Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BATMAN89
    Mego obsessed!!!
    • Jul 20, 2010

I just sent a 1 oz. package to Canada and it cost $6.55!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
    My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Scousebadger
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by raider5gt
      We have to pay alot over here for postage too,then get hit by customs charges over a certain amount.

Here is the link to their site but I don't know if these prices are the up to date ones?(I have been out of the loop for a few months)

http://figurestoycompany.com/shipping-policy.aspx
      US-UK customs charges have increased dramatically, and you have to add that to the high shipping costs. So I won't be making any orders to CTVT/FTC unless I have a rich uncle I've never heard of suddenly drop dead and leave me all his cash.

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

It's weird that US customs are so high. I just ordered a great big model from Japan and postage was $14. I've been told it's in part 'cos of the processing fees. A parcel in the US stops in every state it goes through, and has to be processed. (It's also why stuff from the US to Canada has such variation in the time it takes to get here.... although they've been pretty fast the last few months.) Stuff from Japan to Canada goes to BC, then straight through to me in Ontario. A lot less processing.

Don C.

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

Getting back to shipping charges at FTC's website, I don't know what to do. I want to order series 1 Batman as Christmas presents for my boys but I also want to order a 12" Knievel for myself. While I'm confident that series 1 will be shipped before Christmas, I wouldn't be surprised to see Evel not shipped until January.

If I order them together, I pay $50 shipping. If I order series 1 and then Evel separately I'll be paying $80 shipping. That's a $30 risk.

I understand that shipping costs are out of the seller's hands but it really sucks being on my end, trying to order stuff.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• toyman
            Just Another Collector
            • Sep 1, 2008

I don't think they have ever charged me extra for shipping as long as everything is ordered at the same time no matter when the items are actually shipped together or separate, also use this code(note12) to save an additional $15 on the order.

Comment

• Relic
              Banned
              • Jun 24, 2012

Not sure about actual figures, but I just sent some Mego clothes in a regular envelope and it only cost $1.25 I have not tried to mail a whole figure to the USA yet. To mail a figure in Canada to another part of Canada cost me 11 dollars. Not sure how this could be done but there should be a point man on either side of the Canada US border that could pick up packages etc to keep costs reasonable. I only live 40 miles from the US border. If I could help in any way please let me know. Maybe parcels from the USA shipped to Canada could be sent to the border store in Minnesota, I could pick them up and then ship for 11 dollars to final Canadian destination. Again not sure if this could even work or even be affordable. Its just an idea at this point.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 28, 2006

Package arrived today.The box was total overkill for 5 figures and some parts,it measured 12" by 18".
                They could have used something half that size for some loose figures.
                Box was damaged during shipping everything was good except blacknight had a busted hand,busted sword and broken shield.
                Overall I'm pretty happy.
                Knights are awesome!!!
                “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎