• Jun 25, 2001

I like what I see.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Those look great.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• silentj76
        • Aug 25, 2009

They do look awesome, I just went to classic tv toys and ordered batman and robin. I have the original type two batman, robin, riddler, and joker. On Christmas of 79 I received batman and robin, and I thought it would be cool to wait and open these this Christmas. I think they look well made, and the pic is awesome. Looking forward to these, it's going to be hard to try and wait and open these. I hope everyone is happy when the orders arrive, good luck to all.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

So, it looks like Batman comes with some extra emblem stickers. That's a really good idea.

I'm tempted by these, just to have a set carded. SOOOO tempting...

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            So, it looks like Batman comes with some extra emblem stickers. That's a really good idea.
            Great idea!
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Isn't that extra emblem the first edition version that came with the RC Batman? It registers that way.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                Wake Up Heavy
                • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

I'm tempted by these, just to have a set carded. SOOOO tempting...

Chris
                Good eye. And yes, that is a really great idea.
                Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• pmwasson
                  Maker
                  • Sep 12, 2007

Yes, we knew about the extra emblem back in September:

The folks at Figures Toy Co. have production samples in hand and expect to meet the posted delivery dates for the upcoming Batman Retro Series 1. It would be great to examine these up close, but for now pictures will work. There are some subtle and not-so-subtle design differences between these and their Mego forefathers…Read more →

Batman and Robin, however, feature silkscreened emblems. Batman also includes a paper emblem ...
                  Nice to see it is still included.
                  sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

I like the box art a lot. I'd really like it if the figures looked like the box art...

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

I'm wondering how the belts are on Batman and Riddler. Are they stiff like from what I've heard about Doc's? Or are they more like the other plastic belts?

Comment

• Iron Mego
                        Wake Up Heavy
                        • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by pmwasson
                        Yes, we knew about the extra emblem back in September:

The folks at Figures Toy Co. have production samples in hand and expect to meet the posted delivery dates for the upcoming Batman Retro Series 1. It would be great to examine these up close, but for now pictures will work. There are some subtle and not-so-subtle design differences between these and their Mego forefathers…Read more →

Nice to see it is still included.
                        Man, I missed that. Glad they're silkscreened!
                        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

WOW! They look AWESOME! I actually LOVE the darker blue on Batman. It just so happens that I already have a Troy Younger 70's Batman head painted the exact same color...bye, bye molded cowl! The first FTC Custom!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Iron Mego
                            Wake Up Heavy
                            • Jan 31, 2010

Just ordered a set. Will be giving Batman and Robin as Xmas gifts to our friends' twin boys, and the Riddle and Joker will be staying here.
                            Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by MIB41
                              I'll be curious about the reviews on Joker. That jacket looks like an odd fit. Hopefully that's just the way its situated in the card, but not the actual fit. O
                              It appears to me that FTC has patterned the jacket incorrectly, omitting the excess fabric that would form the front lapels--so the back collar fits poorly.

I will say the screening looks excellent, much better than their Dracula.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jayraytee
                                Career Member
                                • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                                It appears to me that FTC has patterned the jacket incorrectly, omitting the excess fabric that would form the front lapels--so the back collar fits poorly.

I will say the screening looks excellent, much better than their Dracula.
                                To me it looks like the jacket on Joker is just pulled down weird in the back, notice the sleeves... they are sort of bunched up as if the jacket is just pulled down on this particular figure. The shoulder seems are about half way down the upper arm.. yeah I think the jacket is not all the way on.
                                My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎