X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figuremod73
    That 80's guy
    • Jul 27, 2011

Micro Superpowers

I just found out about these and hear that they are at Walgreens. Haven't been there to confirm though. Going to check it out first chance I get.

“Honey I shrunk the toys!!!” The DC Super Powers Collection is back and smaller than ever! All your favorite heroes from 1984 are here again, and fashionably pocket sized for your collecting convenience. Some of the most collectible toys the 80’s are the DC Super Powers collection from Kenner. Th

Amazing collectible figures from movies & comics. Star Wars, Marvel, DC Comics, and more. Order online now.
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I'm not hearing good things about this set.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

It's a great idea (making minis as opposed to jumbos for nostalgic lines like SP)... but their SP photoshops are false advertising, using the actual Kenner figures instead of the actual GG shoddier molds product.

Gentle Giant have made stupid decisions before with their Star Wars jumbos... but THOSE stupid decisions (like adding textures to Bossk's face that weren't there in the original) I was always okay with because IMHO they didn't make the figure ugly.

This is just crossing the line IMHO... and I hope they learn from the poor feedback whether they sell well or not.
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Figuremod73
        That 80's guy
        • Jul 27, 2011

I'm sold on them. I haven't seen the originals in many years. Hope whatever complaints are made about them are resolved.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Holy bait and switch Batman!

Our friends at Gentle Giant Ltd. always bring some of the best exclusives to San Diego Comic-Con, which is why we’re even more excited that they’ve given us the opportunity to present an exclusive closer look at the San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive Super Powers Micro Figure 3 Pack. Gentle Giant has done it again with […]

Unfortunately the actual micros look nothing like the photoshopped "prototypes."
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• starsky
            veteran member
            • Aug 26, 2007

i wish they had poseable arms and legs.

Comment

• msenger76
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 3, 2009

the only bad paint job i've seen so far is a robin. his mask was where his mouth should be. flash and lex look great in person

Comment

• Remco Monster
                GLOWS in the Dark!
                • May 3, 2006

Gentle Giant, for the most part, is a really crappy toy company. I like a lot of their jumbo figures, but some do have issues and they are insanely over priced. I have always thought their Star Wars busts are total junk.

The micro SP only have neck articulation, and the capes are beyond bad.
                Last edited by Remco Monster; Sep 21, '16, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                  That 80's guy
                  • Jul 27, 2011

Went to my Walgreens but they weren't there. Maybe it's soon for them. I did see the Secret Wars bobbles and came close to getting the Spidey but thought the better of it. Rather it was a replica of the original figures, without the big head.

Comment

• megonaught
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 29, 2008

I got mine yesterday.
                    And the capes really need fixing but overall I like them.
                    I removed mine from the stands and to me greatly improves them.
                    Would be great if they were fully artulated and the capes were fixed tho.
                    Action Jackson is his name.
                    Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

They are super, super, super tiny.

You don't really get how small they are until you see them in person. They are like board game pawns in size. GG should have been honest with their "prototype" images of these, instead of using actual Super Powers figures, because they are cool for what they are. They just don't look remotely close to what GG had advertised.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Figuremod73
                        That 80's guy
                        • Jul 27, 2011

I finally found 3 of the 5 and I'm overall pretty happy with them. I think that maybe they could have been a dollar cheaper. I see what you guys are saying about the advertising, gotta do a little better there.

I'm hoping it continues into a second wave because I'm really wanting Green Lantern, Darkseid, Wonder Woman, etc.

I'm keeping them on card, hung up on the wall. The card art is part of the appeal to me.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                          That 80's guy
                          • Jul 27, 2011

Oh yea, I cant wait to see the giant, original superpowers, and these minis side by side in photographs.

Comment

• megonaught
                            Career Member
                            • Jan 29, 2008

You can get Superman and Wonder Woman in the 3pk from SDCC this year.
                            I scored the set for 17.00 shipped.
                            Action Jackson is his name.
                            Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• ScottA
                              Original Member
                              • Jun 25, 2001

I picked up Robin. I think Flash And Lex are the best so far.
                              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎