X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aricosaur
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jul 26, 2013

Originally posted by noelani72
    I don't know why, but these pics really affected me somehow since the first day I saw them (and a couple more on their Facebook wall).
    I'm naive about working conditions in China..I always knew deep down I guess, and to use the expression out-of-sight-out-of-mind, but these pics sort of give me an odd new-found appreciation for what went into these figures.
    Oh come on. That's not that different from how I work on my illustrations, except I sit in a plastic lawn chair and I have a TV to listen to. 'Though the lady in the top pic probably should be wearing a respirator. Of course, a lot of artist in this country don't wear respirators when spraying.

I'm hoping to get the first three waves of Batman 'cause I don't have any original Mego versions.

Comment

• alterego
      • Nov 4, 2012

No offense, Aricosaur..your situation is so NOT like that of a worker in China.

Comment

• megomania
        Persistent Member
        • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by garfoot
        I got this off the Figures Facebook page.

Karyl Miller
        Is everything still on schedule for the 1966 Batman figures? I heard that you guys were having some trouble with the WWF license and that it might effect your other products.

Figures Toy Company not effecting batman.

Okay this is not going to hurt Batman because they probably paid a crap load of money to obtain the license. However, what about all the other properties? I thought it was a bit over zealous to begin with, but with the recent problems I really think a lot of these properties are dead in the water.
        Shouldn't it be "not affecting...."?

-Chris

Comment

• Aricosaur
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jul 26, 2013

Originally posted by alterego
          No offense, Aricosaur..your situation is so NOT like that of a worker in China.
          I'm talking about what I see in these pictures on this thread, which are not different from how artist work in this country, especially independent operators such as myself (I know being an artist is different from a factory worker, I'm talking about the setup in the picture).

What you are talking about is the wider situation in China. Do I work repetitive 18 hour (or whatever) days? Rarely, when I have to meet a deadline but not for more than a few days every once-in-a-while. The problem in China is that they live under totalitarian communism. They need freedom.

Do I wish more toys were made in the U.S.A.? Yes. A lot of K'Nex components are made in the US if you want to buy American (or Lego if you want European.)
          Last edited by Aricosaur; Sep 12, '13, 11:02 AM. Reason: fixed typo

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

There was a Figures Toy Goon standing off to the side with a whip!

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
              Ahhhh........you doubting Chuckases. According to Anthony the WWE situation will not impede FT's plans. Looks like Batman and Joker are coming along nicely.

I am sure the "slavemaster whips" are hanging on the walls somewhere in those photos....just in case they don't meet their quota of 50 painted joker heads per hour.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎