfits seems like a waste of money if the heads are going to get better. I like the Peter and Paul heads in this series, so I'll sit back and wait for those to go on sell loose.

Comment

• gummi
      Career Member
      • Dec 2, 2009

I checked Facebook, and I have a question about the explanation they gave as to why they waited until now to reveal this face sculpt. The pictures have been up on their site for how many months, and they just now realized that they posted the wrong one for the 8 inch Gene? Something just doesn't seem right about all of this.
      Last edited by gummi; Dec 10, '13, 3:11 PM.
      "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Comment

• boss
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 18, 2003

I love it when things come together...

Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• MEGOMAN
          Defender of the Megoverse
          • Dec 30, 2008

The head sculpt for the 8" Gene is great but it really sucks that FTC made us think that we were getting what they advertised. It's complete crap that they did a second head sculpt.

Comment

• mego73
            Printed paperboard Tiger
            • Aug 1, 2003

I kinda like the 8" one since it evokes the solo album cover but it is quite different from the 12"

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

After looking at all the new pics that Figures put up on Facebook, I think the only one I really like is Paul. I like the original Mego Ace, Gene, and Peter more than the new ones... And Peter is almost there, but his eyes are crazy crooked.

I wonder if they're going to use these same heads for the ALIVE! figures they have been teasing. It would follow their pattern so far.
              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• noelani72
                27inaleon
                • Jun 25, 2002

when I saw this picture of Gene, I couldn't help but hear the song in my head…We represent…the Lolly-Pop Guild, the Lolly-Pop Guild, the Lolly-Pop Guild.

1507501_554335964660121_2035558154_o.jpgScreen Shot 2013-12-11 at 10.29.40 AM.jpg

Comment

• boss
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 18, 2003

They really need to figure out hair.
                  Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

maybe that expression is for that "oops I swallowed that blood capsule" moment.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• noelani72
                      27inaleon
                      • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by boss
                      They really need to figure out hair.
                      After my failed attempts to style the ZICA Yvonne hair, I wonder if styling these KISS figs is possible.
                      Gene and Paul look ok to me..Paul being the best.
                      But the Peter and Ace…god…it looks like 'just-out-of-the-pool-and tossed-back' look. There's nothing in their hair that looks like the person. No bangs. No whips. Nothing.
                      It's more acceptable on the 12" figures I think but it really looks off on the 8" figs.

Comment

• mego
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 16, 2012

I'm glad someone is making these retro KISS figures.
                        Dressed to Kill is a strange choice, of which i will pass on. They look ok, I've never seen an 8" suit that doesn't look baggy & weird... these are no different.
                        Is anyone able to post a picture of the forthcoming ALIVE! figures that are pictured on the back of the package?

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                          Defender of the Megoverse
                          • Dec 30, 2008

Originally posted by mego
                          I'm glad someone is making these retro KISS figures.
                          Dressed to Kill is a strange choice, of which i will pass on. They look ok, I've never seen an 8" suit that doesn't look baggy & weird... these are no different.
                          Is anyone able to post a picture of the forthcoming ALIVE! figures that are pictured on the back of the package?
                          Wow, I did not know the back of the package showed the next wave.

Has anyone received their figures yet? If so post a picture of the back of the packaging!!!

Comment

• gummi
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 2, 2009

I posted a question on their Facebook page asking them if they could explain the decision to go with the alternate head sculpt for Gene, but I never received a reply. I don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but it makes absolutely no sense to use a head sculpt with an expression that bears no resemblance to the album cover. Do you all really think this was planned or some kind of screw up on their part? It also seems very suspicious that the picture wasn't updated until pre-orders had already shipped out. I just can't believe that someone in the company didn't realize that they had the wrong picture posted on their site for all these months. This whole thing is very disconcerting to say the least.

Comment

• Astronut
                              Veteran Member
                              • Sep 21, 2010

Seriously? Who gives a flying f*ck? We have freaking Megos in the year 2013. Stop what you're doing for a second and process that. I'm being 100% serious.

Comment

• gummi
                                Career Member
                                • Dec 2, 2009

Originally posted by Astronut
                                Seriously? Who gives a flying f*ck? We have freaking Megos in the year 2013. Stop what you're doing for a second and process that. I'm being 100% serious.
                                Thank you so much for your constructive post Astronut. To answer your question, I give a flying f*ck. The fact that they made an alternate head sculpt and didn't make their customers aware of the change until they had already been shipped out is most definitely cause for concern. If you're so ecstatic to have new Megos that your willing to accept whatever shows up on your door step, good for you, but when I purchase something I expect it to look like what was advertised. A reasonable explanation needs to be given as to why this variant head sculpt wasn't made known until after the fact.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎