Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drogge
    Career Member
    • Jul 24, 2009

I can not wait to get these, my local comic book store is holding two sets for me. I just hope they arrive soon. Has anyone seen these out in the wild yet?

Comment

• Jason73
      Correctamundo!
      • Jan 11, 2009

I don't plan on swapping mine out.
      Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• noelani72
        27inaleon
        • Jun 25, 2002

yea, just from the chatter, it doesn't sound like a swap out is gonna be a big deal as before…sounds like they've retooled.
        If the bodies are a bit tight/stiff and are causing breakage, well, I'll just re-string if it bothers me that much.
        As mentioned, they all break..even as good as Doc's bodies are, I have had the occasional torso pop apart or pins break…it's easier to accept those because his line hasn't had the chronic problems as CTVT.
        The bandless bodies will be the game changer and I can't wait to get them.

Looking forward to the mailman bringing my figs…could be tomorrow at the earliest.

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

I love them. I took me right back to being 8 years old. I'm glad I opened mine, but I'm a bit envious of those who are waiting for Christmas to open them since this was the closest feeling I've ever had to a time machine.

I think Figures Toys had really upped their game and can't wait to see what come next.
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

I'm glad to hear that the production bodies are getting fairly good reviews. I know they went back to the drawing board a few times to get the bodies up to snuff.

Comment

• silveralex
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 22, 2012

Originally posted by Iron Mego
              I don't think I'll be swapping mine out until the bandless bodies are available. I haven't seen a banded body yet, including Mego's, that doesn't have some issue or another. Some are too tight, some are too loose, some tilt, some twist. It's the nature of the beast.
              Yeah, I'm with you IronMego. I'm looking forward to the new bandless bodies and plan to try them out . If they are as awesome as they look, I would consider replacing my Series 1 with them, (I would even consider replacing some of the kit bash customs I've done with new bandless bodies ) But it's not a necessity at all , they are pretty solid bodies.

Comment

• ctc
                Fear the monkeybat!
                • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

This is weird.... 12 pages and no rants about how they're ruining the hobby....

Not that I'm compliaining; I think anything that gets more figures out there is great! My only complaint is that they've made figures I already have. But I'm looking forward to the new characters, and the Titans; who're WAY too expensive for me to snag originals.

Don C.

Comment

• scoth70
                  Persistent Member
                  • Oct 17, 2008

yes it is having an effect on the vintage stuff im pretty sure... but.... its something collectors cant do anything about I guess..... as sad as it is...... but originals mean more to me than these reissues.... id have a handful of them at a cheap enough price but certainly wont be collecting these lines no matter how many come out... I still have mego running through my veins not reissues

Not that I'm compliaining; I think anything that gets more figures out there is great! My only complaint is that they've made figures I already have. But I'm looking forward to the new characters, and the Titans; who're WAY too expensive for me to snag originals.

Don C.[/QUOTE]

Comment

• megonaught
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 29, 2008

I don't think it's gonna hurt the hobby.
                    There are people like me that can't afford a moc mego and this is a viable option.
                    I think this is introducing a new genaration to a simpler time of collecting.
                    A time when we ripped our toys out of their packaging and did what we were sposed to do with them.
                    Play with them.
                    Something we have lost over the years.
                    I also am an advacote of the new 5poa mission series Star Wars.
                    They are very vintage like.
                    Action Jackson is his name.
                    Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                      Wake Up Heavy
                      • Jan 31, 2010

Personally I can do without the complaining. Megos weren't made to be collectibles, it's just a happenstance that these things ended up being worth $$ later on. I can still appreciate a mint Kresge carded Batman AND these re-Megos, each for what they are separately, not for how they relate to each other money-wise.

Plus, there was plenty of speculation about how this might "hurt" the secondary market when the figures were first announced.
                      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• zeedox
                        Career Member
                        • Aug 10, 2007

Think of it as Type III Batman etc

Its that cool folks. Really like the new version of the thing.
                        I got my doubles today really astonished they are made so well.
                        They are actually better than vintage in the sense they are NEW TOYS!!

Comment

• powersthatbe
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 27, 2010

got my set today and was very pleased with them.and yes i did switch the bodies with drmegos' (that i had bought months before),but the ftc bodies here have improved since their prior releases and i have no issues(i'm just a fan of drmego's more and the majority of my custom megos have this body type) and my riddler's body was very tight.there's a "silky,shiny" look to the joker's clothes,the mitts are nice and made of a vinyl.it's nice to see a company who invests in making a better product in their future releases and it shows here.

Comment

• enyawd72
                            Maker of Monsters!
                            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by ctc
                            Hmmmm....

Don C.
                            If quality, affordable Megos everyone can buy and enjoy playing with ruin the hobby, then by all means let it be ruined.
                            The rest of us will have fun playing with our toys.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                              Wake Up Heavy
                              • Jan 31, 2010

Amen to that.
                              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• jayraytee
                                Career Member
                                • May 27, 2011

For anyone who thinks reissues are a bad thing; how would they feel if the actual Mego company had reformed and started churning out actual Megos again? I think it would be absolutely awesome. I see this as the next best thing. And as far as them possibly hurting the sales of vintage Megos, I am not so sure, maybe in the short term... but if these increase the fanbase of these type of figures, then the demand for vintage stuff should also increase. Look at the cost of vintage star wars figures, and they are still making star wars figures today... the bigger the market, the higher the demand.
                                My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎