Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Makernaut
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2015

After seeing the Batwing initially priced at $20 and then quickly move to $30 (same price as Supermobile)....even amid numerous reports of the canopy breaking......I decided to play the long game to get it on clearance. Saw it marked down to $21 for months and they weren't moving from the clearance spot at my local Walmart. The other morning I saw a $15 sticker on it so I finally picked one up to go with the Supermobile I got last Spring. I know that's a weird quibble, but it's part of the "on the hunt and playing the long game" experience my brain seems to enjoy.

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Makernaut
      After seeing the Batwing initially priced at $20 and then quickly move to $30 (same price as Supermobile)....even amid numerous reports of the canopy breaking......I decided to play the long game to get it on clearance. Saw it marked down to $21 for months and they weren't moving from the clearance spot at my local Walmart. The other morning I saw a $15 sticker on it so I finally picked one up to go with the Supermobile I got last Spring. I know that's a weird quibble, but it's part of the "on the hunt and playing the long game" experience my brain seems to enjoy.
      Found a Batwing for $5 at my local Walmart today when I was for the Vision Center. It was the last one they had. No Supermobiles, but they did have the Batmoblile & Invisible Jet in the toy aisle.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Sabin
        • Feb 7, 2022

Originally posted by MRP
        Found a Batwing for $5 at my local Walmart today when I was for the Vision Center. It was the last one they had. No Supermobiles, but they did have the Batmoblile & Invisible Jet in the toy aisle.
        Did Walmart have the Wave 4 figures (Aquaman, Black Manta, etc) as well, or just the new vehicles?

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

At my one Walmart,where I can find their clearance aisle, both the Supermobile and the batwing were $10.

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

The only figs they had were WW, Deathstroke, John Stewart, Batman Who Laughs and Nightwing. Flash from the John Stewart wave hasn't been seen in the stores around here for a while, but those 5 have been ubiquitous, though WW is sold out at one of the stories but plentiful at the other. Both stores here also reduced drastically the number of pegs for the Super Powers figures going into the holiday season. They used to have 6-8 pegs, now they are down to 3 and the pegs have been given to anime based action figures for the holiday season, so there's a chance the new wave won't make it out until some of the old figs sell or get put on clearance as well, as our Wallyworld's don't seen to restock until the pegs are empty even if they have them in the stockroom.

-M
            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Makernaut
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by MRP

-M
              That's a fantastic bargain you found on the Batwing. Especially in light of the great care I took with the canopy on the one I purchased...only to see it immediately make a "crunch" sound where it hinges.

I shook the broken piece out of the opening and got the canopy to go back in place and close.......with Batman inside.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

My local Walmart got in the Batmobile but no new figures.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Sabin
                  • Feb 7, 2022

Originally posted by MRP
                  The only figs they had were WW, Deathstroke, John Stewart, Batman Who Laughs and Nightwing. Flash from the John Stewart wave hasn't been seen in the stores around here for a while, but those 5 have been ubiquitous, though WW is sold out at one of the stories but plentiful at the other. Both stores here also reduced drastically the number of pegs for the Super Powers figures going into the holiday season. They used to have 6-8 pegs, now they are down to 3 and the pegs have been given to anime based action figures for the holiday season, so there's a chance the new wave won't make it out until some of the old figs sell or get put on clearance as well, as our Wallyworld's don't seen to restock until the pegs are empty even if they have them in the stockroom.
                  Walmart's website is showing me that my local store also has the new vehicles in stock, but none of the new figures. So you must be right about them wanting to get rid of the old waves first. That's disappointing. i really want the Black Manta figure, and it's been such a long wait already. Seems like the Nightwing wave hit stores ages ago.
                  Last edited by Sabin; Oct 13, '23, 6:48 PM.

Comment

• MRP
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 19, 2016

Picked up an Invisible Jet today, and finally a Wonder Woman to go with it. No sign of any of the new figures yet though.

-M

Comment

• B-Lister
                      Eccentric Weirdo
                      • Mar 19, 2010

I need Robin.
                      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

My local Walmart got in both the Batmobile and Invisible Plane after I picked them up out of town.

Still no new figures.
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 15, 2010

sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• powersthatbe
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 27, 2010

The whirlybat blade function is great.

Comment

• B-Lister
                              Eccentric Weirdo
                              • Mar 19, 2010

I really want that Robin.
                              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• monitor_ep
                                Talkative Member
                                • May 11, 2013

There have been some rumors about the new few waves so why not talk about them:

WAVE 6:
                                Batman (TRU gold version)
                                Justice Lord Superman
                                Green Lantern Hal Jordon
                                Flash (Gold version: maybe the Wally West version)
                                Batman of Zur Enn Arrh

WAVE 7:
                                Blue Bettle (Ted Kord)
                                Brainiac (shorts version)
                                Green Lantern Kilowog
                                Yellow Lantern Sinestro
                                Superman (Gold version)
                                Batman (Manga version)

Blue Bettle's Bug Ship
                                Brainiac Skull Ship

Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎