• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

GI Joe : Now with Killing!

Topless Robot - G.I. Joe Resolute Is Resolutely Awesome

I just watched the footage of the new "for adults" G.I. Joe cartoon, it's pretty much the old cartoon but with bullets and violence. No more laser bolts and parachutes.

I can't get over how weird that is to see.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

oh man that looks bad ***!!! when and where is this suppose to come out? I can't wait
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• trekercollecter
      Museum Patron
      • May 22, 2008

Oh man that is awesome! I can't wait for the DVD!

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

what's funny is,that in the old cartoons no one ever died.If you notice no matter how many planes would go down you always saw the Cobra soldier on a parachute landing

Comment

• LadyZod
          Superman's Gal Pal
          • Jan 27, 2007

I kinda liked the innocent times of laser battles and with the no dying...

It's the same thing as superhero battles where they destroy a city and no one gets hurt.

I don't know. Sure I wanna watch it, but it bothers me a little to see Snakeyes killing poor cobra troopers. I mean, they have families too. Probably depend on his salary to get by. You think Cobra has life insurance?
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
          Check out my art:
          Art Portfolio@Redbubble
          Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by LadyZod
            I kinda liked the innocent times of laser battles and with the no dying...

It's the same thing as superhero battles where they destroy a city and no one gets hurt.

I don't know. Sure I wanna watch it, but it bothers me a little to see Snakeyes killing poor cobra troopers. I mean, they have families too. Probably depend on his salary to get by. You think Cobra has life insurance?
            lol! yeah don't you remember that episode when shipwreck and Snake eyes sneak in the recruiting base? it was talking about all the benefits of joining Cobra

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

what's funny is,that in the old cartoons no one ever died.If you notice no matter how many planes would go down you always saw the Cobra soldier on a parachute landing
              I heard that Duke was initially supposed to die in GI Joe: The Movie, but Marvel Studios or Hasbro backed out at the last minute. I guess it's okay to slaughter non-human robots in Transformers: The Movie left and right, but not pink fleshy people.

That movie stunk on ice with its "did anyone really want this" introduction of Cobra-La, but man that opening sequence was AWESOME.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                OH JES!!
                • Jul 21, 2005

It looks cool.....indifferent about having the need for the realism. My real question is when are they going to come out with a 70's version of Gi joe the adventure team...with Eagle eye Joe, Bulletman and company...

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by kingdom warrior
                  It looks cool.....indifferent about having the need for the realism. My real question is when are they going to come out with a 70's version of Gi joe the adventure team...with Eagle eye Joe, Bulletman and company...
                  naw that would suck,there's only like 10 different ones,atleast with the 80's one you get 100's of characters

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                    OH JES!!
                    • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by toys2cool
                    naw that would suck,there's only like 10 different ones,atleast with the 80's one you get 100's of characters
                    True but you can make it a comedy......come on Will ferrell as Eagle Eye Joe, Ben Stiller as Bulletman, Chris Rock as the African American Joe, Jack Black as the Atomic Man,Seth Rogan as the navy Joe...and any Big Wrestler as The intruder come on D you know you'd pay to see this.

Comment

• toys2cool
                      Ultimate Mego Warrior
                      • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by kingdom warrior
                      True but you can make it a comedy......come on Will ferrell as Eagle Eye Joe, Ben Stiller as Bulletman, Chris Rock as the African American Joe, Jack Black as the Atomic Man,Seth Rogan as the navy Joe...and any Big Wrestler as The intruder come on D you know you'd pay to see this.
                      lol! I probably would

Comment

• ctc
                        Fear the monkeybat!
                        • Aug 16, 2001

>I heard that Duke was initially supposed to die in GI Joe: The Movie, but Marvel Studios or Hasbro backed out at the last minute.

Yup. That's why he disappears after getting stabbed, and at the end when everyone's cheering their victory you hear someone in the crowd yell "Duke's OKAY!!!"

>I guess it's okay to slaughter non-human robots

Yup! That's why cartoon bad guys always had armies of robots; so's you wouldn't offend the parent groups by beating on them. even if they're SENTIENT robots. Makes no dif.

Concerned citizens REALLY bother me....

>My real question is when are they going to come out with a 70's version

The 60's/70's Joe was in the 80's comic. Best quote EVER:" I thought you'd be... bigger."

Don C.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎