Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

The Retro Batman line was one of the top-ten selling toys for Diamond in December! Congrats!

TOP 10 TOYS

RANK DESCRIPTION ITEM CODE VENDOR
    1. DC COMICS BOMBSHELLS: HARLEY QUINN STATUE JUN130317 DC
    2. METROID OTHER M: SAMUS ARAN FIGMA JUN132073 GOO
    3. METROID OTHER M: SAMUS ARUN "ZERO SUIT" PVC FIGURE JUN132074 GOO
    4. DC: 1966 BATMAN 6-INCH ACTION FIGURES APR131758 MAT
    5. DOCTOR WHO TITANS MINI-FIGURES SERIES 3 JUL131973 TTN
    6. BACK TO THE FUTURE: TIME MACHINE CAR JUN098008 DST
    7. BATMAN RETRO 8-INCH SERIES 1 ACTION FIGURES MAY131800 FIG
    8. MARVEL SELECT: DEADPOOL AF MAR101468 DST
    9. THE WALKING DEAD: DARYL DIXON 10-INCH DELUXE ACTION FIGURE MAY138183 TMP
    10. TERMIANTOR 2: T-800 "BATTLE DAMAGE" HD MASTERPIECE FIGURE FEB131721 ENT
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Iron Mego
      Wake Up Heavy
      • Jan 31, 2010

That's nice to see.
      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• dr_cyclops
        One eyed, wonder
        • Dec 17, 2009

Rumor warning: I heard that some retailers were passing on wave 2 because they didn't believe they could move the S.I. Bruce and Dick figures.
        I really hope that retailers make enough with these new FTC products and re-orders, to thrive in the near future. WGSHs and Batman 66 are so sweet. If FTC is strong enough to hold on to their dream, through thick and thin. We may all be in for the reMego of our dreams.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

I'm also passing on Wave 2....there's just no figures I want in it. I hope it sells well though....because I'm really looking forward to Wave 3.
          sigpic

Comment

• noelani72
            27inaleon
            • Jun 25, 2002

I am waiting on everything after seeing my wave 1 bodies.
            I don't see wave 2 selling out - so they'll go on sale sooooomewhere in the upcoming months, and when they do, I'll buy because the CAT/Zica Type-S body will be out by then and I'll be doing a body swap immediately.
            Wave 3 will be more popular than wave 1 so I might have to swallow my pride and buy those early.

Comment

• jayraytee
              Career Member
              • May 27, 2011

Wave 2 was weak. The Alter Egos garner high prices on the collector market because of rarity, not because of desirability of the character likeness, etc. Wave 3 is somewhat weak in the sense that two of the figures are from wave one.. with a small change and another figure is a old bald guy. Wave 4 really needs to be some hard hitting new heroes with maybe one or two staple heroes. If they dip into rehashed figures from wave 1, 2, or 3 or minor vilians, I would have a little fear about what they do going forward.

They need some momentum in the interest of the Character selection. Otherwise the line is pretty great.
              My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

It would've been good to pepper the Secret Identities throughout the waves. Mix it up a bit.

Eh, what am I complaining about? It's awesome that we are getting these at all. I'm going to go order Wave 2.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                  Mego obsessed!!!
                  • Jul 20, 2010

If FTC gets stuck with alter egos, the could always package the Bruce and Dick duds with future RC Batmans and RM Robins.
                  Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                  My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by BATMAN89
                    If FTC gets stuck with alter egos, the could always package the Bruce and Dick duds with future RC Batmans and RM Robins.
                    That's what they should have done with them in the first place.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Wise4671
                      Banned
                      • Aug 11, 2007

Reality check time. After all these years we are finally getting what we have been wanting and now that we are getting it I can not believe people are b##ching and moaning about what is being released. Some of us (like myself) are fully supporting this line and as long as they stay true to original Mego style I will continue to buy whatever they put out. Like so many before me have said "JUST BUY THE ONES YOU WANT"

Comment

• megonaught
                        Career Member
                        • Jan 29, 2008

I agree
                        Just the fact we are getting an almost a total repoduction of a toy we had as kids is a feat in itself.
                        I always wanted hasbro to reissue vintage star wars and other than the classic 4pk done in 95 it never happend.
                        I am just buying the ones i want. I still havnt gotten series 2 but am only planning on getting the penguin and catwoman.
                        The AE never sparked my intrest as a kid.
                        I was all about the heroes. But i may snag them later if ctvt ends up selling them loose.

Originally posted by Wise4671
                        Reality check time. After all these years we are finally getting what we have been wanting and now that we are getting it I can not believe people are b##ching and moaning about what is being released. Some of us (like myself) are fully supporting this line and as long as they stay true to original Mego style I will continue to buy whatever they put out. Like so many before me have said "JUST BUY THE ONES YOU WANT"
                        Action Jackson is his name.
                        Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                          • Apr 3, 2007

Well, I got my Joker back from FTC yesterday, after sending the one w/ the broken arm back. It's just fine, and no hassles about returning it. Pretty cool!
                          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Figuremod73
                            That 80's guy
                            • Jul 27, 2011

Really an A.I. Bruce could be made with what was already on the site. They look good, hope they do well.

I will be getting a FTC Batman that I ordered in a few days. I cant wait to get a good look at the body underneath. I will most likely put him on a spare T2 though. If the bodies tight, he'll get restrung for another use.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 26, 2009

I agree! I am thrilled FTC is reissuing DC Mego and new! I am buying a CASE of every DC and Batman TV wave! I never had alter egos or Catwoman so looking foward to wave 2 by my 44th birthday Feb. 1. Alfred is a welcome new figure, bring on Babs and Comissioner Gordon!

Comment

• jayraytee
                                Career Member
                                • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by Wise4671
                                I fully support it as well, and don't believe a critique is the same as b**ching and moaning. My comment is really about hoping for the lines success and hoping they don't make bad choices about figure assortments... IF wave 2 is not being carried by retailers in general. If they need the retailers to carry the lines for their success, they might want to pepper the alter egos out a little bit and give the retailers a few more heavy hitters. Retailers might also not reorder Batman and Robin again this soon, even with the removable masks.

They might be in a position where they need to make retailers happy and collectors happy, both, when they might want two different things. Collectors have always focused on the original Mego Alter Ego figures and the removable mask figures... but retailers might not care about those and want Superman, Green Lanturn and Flash. We are just saying don't put all the eggs in one basket.
                                My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎