X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by PNGwynne
    Are we discussing only 7" Titans, or 8" foes, too?
    Ooops. I wanted bad guys for them to fight so bad,I didn't even think about the size.

Comment

• MegoSteve
      Superman's Pal
      • Jun 17, 2005

I'm thinking more along the lines of a 7" tall teen superheroes and not strictly Teen Titans, but I'd love to see a Supergirl and Superboy in smaller scale. Someone else mentioned Zan, Jayna, Mary Marvel, and Captain Marvel Jr. which would be great in 7".

Of the Titans team, I think Beast Boy is a must. I"m a little conflicted about the rest, because my Titans were the New Teen Titans from 1980, and that version of the team was pretty much fully grown young adults that would work in 8" scale.

Comment

• Chris
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 23, 2009

SuperBoy (Teen Titan Scale)
        Cyborg 8"
        Nightwing 8"
        Last edited by Chris; Sep 26, '13, 11:47 AM.
        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

I've asked for clarification as to whether these should be confined to 7" scale, and whether or not we can branch out of the Titan-specific characters. I'm with a lot of you in that I believe the NEW TT characters are better-suited for 8" scale. We're basically looking for three more characters to add to Robin for this next wave. A jump to 8" would need to happen at either wave 3 or 4 I would think, which then begs the question if we're only getting Hawk & Dove in one size, do we really want 7"? The possibilities are pretty awesome.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Hawk could be 8 and Dove 7 inch.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

Anthony pretty much just blew my mind. It's all on the table, 7" or 8", and not confined to characters specifically tied to the Titans. They're already working on a couple of the characters that have been mentioned that if I had made a guess I would have assumed they would have been fairly far off.

With that in mind, it's looking like top picks so far in no particular order are

Cyborg
              Raven
              Starfire
              Beast Boy
              Changeling
              Hawk
              Dove

Does that look right so far?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

After I posted my list, I started to question whether I'd want a 7" Cyborg (I really wouldn't). Glad to hear they are open to using the appropriate size for the character/age.

In that case I want 8" older versions of Kid Flash, Speedy and Aqualad as well!

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                  Anthony pretty much just blew my mind. It's all on the table, 7" or 8", and not confined to characters specifically tied to the Titans. They're already working on a couple of the characters that have been mentioned that if I had made a guess I would have assumed they would have been fairly far off.

With that in mind, it's looking like top picks so far in no particular order are

Cyborg
                  Raven
                  Starfire
                  Beast Boy
                  Changeling
                  Hawk
                  Dove

Does that look right so far?
                  Beast Boy and Changeling are one and the same. Unless they're doing two costumes? Teen Titans/Doom Patrol era and NewTeen Titans era.
                  Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                    Beast Boy and Changeling are one and the same. Unless they're doing two costumes? Teen Titans/Doom Patrol era and NewTeen Titans era.
                    I think of him like I do Robin/Nightwing, which isn't quite the same thing but I would think it would work for figure purposes. Purple costume for one, red/white for the other? 7" Robin and Beast Boy as opposed to 8" Nightwing and Changeling?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

^Gar was always portrayed as younger and short, so one 7" Gar Logan/Beast Boy/Changeling is fine with me. I'd prefer an additional 8" disco Nightwing over more Gars, please.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

Surprised Nightwing isn't a popular choice. But I LOVE the idea of making them 8 inch. I think for modern day purposes and broader market appeal, FTC shouldn't try to conceptualize the "teen" aspect of it and just keep them consistent with the 8 inch scale. Glad to see they have broad ideas for characters. This would interest me tremendously because it would be stuff Mego didn't do which pretty much leaves them free to do their own thing and not have to honor a nostalgic look. I wouldn't have any preconceptions at that point and can just let the figure appear to me on it's own terms. I support this.

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

If it's all fair game, then they need one more 7-inch/Silver Age wave to match the first run

7-Inch Wave 2

Silver Age:

Robin
                          Batgirl
                          Superboy
                          Supergirl

Then make everything else 8-inch

Comment

• MegoSteve
                            Superman's Pal
                            • Jun 17, 2005

I'd love a 7" Jimmy Olsen. To me, the 7" figures should be young teens and sidekicks only. Robin would be a great 7"er, but Nightwing would need to be 8".

Re: Batgirl: was she ever a young teen in the comics? I always thought she was basically an adult, just called "girl." (Like Power Girl.)

Comment

• Scousebadger
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2, 2012

7"
                              Aquagirl
                              Dove
                              Changeling/Beast Boy
                              Terra
                              Wonder Girl (1960s costume)

Billy Batson, Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel Junior in 7"

8"
                              Cyborg
                              Hawk
                              Raven
                              Starfire
                              Nightwing

Also Jericho, 80s Wonder Girl and Deathstroke in 8"
                              Last edited by Scousebadger; Sep 26, '13, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Would love to see a Doom Patrol wave to compliment Beast Boy somewhere down the line.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎