Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boynightwing
    That Carl Guy
    • Apr 24, 2002

I see a lot of speculation for what might be. Some of that is pretty darn awesome. However, I get the impression these are just going to be straight up reproductions of the originals. Hasbro did that a few years ago with Transformers. If you had Optimus Prime as a kid but he didn't survive, it was a good chance to own him again. I like that they're doing it. I have Batman, Robin, and Joker. My Joker is right from my childhood. I never had Riddler.

Since we're making a wishlist, I hope they do some Avengers. I don't have many Marvel Mego's and this would be a great way to get them. I need Iron Man and Thor. I have Cap, Spidey, and Hulk.

Comment

• megocrazy
      Museum Trouble Maker
      • Feb 18, 2007

I can totally see Brian's point. Many of us are never happy either way. Few were harder on Mattel than me. Mainly because I watched the entire thing come to fruition from a closer point than most did and was just amazed at the lack of quality that was shown and knowing what Doc went through to show them and their refusal to simply listen. Not to mention what it could have been had it been done right. Who knows how far it could have gone. The same person that over saw the Universal monsters was involved with Mattel on the Retro line. How did one end up being dead on and the other not so much. Someone listened and someone felt they were to good to.

I know the KISS license had to be a decent amount to get and reports here are that, while better, the bodies still have some issues. If they felt that was good enough for KISS I don't see why they would redesign for this line a third time. Maybe I'm wrong. If not, I'll still play the head swap deal if I have to, as I did with the retro's if they offer new characters, as long as the price point isn't outrageous. Like most that voiced opinions here, I want to see new guys, not rehashes. If it results in that, more power to them and thanks for taking the chance. Tune in tomorrow. Same Bat Time....Same Bat Channel.
      It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, I'm off the internet for two days, and this happens. Holy crap!!!

I'm not sure how I feel about this...

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• drogge
          Career Member
          • Jul 24, 2009

I highly doubt this line is 66 Batman, looks to be a repro line. I'll bet the 66 line will be a different set.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

kids are the big winner here.

^Yeah, that's true. Desptie my misgivings on straight repros, the fact that my kids can have Mego-like Batman characters is cool, not matter how you slice it. I'm a little mixed on it for myself, but the kiddos will love them.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

i'll get them but i'm not thrilled that figurestoys has the license,their bodies are horrid and extremely fragile,a forty year old mego would up better in quality today then what they will put out.i hope they don't have the license for 66 batman,if they do they must have made some dough over the years to obtain such a license.

Comment

• kerowack
                Career Member
                • Feb 27, 2008

Everybody who is excited about these for kids....what kids are getting their hands on these? Kids of Mego collectors? Sure. But those kids probably already have a bucket full of Mego figures. Kids of non collectors? A. Will never see these. B. will not have a parent shell out 20 for one figure. C. Want the batman that THEY know.

There are tons of kids in my family. They want video games and batman wears black in their world. These are for US. The average parent isn't hunting out specialty shops to purchase an obscure toy company's rerelease of a forty year old figure line.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                  Moderation Engineer
                  • Aug 14, 2003

While I agree these are aimed at us, I wouldn't be surprised if some make it into the hands of children through their LCS.

I'm pretty excited about the 1966 line. I have gotten to see a few of the prototype sculpts and they're pretty good. I have high hopes based on what they have shared, and I expect them to have an official announcement ready soon. The breadth of what they intend to do is pretty impressive, but I can't say more until they give us the go ahead.

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                      I'm pretty excited about the 1966 line. I have gotten to see a few of the prototype sculpts and they're pretty good. I have high hopes based on what they have shared, and I expect them to have an official announcement ready soon. The breadth of what they intend to do is pretty impressive, but I can't say more until they give us the go ahead.
                      So you've seen the head sculpts for the 8 inch scaled figures? And they're looking good? Plus this line will be extensive? Now that has my attention. I know no one has mentioned it yet, but it would be cool if they redid the Batcave exactly the way Mego did it. How much different is that in materials from the Mego Mad Monsters castle? H*ll, even I would buy that at the drop of a hat.

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

While I agree these are aimed at us, I wouldn't be surprised if some make it into the hands of children through their LCS.

So then the deduction, that this stemmed from going after the 66 license, was correct.

They know we, the audience focus which Kerowack is right on, are going to scrap the bodies if they're junk for a number of options. So why invest more, especially if you're not going retail?

So we're paying 25 for the molds, clothing, cardbacks. If that's the price, then I'll end up buying them because my kids love the 66 show.

If its more than that, they're going to have a problem moving more then 1 set/per person.

For my personal record, I'd like to state I think it sucks big sweatty ballz David Lee or Zica Craig weren't the ones to grab this. If any official line should have stemmed from the Museum, it's this one.
                        Last edited by hedrap; Apr 15, '13, 8:48 AM.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                          Moderation Engineer
                          • Aug 14, 2003

I think it sucks that I'm not the one making them. That being said, nothing underhanded happened. The license was available, and Figures Inc. made the deal. I believe they are making every effort to bring a quality product to market. If it works out as they intend, it won't be a Munsters or RAH scenario where the bodies get chucked. My biggest worry is what body they'll use for the females and if the heads will be in scale. I have yet to see an acceptable female body from them, and hero heads are way less forgiving than KISS figures with painted faces and Peg Bundy hair.

Comment

• ScottA
                            Original Member
                            • Jun 25, 2001

This might be a game changer if done right. Looking forward to seeing pictures.
                            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Goblin19
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 2, 2002

Wow, a 66 line. I think that's a dream come true for most of us. The more extensive, the better.

Comment

• hedrap
                                Permanent Member
                                • Feb 10, 2009

I think it sucks that I'm not the one making them. That being said, nothing underhanded happened. The license was available, and Figures Inc. made the deal. I believe they are making every effort to bring a quality product to market. If it works out as they intend, it won't be a Munsters or RAH scenario where the bodies get chucked. My biggest worry is what body they'll use for the females and if the heads will be in scale. I have yet to see an acceptable female body from them, and hero heads are way less forgiving than KISS figures with painted faces and Peg Bundy hair.
                                I wasn't trying to imply it was underhanded. If I did, that's my bad.

I think A LOT of us are still trying to wrap our heads around the idea that no one here knew DC was open to this licensing.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎