X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRDouble
    replied
    [QUOTE=KingKickass1983;1495735]
    Originally posted by TrekStar

I thought about customizing one as CTVT has everything for his outfit....the head though threw me off. The only one I can think of is Shazam from the Shazam series. But that would require me to buy a whole figure just for customizing...
    Oh, you can buy just the Shazam head. That's what I did after I saw someone here create a great and easy custom.

Leave a comment:

• J.B.
    replied
    Ahead of his time.

Leave a comment:

• Krypt0nite
    replied
    I made a Dick Tracy using using the Shazam head. With the hat on it looks perfect.

Leave a comment:

• KingKickass1983
    replied
    [QUOTE=TrekStar;1495732]
    Originally posted by PNGwynne
    Gad, how I wish these were Megos. Wonderful.

I would like to see mego make Dick Tracy and some of his colorful enemies, I think they would sell well.
    I thought about customizing one as CTVT has everything for his outfit....the head though threw me off. The only one I can think of is Shazam from the Shazam series. But that would require me to buy a whole figure just for customizing...

Leave a comment:

• TrekStar
    replied
    [QUOTE=PNGwynne;1495686]Gad, how I wish these were Megos. Wonderful.

I would like to see mego make Dick Tracy and some of his colorful enemies, I think they would sell well.

Leave a comment:

• PNGwynne
    replied
    Gad, how I wish these were Megos. Wonderful.

I read Dick Tracy in my local paper, an early story I recall was with Haf and Haf, which tied nicely with my childhood obsession with Two-Face. When the movie was released, I bought several reprint volumes.

Interestingly, the Penguin is possibly inspired by a Tracy villain, Broadway Bates.

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    Sadly, my first REAL exposure to Dick Tracy was reairings of those VERY questionable 60s cartoons on Chicago's Bozo Show, on WGN. Even then I could tell what was really from the strip, and what was added by the animation company.

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    Originally posted by warlock664
    Wow, that’s really nice!
    I’m not a huge Dick Tracy fan, but this particular pairing has sentimental appeal to me. My first exposure to the characters was the DC LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITION tabloid that reprinted the Tracy/Flattop newspaper serial in color from the mid-70s. This will pair nicely with the Batman/Two-Face set I own.
    That treasury was my only exposure to Dick Tracy as a kid other than when he popped up in Mad.

Leave a comment:

• warlock664
    replied
    Wow, that’s really nice!
    I’m not a huge Dick Tracy fan, but this particular pairing has sentimental appeal to me. My first exposure to the characters was the DC LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITION tabloid that reprinted the Tracy/Flattop newspaper serial in color from the mid-70s. This will pair nicely with the Batman/Two-Face set I own.

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    started a topic Mezco One:12 Dick Tracy vs. Flattop

Mezco One:12 Dick Tracy vs. Flattop

Wow, this is a gorgeous set, and one of the best attempts I've seen in translating the Chester Gould art into 3D figures. I can't help but feel the Dick Sprang-inspired Batman vs. Two-Face set helped Mezco unlock this look.

Not into Tracy enough to drop $195, but still, gorgeous.

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎