Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drmego
    EMCE Toys
    • Jun 15, 2001

I will admit that I don't know the details of this deal, but I believe that Figures got just the classic Batman license, not
    DC Superheroes. I suspect these megos are the fastest, easiest figures to get to market while they work on TV show
    figures.
    www.drmego.com
    www.megoman.com
    www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• mego
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 16, 2012

I'm not sure this is 'great news'. Figures has proven time and time again to produce inferior products. Any informed consumer should be weary of any product from these guys. It's a real shame, considering that there are many companies that can do these things right. Figures Toy Company's lack of improvement shows contempt for their customers.

Comment

• Timothy2251
        Jerks beef with Ten Bears
        • Mar 15, 2008

The price for these figures is what's going to determine if I get any or not. Like most here, I already have original Mego versions of all four, and having replicas to muck about with would be neat. But if the price is jacked up, I'll pass, especially with CTVT's past problems with figure bodies (I sincerely hope those were rectified. If not, no problem - put the parts on a Dr. Mego body! With swivel-arms!).

If Dr. Mego/EMCE had only got the license, it'd be a no-brainer - we'd ALL buy 'em the day of release, then there'd be much rejoicing, speculating on what characters Doc would do next, etc. Doc's stuff is THAT good.
        "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 22, 2011

The first series in their new line of " World's Greatest Heroes ! "

This wouls suggest to me that it is not only a Batman line but that Batman characters are the first to be released in the line. These are not Batman '66 characters. They are comic versions of the characters that existed at the time. I don't doubt that all the Batman '66 hype may have brought this about but let's hope it's goint to last beyond the Batman '66 hype.

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
            The first series in their new line of " World's Greatest Heroes ! "
            I noticed the press release didn't say "Super-Heroes". I believe that's a trademark still jointly owned by DC and Marvel so maybe
            they don't have a Marvel license locked in at this moment as some have speculated?
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Spyweb007
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 18, 2006

CTVT has han't had the best quality, especially with the bodies on their figures, but they must have the cash to pay for some of these big licenses they have started to tackle. I beleive the Kiss bodies, while still strung to tight, are not as brittle and prone to breaking as their earlier products, and I've never had much of a problem with the heads, clothing or accessories they sell. It would be great to see Doc and EMCE get this line, we all know Doc has the passion for it and puts out quality products, but the financial backing needed must be huge. It would be great to combine the best of all the different companies making Re-Mego figures into one product, as each has their own strengths and weaknesses. There is enough talent, creativity and knowledge here at the museum to create a fantastic line of figures, but there is always the money issue to deal with, which unfortunately is the biggest hurdle.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

Is there any reason why there isn't a representative from CTVT/Figures Inc as a member here as a spokesman like there are from EMCE, BBP, ZICA,Castaway?
                It'd be nice to hear things from the horse's mouth instead of reading into their press releases and speculating all of the time....Especially with some of the major
                announcements they've had of late.
                Just wondering...

Comment

• Figuremod73
                  That 80's guy
                  • Jul 27, 2011

I'm wondering if they will sell their parts separately or just as a whole figure.
                  I could see alot of Dark Knight customs coming if they did.

Comment

• Scousebadger
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                    Is there any reason why there isn't a representative from CTVT/Figures Inc as a member here as a spokesman like there are from EMCE, BBP, ZICA,Castaway?
                    It'd be nice to hear things from the horse's mouth instead of reading into their press releases and speculating all of the time....Especially with some of the major
                    announcements they've had of late.
                    Just wondering...
                    CVTV have had numerous bad reviews on here. Maybe they feel defensive about that.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Scousebadger
                      CVTV have had numerous bad reviews on here. Maybe they feel defensive about that.
                      Well so have other companies but they roll with the punches

Comment

• Chris
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
                        The retro action line made my job as a moderator here a real chore and I'm just not looking forward to daily battles and passive aggressive daily thread crapping over price point, quality and every nit that can be picked about something that in all honestly, is just a fun little luxury in our lives.
                        Well stated. Thank you.
                        Last edited by Chris; Apr 13, '13, 11:44 AM.
                        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by drmego
                          I will admit that I don't know the details of this deal, but I believe that Figures got just the classic Batman license, not
                          DC Superheroes. I suspect these megos are the fastest, easiest figures to get to market while they work on TV show
                          figures.
                          That makes sense... and would follow the pattern they used for the Kiss figures.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 4, 2011

While I am seriously bummed that Doc won't be involved (thanks for the brown Zaius boots btw. They are great!), I for one would love to see Batman and the gang back on store shelves and on websites. AND in my mail box! Let's just hope they are good quality and offer new characters!

Comment

• Jason73
                              Correctamundo!
                              • Jan 11, 2009

I wonder if they will expand to 12 inch Super Heroes?
                              Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• Goblin19
                                Talkative Member
                                • May 2, 2002

If they expand the line / do 66 figures, I'll be in for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎