Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayraytee
    Career Member
    • May 27, 2011

I was kind of wondering if DC looks at CTTV and EMCE as two very different animals. Think about it like this; EMCE remade the characters and had them in Toys R Us... if this news is true, CTTV is reproducing original Megos for a collector market. Mattel might not of felt like they could repro the old mego figures for mass market so they wanted them retooled, if CTTV only has permission to repro the old figures for a limited market, DC might just see them as a different animal all together.
    My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• bondtoddbond
      Mego Museum Super Spy
      • Aug 14, 2009

I don't see an issue if they remake the Mego figures. It would be great if Dr. Mego would be behind them to see they were done right. I would rather they made them a little different so it wouldn't be like buying figures that you already own with the originals. It could introduce a problem where people use repro parts and original parts to complete figures and then when someone else, who is clueless, sells them as all original.
      sigpic "It's like you're unravelling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Comment

• LadyZod
        Superman's Gal Pal
        • Jan 27, 2007

I know I will buy a set of Batman and Robin to glue magnets to their feet and attach them to my fridge. Just can't bring myself to do that to real Megos. But I'll be glad to destroy repros.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
        Check out my art:
        Art Portfolio@Redbubble
        Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• drmego
          EMCE Toys
          • Jun 15, 2001

I heard a few weeks ago that Figures had the '66 Batman for 8 inch and it depressed me.

WB controls the licensing now and my understanding was that if you bring a big enough check,
          and the master licensor is not putting out in that scale, you can have the license.

I don't have that much money. I wish I did.

I opened the 8 inch Gene Simmons and found the quality of the plastic was better but the
          bodies were assembled awkwardly.

Expect these figures to be cheap copies of the originals.

That being said, I wish them luck. Unfortunately the prices will be high because of what they
          have to pay Warner Bros.

I wasn't interested in making dollar store versions of MEGO - I wanted to make the characters
          never made. At least Figures won't have Mattel controlling their production. I hope it's worth
          the money spent on the license.
          www.drmego.com
          www.megoman.com
          www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 22, 2011

If the quality is good I for one am very happy they are exact replicas. I still love the Mattel Retro Action for what they are but I have spent thousands on high grade Mego WGSH MIB originals but this will allow me to have the characters I had as a kid and not have to pay insane prices for originals. If done correctly I see it as a great addition to the Re-Mego collectables we are blessed with these days. These guys may be just the company to give us DC, Marvel, Tarzan, Conan and Isis. If they can afford the DC license... who knows ? I am probably dreaming big here but a complete set of WGSH replicas and extensions after that would be too good to be true. Now... as for the packaging... Figures/CTVT needs to loose the bulky clamshell they use on the KISS figures and go with something closer to the ones DST/EMCE uses. Too bad they won't be boxed.

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

hopes they go after Marvel too...replica's of Cap and Thor Yes!

Comment

• drogge
                Career Member
                • Jul 24, 2009

I am excited, I just wish Dr. Mego was involved. EMCE should partner. This is exciting because Classic Toys has a reputation for extending the product lines and making new figures. Look at the additions from the Happy Days line, this is going ot be awesome. I can see dozens of new figures. These will fly off the shelves. And to think I thought WGSH line was dead. I have a feeling Classic Toys will amp up the quality, they know the mass appeal related to this line. The article said, first in the series, so there are more planned. I wonder will they will be available, I bet quickly since they have pics. Most likely this summer.

Comment

• Goblin19
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 2, 2002

I really wish it was the 66 line and Doc was doing it. If they did that line, I'd be beyomd thrilled.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                    Career Member
                    • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by HumanWolfman
                    While this is a cool development and I hope it is true, I am still sad the Dr Mego was not at the helm. His love for Mego is unmatched. In fact, I will go as far as to say Dr Mego has done more for mego than mego has!
                    TOTALLY AGREE, however, The capital that the Dr would need to obtain the license would be astronomical. He would need a minimum of 500,000.00 just for the licensing "an assumption"
                    If any of you would like to help him with bank rolling the 66 figures... I'll put in to the kitty ; ) just saying. I would SO love to see a 66 line manufactured the right way. A removeable cowl Adam West batman with communicator and batarang. Robin with batarang and shield. Alfred. Commissioner Gordon. Chief Ohara.
                    alter ego Bruce Wayne with Shakespear bust and Dick Grayson with red phone. I gotta stop. I'm starting to drool.
                    "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                      Career Member
                      • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by Teemu
                      hopes they go after Marvel too...replica's of Cap and Thor Yes!
                      All the Marvel line would be great. I would love to collect those. All I have in my collection is a Hulk and he has loose joints pretty sad : (
                      "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• BATMAN89
                        Mego obsessed!!!
                        • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by drmego
                        I heard a few weeks ago that Figures had the '66 Batman for 8 inch and it depressed me.
                        Ya, it kinda depresses me too. You deserve to get a shot at doing this line!
                        I am sure that most of our members here agree on that.
                        There a so many things in the world that are just not right. This is one of them.
                        Last edited by BATMAN89; Apr 13, '13, 10:23 AM.
                        Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                        My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Captain
                          Fighting the good fight!
                          • Jun 17, 2001

So they just have Batman then right? Somebody else could pound on the door and get a Superman, or Justice League license still?
                          If this is an offshoot for 66 Bats licensing, someone could theoretically go after a different Batman aspect--Super Friends, comic book, movie, etc... as well I'm guessing (hoping!!!)
                          "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Cosmicman
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 12, 2005

I reflect when it comes to Classic TV Toys over the years you have to acknowledge the superiority of their material has enhanced. Have you been to their page of late and perceived the items they have been adding to their page?
                            Something tells me the person(s) over there are not sleeping on the job.

If you know a replica or a toy corporation that ships items that fast please tell me. I was exceptionally skeptic in the commencement when Classic TV Toys had decided to step into the ring with the “big boys” when it came to manufacturing reproduction pieces. A lot of people I talk to on this site tell me that they don’t have the utmost of work when it comes to the economy in recent times and they have went and gave Classic TV Toys a shot and were 100% contented with their outcome.

I can tell you that if you obtain a part from Classic TV Toys and it is not up to your standard or it appears defective or busted. Just send a well-mannered email (without being loathsome) and that mystifying person(s) behind the store curtain at Classic TV Toys all the time and always will replace the item without a protest. That to me sounds like a company that is alarmed a lot about their product’s quality. I am in no doubt that they have a lot of orders and it sometimes happen that a few parts are junk they may have been broke and unintentionally thrown in a box, stuff happens.

Just look in the recent of all the recent added extras at Classic TV Toys added to their customs page menu...and now they are adding Batman retro reproduction characters?
                            I hate to put the boot to Dr. Mego (he’s a nice guy also) but it sounds like Classic TV Toys has some appealing and interesting lawyers (or sharks) tossing them some serious cash to get involved with Gene Simmons (for the KISS stuff) and now plunging into the DC bazaar? Wow!

I think a big shot fell asleep on the button at Mattel.
                            Dr. Mego perhaps should have taken a diverse direction but I know how it is. Dr. Mego is the kind of guy that requests 100% excellence and regrettably Mattel wasn’t capable to put up the big bucks for new characters to be added. Kind of tells you what kind of a business Mattel is, huh?

Good for that person(s) who is behind the face at Classic TV Toys. I bet you that person(s) and all of his employees have figured out the elucidation to mass manufacture reproduction pieces without getting their hands stomped on by big corporations. They appear to have a lot of tremendous people working for them.

I cannot wait for a complete reproduction on a classic real retro Mego figure. You can always keep Dr. Mego in the circle and buy his bodies if you still have concerns with the Classic TV Toys bodies within the reproduction parts. It’s not the end of the world and I am in fact relatively keyed up that this at-last come about. I knew it was going to take place sooner or later just didn’t plan this shortly. Way to go!

Oh yeah somebody mentioned Batman 60s stuff? There's a rumor mill spinning about a limited series digital comic book coming out in that form. Maybe these Batman figures are tied to it? Don't know but it sounds kind of fishy.
                            Last edited by Cosmicman; Apr 13, '13, 10:50 AM.
                            More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• VintageMike
                              Permanent Member
                              • Dec 16, 2004

Originally posted by drmego

WB controls the licensing now and my understanding was that if you bring a big enough check,
                              and the master licensor is not putting out in that scale, you can have the license.
                              Whatever else may come out of this, this is great news. Like everyone else I wish you had been able to do your vision. I'm sure everyone agrees with that. That said, the fact that a company like Mattel can no longer just sit on something is great. If there is someone with enough money and the desire, things can actually happen.

Comment

• garfoot
                                Museum Patron
                                • Aug 28, 2012

I am very excited about this news. Like many of us, I haved tried to buy toys that bring back my youth. Being a child in the 1970's I have my love for SMDM, Star Wars, Star Trek, and WGSH. I have been able to get the repros on the first three, but the superheroes line always was way too expensive for my budget. Now, if this turns out to be true, I will be able to add these great characters to my collection. I know they mentioned that this was series one, and I can't imagine what others they might make. Just look at Classictvtoys lines, Happy Days, Space 1999,etc. They have a wide range of characters. Can you imagine getting every superhero from the WGSH line made? That would be awesome. I wish them well and hope things turn out great.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎