Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New MOTU Origins and Masterverse pre-orders tomorrow.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

New MOTU Origins and Masterverse pre-orders tomorrow.

Yay, more snake men. I'm sure figures based on unreleased sketches and another created just for the new Snake Mountain box art would sell way better than fan favorites like Two-bad and Catra.

Seriously though as if the oversaturation of Snake Men didn't do enough damage to Origins this year.

New Masters Of The Universe Masterverse And Origins Figures Revealed With Pre-Orders Launching Tomorrow (10/4)

The Stranger Things 2 pack is an easy pass.

More release info.

Last edited by Werewolf; Oct 3, '23, 2:54 PM. Reason: added link
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • KingKickass1983
    Career Member
    • Jan 19, 2019

I think I might be done with this line....

I'd like to at least complete the Rulers of the Sun sub set...but even that is not looking good as I refuse to pay Scalper prices for Duplico..
    Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 22, 2011

I'll definitely get the Filmation ones and the rest of the ones based on the original toys that Mattel Creations will be doing. Other than those I would only get ones based on original mini comics and the 87 film. Not interested in new creations and ones based on toys that were not originally part of MOTU like Sun Man.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 22, 2011

The first wave of Filmation and some reissues up for preorder on BBTS this morning. Also new Masterverse up for preorder.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

I think Origins certainly could have been managed better this year. Spotty retail distribution, weak assortments, etc. They are definitely righting the ship with the cartoon figures. Having all the most popular characters in their iconic Filmation looks back at retail is a smart move. These are also some of the nicest sculpts they've done. Cartoon Teela looks fantastic. I think it's the best Teela figure so far. Huge improvement over the comic con prototype.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• B-Lister
            Eccentric Weirdo
            • Mar 19, 2010

I think moving the main line to online in favor of the cartoon sculpts is a bad idea.

Always hated the cartoon look, and I feel it is inferior to the look of the actual original toyine.

But, since Mattel doesn't seem to know how to market these toys to kids, and is chasing an ever aging nostalgia audience of adults, we have to endure the ugly animated stuff.

I was done wirh this line a year ago, since we got nothing beyond the Jitsu wave. I guess that's when Mattel decided to throw in the towel too.

$40 for a Moss Man? Should be illegal.
            Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

The Filmation cartoon is my favorite version of MOTU. But there's no version of 80s MOTU I dislike DC comics, Star comics, mini comics, story books, ect. Love or hate it there is no denying the cartoon looks are the most iconic. It's the cartoon that has kept the brand alive for decades. The most of popular MOTU toy figures have also already been done. You can't keep the line going at mass market with D-listers, new snake men and unreleased concepts.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Just saw a carded pic of the Fan Favorites She-Ra reissue. The figure finally has the tiara, boots, sword, shield, etc. in gold instead of pale yellow. The loose promo pics are still the same ones as before with the yellow and axe comb accessory the figure never came with.

My biggest gripe about Origins is we only got ONE Princess of Power figure. Seriously, that sucks. She was also so hard for me to find I had to originally import the corrected knees version from amazon uk. The She-Ra figure was so popular she is being reissued a second time. But they couldn't even give us Catra or Swift Wind!? Hopefully the cartoon collection will include more POP.

I'm just happy the line is continuing. MOTU is kinda my thing. I don't even dislike the 87 movie or New Adventures and they are honestly both pretty bad.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 22, 2011

The Filmation cartoon is definitely my favorite MOTU media. I actually love the character designs and the new figures look great. I'll buy anything they release in Filmation style. That being said I do still love the original toy line. It's good to know Mattel has plans to release Origins versions of the remaining vintage figures online.

Comment

• B-Lister
                    Eccentric Weirdo
                    • Mar 19, 2010

I will deny the cartoon is most iconic. I disagree with that statement vehemently.
                    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• jacoblb
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2009

I placed my order for the new MotU wave but skipped on the Masterverse and reissues save for She-Ra. Wasn't planning to buy her again until it was pointed out (here) how the paint was done properly now.
                      I do like the Masterverse figures, but I started collecting with MOTU all over again when Super 7 did retro figures and then Mattel did it even better with Origins. If I the space and finances I'd buy all of Masterverse. The only Masterverse figures I own are the He-Man and Skeletor MC exclusives and two other items I found on clearance: Revelations' Battlecat and Sorceress. To date, the only Origins items I am missing are all of the Power Con 2021 exclusive offerings and the newest Skeletor & skeleton 2-pack. Oh, and Duplico and Mossman because they're still impossible to find in my neck of the woods.

Unfortunately for me the timing isn't too great as my finances are really tight.
                      There's just been a glut of figures coming out. BBTS just processed another Gargoyles figure and that's a whopping $50 right there. (Probably wouldn't be an issue if I weren't doing vehicle upgrades and supporting other toy lines like Gargoyles, Mego & Mego-like figures, and Lego.) Lady Slither came out recently and I got that, but I had to skip on the Skeletor item more recently as the only thing about it that I would want were Skeletor and the extra expressionistic, exchangeable heads.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by jacoblb
                        I placed my order for the new MotU wave but skipped on the Masterverse and reissues save for She-Ra. Wasn't planning to buy her again until it was pointed out (here) how the paint was done properly now.
                        The figure will also have the updated face paint and corrected knees.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

^Does she also come with a gold Chyna comb-axe? I saw that in pix.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            ^Does she also come with a gold Chyna comb-axe? I saw that in pix.
                            I doubt it. The pics showing the comb aren't new and are the promo pics from the first release with the yellow accessories. The new pic is the MOC one with "Fan Favorite" on the card back. Only the rooted hair exclusive actually comes with the comb.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Aha, OK--thanks.

I already have a new-knees She-Ra but may nab this as a nice variant.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎