X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Your Top 10 Toys of 2017

As we reflect on the year’s end, let’s look back at our favorite gets from 2017.

Here are my top 10 favorite toys/collectibles from 2017:Here's what I got last year, in no particular order

1. Batman 1966 3 3/4" Line. Hope it sees a wave 2.
    2. Super7 Masters of the Universe Retro Line. I always loved the He-Man character designs, but never liked the body style. These hit the sweet spot, even though they’re a bit too expensive.
    3. ProCustoms Rocket Firing Boba Fett Kitbash. Wish fulfillment from childhood. Now I wish he'd make the alternate light blue Prototype from the cardback photos.
    4. Tweeterhead Batman 1966 statues and Sideshow Batman 1966 Premium Format. Just glorious statues.
    5. NECA Silent Night Deadly Night retro figure. So twisted that this thing exists.
    6. Creepshow Father's Day 12 inch from Shrunken Head Studios. I think I got one of two that actually shipped.
    7. Super7 "The Worst" figures in Star Wars paint style deco. Surprised these aren’t more popular.
    8. Monstarz Creepshow Father's Day 3 3/4" figure from Amok Time
    9. Funko E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial 3 Pack. Freakin' beautiful set.
    10. First Appearance Superman 3 3/4" from DC Legion of Collectors. (Where the heck is first appearance Batman?)

02C2C1B0-A81C-4F3B-9371-3F3FFF88CF70.jpg
    8F9D5CF5-74CC-4547-81CE-2EF3BC62FD22.jpg
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

1.Sideshow 1/6 ED2 Ash
    2.DD They Live 8" collection
    3.Dreamex 1/6 TMNT
    4.MP Takara Megatron
    5.FansToys MP Skyfire
    6.Boss Fight Studio Bucky O'hare
    7.Funko 66 3-3/4" Batman
    8.NECA Classic Cartoon TMNT 6" set
    9.Mezco Classic 6" Wolverine
    10.MP Takara Sunstreaker

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

Not sure I bought enough to have a top 10.

My favorites of the year though...

the Usagi Yojimbo figures put out through Playmates TMNT line including the large sized Usagi figure...

and armored mounted Usagi figure...

the Wonder Woman movie lines of dolls...

which I bought for my wife,

and another line I bought for her...

The Star Wars Forces of Destiny doll line...

and the Nanometal minifigs playsets, both the Batcave...

and Gryffindor Castle

and, as I adore glow in the dark toys, my glow in the dark Funko Pop Ridz Ghost Rider figure....

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Super7 reaction Masters of the Universe. They are a lot of fun and quite a nice character selection already.
        Mega Construx Masters of the Universe mini figures. Just got Teela and Beastman. Seriously, these little figures are AMAZING!
        Bridge Direct retro Strawberry Shortcake. Only two new figures this year but still great quality and price.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

I love the Forces of Destiny line. If I were still actively buying Star Wars, those would be high on my list. But I made the choice to draw the line with my beloved franchise and just stick to mostly vintage pieces.

I also lament that that line came about 10 years too late for my daughter. Not that I am strictly labelling them as "girls' toys", but I think they would have been more palatable to her. I just think they are great quality toys that look attractively made and fun to play with.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I didn't buy a lot of new toys this year, but I went all in on the Funko Batman '66 line. Great stuff.

My daughter got heavily into all the Lego Batman sets and mini-figures, and I have to say they did a bang-up job on all of these, with more to come.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

Did I buy ten toys in 2017? Hmmm...

Top of the list would be Black Series TIE Fighter. I love going big. I'd like to add the Landspeeder, which is still too $$$ here.
              Next would be NECA Alien figures, trying to keep up with that.
              And I picked up a little vintage, mainly Atlantic Galaxy variations, and a Mego Action Stallion and Trek Transporter.
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

I honestly didn't buy ten new toys this year, I really like the Super Friends from FTC and the NECA figures I bought,
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎