Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megalomaniac001
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 24, 2009

Wow!! This is great to hear. I am all in!! I have mixed feelings on the repo's. I want them to make repo's of the ones Mego made, but I would also like to see new and improved versions as well. I think Figures Inc would be wise to stay away from making characters Mattel made, at least for a while. I would like to see a better Flash at some point however! Oh, how about releasing a set in late November?? I have yet to fulfill my dream of having new Mego superhero's under the Christmas tree! (Seemed to miss all the releases for the Mattel figures until January)

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 22, 2011

Want all exact replicas first then give me whoever they want to add.

Comment

• mego maniac mark
        Career Member
        • Aug 3, 2010

This is sweet music to my ears. They have the dc universe, oh boy.
        I need to work on my sign.....will work for megos
        mego's befo ho's

Comment

• fallensaviour
          Talkative Member
          • Aug 28, 2006

Wow,simply wow.
          Great interview it answereed alot of questions and then some.
          I'm jaked about this news,the whole DC line!!!!
          Vehicles,playsets,Gilligan in 8',new sculpts for dukes.
          Will this crazy news ever stop!?!?!?!?!?
          “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Figuremod73
            That 80's guy
            • Jul 27, 2011

Im hoping as time progresses that they can get the likenesses from actors of other popular superhero shows as well.

I really would like to see two versions of Isis: One a repro of the original Mego and another closer to her actual likeness.

Maybe that White Shark will finally happen.

Comment

• garfoot
              Museum Patron
              • Aug 28, 2012

This is me dreaming, " I would like a complete set of all DC Megos mint on card please". This is reality, "Okay" says Figures Toy Company. Honestly I am so excited about this awesome news. I always wanted these figures but being on a limited budget I could never get these mint on card. I bought some Mattel ones but they were just not Mego. At $25 each these figures have my name written all over them. I mean come on 16 for $400, this rocks!!!! Then add on the fact they want to remake the playsets and vehicles, Figures you are my new favorite company. I can finally have a Wayne Manor or Hall of Justice! It may have taken 35 years to wait but the child in me can't be contained!!!! I will buy all vehicles, playsets, and figures from you guys. Thanks again from all of us kids of the 1970's.

Comment

• toywizzard
                • Nov 4, 2012

The originals will always be my first choice but for someone like me collecting on a budget these will do just fine,lets just hope we can get the Marvel characters somewhere down the line and if not I'm thankful for what they are giving us.

Comment

• piecemaker
                  There's no need to fear..
                  • Jan 26, 2009

The Dukes of Hazzard are looking great,cant wait to see Daisy and i'm glad they decided to go with the 8" Skipper and Gilligan.I hope this leads to all the castaways being done.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 26, 2009

I still cannot believe this DC news myself! It was only 3 weeks ago we got the Batman and other news. I thought Figures would wait to see Batman sales before going after all DC maybe in 2014! But BAM less than a month later it happens! My dream come true! I am 43 and Mego DC figures were my 1st childhood superhero figures! I can remember where I got them all! To actually own these again MOC $24.99 each! Batgirl, Shazam, Green Arrow! UNBELIEVABLE! Vehcles and playsets too! Finally Wayne Foundation! And NEW DC! Figures is my new #1 toy company and DC Megos are its key to success! Now bring on MARVEL, too!

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                      Persistent Member
                      • Apr 28, 2013

Wow, excellent interview. I am loving what I have seen for the Batman TV show. The 12 Dukes looked great and the clothing fits nicely.
                      Whole DC Universe at their fingertips? I would love to see Ditko' Shade the Changing Man and the DOOM Patrol (Robotman, Beastboy, Elasti-Girl, Negative Man, and Mento). I would LOVE to see the new OMAC on Doc' muscle body.

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
                        Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
                        • Mar 3, 2010

All of this is such great news, and just reading their last statement was the icing on the cake for me,

"We recognize the concerns that went along with our products being made in India in 2005. Let me assure you that all of our product is being made in China and I am quite confident to state that we will compare the quality of our products with any other toy company. Our sculpting will be top notch. We own the rights to some fantastic licenses and it is our responsibility to give back to the collector nothing less than great products."

All the licenses are great, and it seems for sure that the quality will be there too! Count me in!
                        Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• jds1911a1
                          Alan Scott is the best GL
                          • Aug 8, 2007

Amazing news. It's too bad I spent good money on that junk from Mattel. I hope to see a challenge of the superfriends styled batman & robin, Bizarro & Brainiac, bronze age comic accurate costume Speedy, Filmation style batmobile, and eventually superfriends styled GL, Flash, and Luthor, BRONZE AGE Hawkman, golden AGE

Comment

• powersthatbe
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 27, 2010

is it possible these will be sold at TRU since they also sell DST and Neca toys and such(i don't expect target or walmart to sell them)I have zilch problems ordering online from fine sites like BBTS or FTC's own site but i'd be tickled if i walked into a TRU and saw these on the pegs.my dc want list would be hawkman,the jsa,red tornado

Comment

• Iron Mego
                              Wake Up Heavy
                              • Jan 31, 2010

Everything I've read has said "specialty" stores. So probably comic book shops, record stores and novelty shops (like Hot Topic).
                              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Chris
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by Iron Mego
                                Everything I've read has said "specialty" stores. So probably comic book shops, record stores and novelty shops (like Hot Topic).
                                Their Mad Monster series was in my local comicbook store this past wknd so that would make sense.

It's interesting that they don't wait for SDCC or Toy Fair.
                                If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎