X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Boss Fight Strawberry Shortcake comparison

Strawberry Shortcake as an action figure.

bfberry1.JPG

The figure is really cute and comes with a ton of very nicely painted and detailed accessories. The usual Strawberry Shortcake accessories, like Custard, and more modern type of accessories like extra hands, interchangeable face plates and a stand. The figure is scented. The figure has jointed elbows and knees but the range could be a little better. The problems are the dress is very stiff and the figure can't sit but the biggest issue is the hat. It is made of hard vinyl, hard to balance on her head and is crazy heavy. Without the stand she will tip over. I'm going to display her with an extra fabric hat I have.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Kenner vs Boss Fight.

bfberry2.JPG

The Boss Fight figure is wearing a hat from the Basic Fun 40th anniversary Strawberry Shortcake doll. I think it looks really nice.

A second series of Boss Fight Strawberry Shortcake figures have been announced with Lemon Meringue, Raspberry Tart, Apple Dumpling and Blueberry Muffin. Besides Boss Fight figures, The Loyal Subjects is going to release retro articulated Strawberry Shortcake dolls with rooted hair and fabric clothing. Should be out by the end of the year/early next year.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• RonnyG
      Career Member
      • Apr 23, 2014

I like the original, better. Nice tan, though!

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by RonnyG
        I like the original, better. Nice tan, though!
        It's hard to beat the originals.

But I do think the new one is still pretty cute and it's hard to pass up retro Strawberry toys. With the Loyal Subjects retro dolls coming out, I'm not sure I will pick up all of these. They are a little pricey at $40. I will definitely be getting at least Orange Blossom though.

Comment

• Godzilla
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 3, 2002

Great comparison. I remember my cousin having those.
          Mortui Vivos Docent
          The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Godzilla
            Great comparison.
            Thank you. I've seen a few youtube reviews and none so far have actually done any comparisons to the Kenner figures.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎