i thought machines did it all?

if so it maybe a while until we see the figures

all kidding aside - I really love the back stage shots -
    "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• EmergencyIan
      Museum Paramedic
      • Aug 31, 2005

We shall see. I hope they pull it, all, off.

- Ian
      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• megocrazy
        Museum Trouble Maker
        • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
        Ahhhh........you doubting Chuckases.
        Only an assumption until sales numbers show. But yes, I am a doubting Chuckas. Must be all the years in purchasing and marketing. I always look at the bottom line on any investment. I would love to see all the obscure 66 villains like Egghead, King Tut, etc, but I guess time will tell. Re-Mego is a difficult place to be. Very few successes overall.
        It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
          Career Member
          • Jun 10, 2007

That looks pretty cool.
          Lynn

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

A tip: When airbrushing, wear a respirator or at least a dust mask. A lung full of paint is no fun.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

No offense, EMCE, but that's Batman and Joker. The concern around here, as you know, is the promise of '66-style and WGSH that haven't been made. When they lose the WWE contract and still drop a wave of West/Ward or Hawkman and Atom, then I'll believe. Until that happens, I would highly recommend a pullback on some of these 12 inch lines. Larry Hagman isn't exactly the hot commodity anymore.

Comment

• jimsmegos
                Mego Dork
                • Nov 9, 2008

Thanks for the pics. It's amazing to think how much real, human labor goes into these and we can still get them for a MSRP of $24.99, let alone actual cost.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jan 17, 2011

While the figures still have to get made, wouldn't the biggest cost actually be acquiring the licenses which they have already done?

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
                    No offense, EMCE, but that's Batman and Joker. The concern around here, as you know, is the promise of '66-style and WGSH that haven't been made. When they lose the WWE contract and still drop a wave of West/Ward or Hawkman and Atom, then I'll believe. Until that happens, I would highly recommend a pullback on some of these 12 inch lines. Larry Hagman isn't exactly the hot commodity anymore.

None taken! I choose hope. They have so much already invested in the licenses that I think they'll go for broke and do whatever it takes to get the first few waves produced. If they tank, sure, I can see the lines dying sooner than we'd like. Fingers crossed.

As for Dallas, on one hand it's a head scratcher. OTOH, I don't think they would gain much or save much by pulling back now. The only specialty part on the figure is the head, everything else will probably be seen again albeit in different colors. May as well produce a run and put the rest in the warehouse for stock or to part out in the future. Personally, I'd have preferred JR in 8" so I could zombie him up to hang out with my Presidential Monsters.

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

Personally, I'd have preferred JR in 8" so I could zombie him up to hang out with my Presidential Monsters.
                      Don't forget Patrick Duffy! We can finally have the Man from Atlantis...or the leg of a giant Scuzzlebutt figure.

Comment

• mego
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 16, 2012

It's incredible how much stuff is actually made by hand. Every painted surface on toys: hand painted.
                        'cheap' guitars: hand built. etc etc etc.
                        Sad to see such poor working conditions. These people get paid practically nothing and die young from some pretty gnarly cancers. I wish there was a way around this problem.... I suppose it all comes down to money.

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Wow... I go on vacation for a week and all heck breaks loose. Well, as critical as I have been of this company, I have remained hopeful with many of their upcoming license previews. While this news does appear ominous based on the company's response, I will choose to remain positive and hope they can turn the corner and make amends with the WWF, so they can retain their current business model. The alternative is not something I wish to think about right now.

Comment

• noelani72
                            27inaleon
                            • Jun 25, 2002

Ahhhh........you doubting Chuckases. According to Anthony the WWE situation will not impede FT's plans. Looks like Batman and Joker are coming along nicely.

I don't know why, but these pics really affected me somehow since the first day I saw them (and a couple more on their Facebook wall).
                            I'm naive about working conditions in China..I always knew deep down I guess, and to use the expression out-of-sight-out-of-mind, but these pics sort of give me an odd new-found appreciation for what went into these figures.

Comment

• garfoot
                              Museum Patron
                              • Aug 28, 2012

I got this off the Figures Facebook page.

Karyl Miller
                              Is everything still on schedule for the 1966 Batman figures? I heard that you guys were having some trouble with the WWF license and that it might effect your other products.

Figures Toy Company not effecting batman.

Okay this is not going to hurt Batman because they probably paid a crap load of money to obtain the license. However, what about all the other properties? I thought it was a bit over zealous to begin with, but with the recent problems I really think a lot of these properties are dead in the water.

Comment

• hedrap
                                Permanent Member
                                • Feb 10, 2009

Why would someone ask?

What do you expect them to reply with? "All hands on deck! We're going down"!

Good. Lord.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎