X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by jimsmegos
    I do appreciate the free shipping they are offering over at Entertainment Earth on this and future waves for pre order.... http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hi...d=ME-002202116
    Smart move. Online companies have no idea how much shipping charges eliminates sales. I've lost count of how many times I've canceled orders after I saw the shipping for something. An advertisement like that would get my attention.

Comment

• THE FALCON
      Career Member
      • Jan 2, 2011

I just saw the ad for this. Cool.

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by MIB41
        ^^^ Maybe not. Depending on what they look like, it may make the originals go up in value. They will have to get pretty close in likeness. Those Megos their using as "prototypes" are clearly not the finished product.
        I'm thinking the smaller the figure, the less off the mark they'll get?

Whether they're close or not.... I'm thinking they'll be nicer and/or close enough visually & cheaper than what's been available before in the "Titan repro" area.

I've had the male authentic Titans sitting around since I won them in a lot for next to nothing 15 years ago. I can't wait to get rid of them.

The "expensive vintage figures" are one of the worst things about this hobby. The AEs are a joke (Admittedly, I'm biased.. didn't have 'em as a kid and wouldn't even buy repro versions, I thought they were so useless) I'm a big proponent of seeing that "expensive vintage loose figures market" die... but wouldn't mind pocketing some bucks as it does so.

Never bought a Wonder Girl either.

I'm tellin' ya... if these guys actually RELEASE the Titans wave, it'll be yet one more "proof-positive" that patience is a virtue in this hobby.
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

You know what I like most about Figures Inc. doing the Teen Titans line? It's proof positive that they own the entire DC license and not just Batman. Bring on GREEN LANTERN & The FLASH!!
          sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by The Bat
            You know what I like most about Figures Inc. doing the Teen Titans line? It's proof positive that they own the entire DC license and not just Batman. Bring on GREEN LANTERN & The FLASH!!
            seems like the JLA carrying case was proof enough of that already.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by The Bat
              I was going to joke that you'll get them in time for Christmas... 2014. But it didn't read well.

I'm just going to say that for all the grief I've given this line, if they make classic non-civilian characters that Mego didn't make on these "closer than Mattel" 8 inch bodies, I'll be pretty psyched.

Even prototype pictures would be totally fun to see at this point.
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                seems like the JLA carrying case was proof enough of that already.
                Ok, Good Point. But seeing pictures of actual figures just makes it seem "more real" to me then just a carrying case.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎