Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

I received the Hotter than Hell figures (loose) today and they too have the improved quality I saw from the Sonic Boom Gene figure I previously purchased. I won't mince words - I'm liking these figures. The quality is there and I like the head sculpts on these to boot. So that makes FIVE figures I've picked up from FTC loose that have scored high. This is starting to make a believer out of me. And it's such a relief to feel some optimism coming back for this company. But as a consumer, I feel inclined to always call it as I see it. And hopefully, through that process, some balance is achieved between the good and the bad. I think with the lower prices, I'm inclined to dial back criticisms I might otherwise have if I paid full price. Although in this case I got both the quality and the good price. But it also serves as a reminder (for myself) that collecting figures should first and foremost be fun. When I can get them at this price, they become something I can just enjoy instead of wondering whether I got my money's worth. There's something to be said for that.

Comment

• jimsmegos
      Mego Dork
      • Nov 9, 2008

Originally posted by MIB41
      I received the Hotter than Hell figures (loose) today and they too have the improved quality I saw from the Sonic Boom Gene figure I previously purchased. I won't mince words - I'm liking these figures. The quality is there and I like the head sculpts on these to boot. So that makes FIVE figures I've picked up from FTC loose that have scored high. This is starting to make a believer out of me. And it's such a relief to feel some optimism coming back for this company. But as a consumer, I feel inclined to always call it as I see it. And hopefully, through that process, some balance is achieved between the good and the bad. I think with the lower prices, I'm inclined to dial back criticisms I might otherwise have if I paid full price. Although in this case I got both the quality and the good price. But it also serves as a reminder (for myself) that collecting figures should first and foremost be fun. When I can get them at this price, they become something I can just enjoy instead of wondering whether I got my money's worth. There's something to be said for that.
      very well said!

Comment

• VintageMike
        Permanent Member
        • Dec 16, 2004

Originally posted by Iron Mego
        I bet they'll do this with the Super-Hero stuff, too.
        I have to think that factored into the license. So many incomplete Bat figures out there alone that it's plus for them if they they can offer those parts.

Comment

• actjac01
          Veteran Member
          • May 17, 2009

Another sign to me that Figure Toys/CTVT is 'upping' their game!
          "...You can capture the Klingon & bring him back to the Enterprise!"

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎