Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

I just strung it like a type 1 with the knot at the waist.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Cool. Many thanks. I'm going to do that as well with Series One. Series two and the others after that work okay on my end.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

Alright, I found a solution to the wave 2 body that makes them at least stand up straight. If I didn't like the hands and the slim build of these bodies, I would have just put them on original Megos and called it a day.

First, I took the whole thing apart and ditched the rubber bands.
        Then I shaved off the tabs on the torso and scraped off the bumps on the front and back of the waist ball. (notice that the ball is misshapen now. The wave 1 were round, but wave 2 with the notches are angled so the back appears arched. Weird.)
        Then I scraped around the inside of the pelvis in the front and back. It makes the contact of the waist ball with the pelvis more even. Then I restrung them with elastic the way you would string a T1.

And they stand up now!! They're not perfect still, the arms kinda want to pop out some, but it's a vast improvement.

I can take pics of the process if anyone is interested.
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• jimsmegos
          Mego Dork
          • Nov 9, 2008

What I did with my Wave 1's was to just make the rubber bands vertical i.e. left arm / left leg - right arm / right leg .. worked really well.

Comment

• K
            Fun Will Now Commence
            • Jun 20, 2001

Thanks to all of you: you were right on about the series 1. I just got a set from BBTS and I knew ahead of time what to expect, thanks to you fine folks. I wanted the series 1 costumes. I may try your suggestion, jimsmegos of just altering the rubber band orientation. Is it tough to do?
            I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎